Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Body Bug (bodybugg®)

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
Ok I saw this thing called the bodybugg on the biggest loser and online at 24 hour fitness and I wanted to know if anyone ever used one. I'm considering spending the money to buy a bodybugg but I just want to know if it's worth the 300 and something dollars.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
More gimmicks to take peoples money through creative marketing. Personally I feel your diet is either on or not. This may be a viable option for some but if you need that kinda micro management you have more problems then counting calories. I dont believe in a scale either, get in front of a mirror and jump up and down, whatever jiggles needs to go away.

S

SUPERMAN!

Oct 5, 2010
LMAO!.....I couldn't agree more!

More gimmicks to take peoples money through creative marketing. Personally I feel your diet is either on or not. This may be a viable option for some but if you need that kinda micro management you have more problems then counting calories. I dont believe in a scale either, get in front of a mirror and jump up and down, whatever jiggles needs to go away.

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
wow what will they try next a capsul with Tape worm eggs in it.
that right there will work great to loose weight.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
wow what will they try next a capsul with Tape worm eggs in it.
that right there will work great to loose weight.

Definitely.... Amphetamines will also cure hunger around the world! lol

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Pux, that is an awesome statement.

Slic.

FLEXIN

FLEXIN

Sep 26, 2010
A big waste of money, its an expensive calorie counter and nothing more. When I was a PT at 24hr I refused to sell them.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Im wondering how accurate the bodybugg is and how much data if any do you have to input into it. Anybody have one?

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Im wondering how accurate the bodybugg is and how much data if any do you have to input into it. Anybody have one?

I know someone that purchased one for a child (10 year old girl). It seems to be working in terms of (1) making the child conscious of what/when she is eating and (2) a general correlation between calories consumed and calories burned exercising. If it works, it is a small price to pay to get an overweight child headed the right direction diet and exercise wise. (Unless you have/have had an overweight child, you are not qualified to comment in my opinion.)

For an adult, I think it would be a waste of money. Adults are not going to distracted or motivated by a gimmick like a child will be.

Admin, I will let you know how the thing works technically and overall according to my friends.

-CC-

M

mac15

Jan 4, 2012
I must confess...

Okay, my confession. Yes, I have one. I'm not as "in-tune" with my body, so I used it to help guage my progress. I think it's a great tool for a beginner. I like that it can count your steps, too. It determines your calories spent by measuring your body temp and some other fancy-schmancy methods. As far as accuracy goes, I think it gets in the ballpark, but it probably estimates a bit on the high side. Could just be me thinking that, though. You don't need to input anything, except for your food intake on the website, but I prefer CalorieKing instead.

Okay... Now as far as price goes, I don't think that it's worth the price. Something else you may not know is that you have to maintain a subscription in order to access your data. All in all, it's a great tool for someone who needs it. It will definitely make you more aware to what you're doing and also make you accountable.

With all that said, I can honestly say that I haven't used it since May '11 because that was when my semester of school ended, and I left it in storage (long story... lol). When I do get it back, I probably will use it again for a few months to help get back into the swing of things. After that, I'll probably give it to my wife to help get her motivated to start working out, too. One thing I will mention is if you do buy one, be sure to buy some of those velcro tape dots because the glue on the velcro will lose its adhesion.

Hopefully, this helps you out a bit but if you (or anyone else) needs more info, let me know. =)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I had never even heard of this thing.... What ever happened to just keeping a log?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic