Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Lets talk back fat....

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Yep I said it, back fat... you know that layer on your back that just wont seem to go away. Is there any tricks, or things I can do to help this problem. When I diet down, i get slim from the feet and hands inward. Last to go is the belly, then there is just so much left on my love handles, and back. Even when I get down to 230lbs, it just never seems to go away.

Help appreciated.

OMS

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Dairy for me. Once I scale back dairy products, I've always noticed a reduction in lower abs and the spare tire area.

I'm not saying that's the cure, but it's how I've responded over the years.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Just to be clear this is know as the "Ring of Death".
On men 9.9 times out of 10 the very last to melt off.
Most will never venture into the debths of long term
dieting to get there. If you do not have the hard core
goal of stepping on stage it is hard to stay the coarse
of long enough for that last bit to get consumed as energy.

All the best. Keep looking at that front view.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
my wife actually likes my back fat...so i am all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Just to be clear this is know as the "Ring of Death".
On men 9.9 times out of 10 the very last to melt off.
Most will never venture into the debths of long term
dieting to get there. If you do not have the hard core
goal of stepping on stage it is hard to stay the coarse
of long enough for that last bit to get consumed as energy.

All the best. Keep looking at that front view.
my wife actually likes my back fat...so i am all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you two are indispensable for helpful information. lol I will just have to give it another try. Maybe at that point a little DNp woudl help burn it off.

anyone else who does shows, know how to get rid of this shit...

BIGasTexas

BIGasTexas

Nov 17, 2012
I've heard that dairy can be a factor as well. I'm not one to give much advice right now because I am just starting my come back, but my advice is to go on a strict ketogenic diet for 6 months. Check out http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/ ... it's strict but it works. I've done a lot of reading over the last few months and I'm of the opinion now that being in ketosis is the way humans were engineered to exist. That we should never have insulin pumping through our system 24 hours a day . We are supposed to be fat burners not sugar burners

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I've heard that dairy can be a factor as well. I'm not one to give much advice right now because I am just starting my come back, but my advice is to go on a strict ketogenic diet for 6 months. Check out http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/ ... it's strict but it works. I've done a lot of reading over the last few months and I'm of the opinion now that being in ketosis is the way humans were engineered to exist. That we should never have insulin pumping through our system 24 hours a day . We are supposed to be fat burners not sugar burners
Thanks for the reply, thats how I dropped 50 lbs a year ago, went from 280 to 230 over 6 months... or so, thats where I discovered the back fat would not budge, maybe I should have pushed it further....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Simple answer....you can't control where you lose fat. The answer to losing it is to eat less.

Avoiding dairy, fruit, anything is just old bro science. No truth at all to it and long been debunked.

Now if you are trying to step on stage and down to 5%ish....sure different foods will change retention of fluids. But control where you lose fat, no.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Simple answer....you can't control where you lose fat. The answer to losing it is to eat less.

Avoiding dairy, fruit, anything is just old bro science. No truth at all to it and long been debunked.

Now if you are trying to step on stage and down to 5%ish....sure different foods will change retention of fluids. But control where you lose fat, no.
Thanks for bursting my bubble here I thought I was missing something.... seems I just have to keep at it till it goes away.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Wow you two are indispensable for helpful information. lol I will just have to give it another try. Maybe at that point a little DNp woudl help burn it off.

anyone else who does shows, know how to get rid of this shit...

Wait a minute. The fact is that back fat has been living there a very long ass time. My statement about running a diet long enough it the truth. Plain and simple. Sure not a simple solution but that is what works. The ring of death will melt. Fun times . Then once you start any normal meal plan guess what? Here come Mr. Ring of Death again. Last off first back on.
Just the way it is.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
the dreaded "back fat"....I have a few friends who laugh at me when I bring this up. TO be honest..it is a tough area for myself also. FOR ME...it takes harder and LONGER dieting just like the others have said. I do make sure I am not low in testosterone, have too much estrogen, or deal with a high prolactin levels.

FOR me...adding metformin to my supplement plan did help with controlling insulin and carb levels. Essentially made dieting "easier" per say. (500mg daily)...a few other tricks help too...yohimbe helps but side effects can be harsh but does help with fat reduction.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic