Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074

Lever vs. Prong

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
i have a elitefts lever belt that I got a few years ago and generally like. However, I am on my fourth buckle because they snap every four to six months. This is extremely frustrating. I have preferred levers because I train alone and it's easier to get the snugness that I like. Clearly this is an issue that weakens the metal. I'm now considering switching to a prong because it will save money over time.
Interested to hear from those that prefer the prong and why.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You need to buy a better replacement lever for your belt. They are not all created equal. I had to replace a lever 2x and the second time I didn't go cheap. The lever cost me $60 (the cost of my toro belt at the time) and I've been happy for years since. The only downside to a lever is having to adjust it since you have to unscrew it, move the lever, and then screw it back on but let's be honest.... that doesn't take longer then a minute.

If you are dead set on getting a prong belt, get a single. A double is a pain in the ass. SS had one and it was a bitch to get both prongs set.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Where did you find the better lever. I've bought several different ones. Just steer be the right direction I have no problem paying for quality.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I've never used lever for that reason. When I train heavy it's always with at least 3-4 other meatheads so I have to ask them for help with the prongs but I have considered switching many times. Curious to see some of the feedback in this thread

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I went back to a double prong after years in a lever. Don't miss it at all. Tiniest bit of bloat or dehydration and the constant adjustments were a pain in my ass.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Where did you find the better lever. I've bought several different ones. Just steer be the right direction I have no problem paying for quality.

Got mine from liftinglarge.com, but it was a titan replacement lever. It wasn't a cheap chrome lever. It's build solid and I'll use it when I switch my belt out... shouldn't be anytime soon but that lever has withstood a lot. I checked the site and I don't see them offering it on liftinglarge.com. I see they have a $28 replacement lever and I wouldn't bother. I checked titansupport.com and they don't have the lever separately even though they allow you to upgrade the lever when purchasing a belt. They used to b/c that's the buckle I have on my toro 10mm belt.

I'll do some looking for you b/c to be honest, if I can find it again I'll probably pick another one up since places that I frequent don't have them.

Last edited:
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Got mine from liftinglarge.com, but it was a titan replacement lever. It wasn't a cheap chrome lever. It's build solid and I'll use it when I switch my belt out... shouldn't be anytime soon but that lever has withstood a lot. I checked the site and I don't see them offering it on liftinglarge.com. I see they have a $28 replacement lever and I wouldn't bother. I checked titansupport.com and they don't have the lever separately even though they allow you to upgrade the lever when purchasing a belt. They used to b/c that's the buckle I have on my toro 10mm belt.

I'll do some looking for you b/c to be honest, if I can find it again I'll probably pick another one up since places that I frequent don't have them.

I have purchased the cheap replacement from lifting large before, it also broke. I got another cheapo on Amazon because I needed it quick for this week.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I have purchased the cheap replacement from lifting large before, it also broke. I got another cheapo on Amazon because I needed it quick for this week.

I'd try the one I posted the link for. It's not chrome plated or made from cheap metals. It's solid steel so it shouldn't give you any issues. You may want to hit up lowes/home depot and switch out the screws but other then that you should be good to go.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I prefer prong, but just like a lever belt the quality makes a HUGE difference..... a cheap prong belt is a nightmare.

Spend the money on a Pioneer, General Leathercraft, or Bob's Belts belt and be done with it for life.

I got my Bob's Belt in 2008 as a present to myself for winning at WPC worlds... it still looks brand new and the buckle is still tight, the leather around the holes still looks perfect and isn't coming apart. I use that belt 2-3 times a week between heavy OHP, strongman stuff, squatting raw and geared, and pulling.

Instead of spending $60-$90 on the cheap ones just get a single prong from a good company, made in America for $110-140 and never have to worry again.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Alright so I've always had the same trouble.... but the problem with the prong belts is like yall said you need other people if you want to get it even just a little tight. BUT then I found this product called the EZ Fulcrum which is a belt tightenre on https://www.plantesinnovations.com/ and for real yall it makes it so easy. I highly recommend it. It's done wonders for me. Hope this helps!
Is this all you joined the forum for ?!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic