Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

golfer's elbow/tennis elbow

ironhardempress

ironhardempress

TID Lady Member
Jan 15, 2016
Ok, so i was having a serious issue with golfer's elbow and tennis elbow about 6-8 weeks ago. It was so bad i could only do light weights when i did BB curls and forget doing pullups--it was the pulling movements that REALLY inflamed the golfers elbow. I rehabbed it using thera-bands and stretching, plus i was out of the gym for the most part for about 3 weeks. It's totally a LOT better, and i can do all my pulling movements no problem (I use straps on all my heavier lifts, plus lat pull downs), but I still have a lot of pain when trying to do pullups. If it wasn't for the pain, I could probably pull off 5 in a row no problem, but geez! I can hardly do 2 right now! I can do chinups easier, but it still give me grief. Any suggestions? I know that pullups are a great back builder.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
BI is right....but maybe try bent-over rows so you're not hyperextending your elbow as much on the lockout...just a thought. Pulldowns and pullups tend to have more pressure and reliance on the shoulders/elbows/wrists whereas with bent-over rows, there's a better disbursement. Especially with wraps...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ok, so i was having a serious issue with golfer's elbow and tennis elbow about 6-8 weeks ago. It was so bad i could only do light weights when i did BB curls and forget doing pullups--it was the pulling movements that REALLY inflamed the golfers elbow. I rehabbed it using thera-bands and stretching, plus i was out of the gym for the most part for about 3 weeks. It's totally a LOT better, and i can do all my pulling movements no problem (I use straps on all my heavier lifts, plus lat pull downs), but I still have a lot of pain when trying to do pullups. If it wasn't for the pain, I could probably pull off 5 in a row no problem, but geez! I can hardly do 2 right now! I can do chinups easier, but it still give me grief. Any suggestions? I know that pullups are a great back builder.

Like BI says floss it and work the forearm. Also throw in hammer curls across the body and facepulls to help free up the scaps

ironhardempress

ironhardempress

TID Lady Member
Jan 15, 2016
Thank y'all for the suggestionsame. I actually have some voodoo floss leftover from my crossfit days.

Spilz

Spilz

Apr 6, 2017
I ended up getting Golfers Elbow after breaking my wrist in a sporting injury a few years ago. Some exercises are just not good for golfers elbow and seem to make it agitated again.

Rest, exercises, Physiotherapy etc. did not work for me and I had a Cortisone injection. Most people get the injection into the tendon but the Doctor I saw just injected around the area and the pain is gone.

Obviously this is a last resort as it mainly just masks the pain - But you can still rest and stretch the injury and look after it.

I have had two injections and the first one lasted for 1 year without any pain.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic