OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 1 Week 2 Day 1

Competition Deadlift 5x5 275 lbs
Double pause bench 5x5 225 lbs
Pause dead lift to the knee 1x5 225 lbs
Fatigue Drop 10% 2x5 185 lbs... I could only get 2 sets, as my ass was fried.

Then the long week end of resting, yea right, dealing with bull shit at home, I wished I could have just worked and not have to deal with it. life is so much simpler when It just me and the boys..

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Wave 1 Week 1 Day 3

Competition Squat 1x3 worked up to 315lbs
Fatigue drop 10% 4x3 275lbs
Sumo Block Pull 3x1 worked up to 315lbs
Bulgarian Split Squat 2x7 no added weight, was supposed to do 5x7 but my legs were fried.

I have to say the split Squats I already hate. Today my legs are sore, usually takes a few days for it to set in.

Question how high are the blocks supposed to be on sumo block pull ? We don't have blocks in my gym so I just used the rack, but thinking about it, seems I had it set a little high. There was about 6" under the 45lb plate to the ground. I was thinking about making some blocks out of 2"x6" maybe stack 2 together, so the blocks would be 4" tall. Ill just take them with me next time, and leave them there.

Make your own blocks. It's cheap, easy, and they'll be exactly what you want.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 1 Week 2 Day 2

Cop Bench press 1x3 worked up to 255 lbs
Fatigue drop 10% 4x6 225 lbs
5 Count Paused Squat 1x3 worked up to 275, kept the weight lower to work on form
Fatigue Drop 10% 4x3 225 lbs
Floor Press 1x7 worked up to 225 lbs
Rep Drop 2x5 225 lbs should have been 4x5 but I burn out

Ok so my form was way off, and POB gave me some comments on how to correct it. I kept the weight lower and really tryed to push out on my shoes, and spread my knees, and also put my hands wider on the bar. I think I need to fine a bar that is 7 ft between the collors, cause Im 6'3, so my hands are right up agains the plates. Squats felt good, but the snuck up on me. I didnt realize it but all night after, my legs were jellow. I have stairs to my house, and I had a hard time getting in the door.

The floor press, I may have when to heavy cause I did not make it to 4 sets of 5, i burnt out at 2 sets of 5. Im really enjoying this program POB has set up for me.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 1 Week 2 Day 3

Competition Squat, 15x2 Fuck me I hate these days worked up to 315 lbs.
Sumo Block Pull 3x1 worked up to 385lbs
Bulgarian Split Squat 5x7 These always kill me but I did all 5 sets both legs, with body weight.

Sumo squat felt really good, I think I could have done another set with 405 lbs, but Im trying to take this slow, and not hurt nothing. I did spend all day working on my bike, so I was up and down on the ground bent over all day. I don't have a lift yet but its on the list of things I want.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I think it all finally caught up with me. I went to bed Monday night and got up Tuesday so tired. All day I was falling a sleep at my desk, and just felt totally drained. I went home last night made dinner for the kids and just fell asleep on the cough watching a movie. Got up at 8 pm, made food for today and was back in bed at 9pm and slept like a dead guy, till this morning. I dont know if I caught a bug, or all the stress of life and the new program just shook my cage....

Some times you just have to listen to your body and rest. Well this morning I already feel 100 times better. Going to eat all day and go train tonight. Hit it hard.
Now that the wife is not in the house, I think Im going to make a habit of going to bed earlier to heal, and recover better. Something I have had a hard time in the past accomplishing, Getting to bed on time.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 1 Week 3 Day 1

Competition Dead lifts 1x3 405lbs
Fatigue drop 10% 3x3 375lbs
Double pause bench 5x5 245lbs
Paused Deads to Knee 1x5 315lbs
Fatigue drop 10% 2x5 275lbs

Was amped and ready for today, after staying home and resting an extra day. Paused to the Knee fatigue drop kicked my ass literal. I could only get 2 sets of 5 done.
Life has been kind of busy, but got to keep going, biggest thing is eating, the last week I have missed meals here and there not to bad, but still could be better.

in the video it looks like my legs are getting to the top, before my back engages. I need to work on my timing. Does your back engage before you legs are extended or do they work together, at the same time.?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'll have a bunch of comments on the dl via email later.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 1 Week 2 Day 3

Competition Squat 5x5 275lbs
Sumo Block Pull 3x1 365lbs
Bulgarian Split Squat 3x7 Body Weight

So you ever have those days, where you eat right, you feel good, you go to the gym and every fucking thing you touch feels like its 100 times heavier than you remember from the week before. Well I had one of those days yesterday. Had my heart set on 405 lbs for sumo and 315 lbs for squats. but I just did not have it in me. I burned out way to quickly, and was at 10 on all of these when I was done. Blahhhh and fucking Blaaaahhhh

Day 4 will be fluff day, thank god, cause everything is sore right now, I did squats in Chucks last night, feels way different, I didn't want to believe it would feel that different but it did. Thanks for the advice to get some. I could really feel the weight shifting to my heals, and knew when to start pushing,

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 1 Week 3 Day 4
Cable pull downs 240 lbs 5x10
Stiff leg deadlifts 135 lbs, leg curls 45lbs 5x10
cable press downs 85 lbs 5x10
Standing bicep curls 55lbs DB 3x10
Seated Should press 225lbs 4x10 last set finished only 5 reps
Abductors both sides 3x20

I think I may have caught a bug the other day, caused it seemed like I was strong as hell last night, all my lifts I added weight and went heavier than before. It was nice to be in there and bust ass, and leave a hot sweaty mess..

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
So you ever have those days, where you eat right, you feel good, you go to the gym and every fucking thing you touch feels like its 100 times heavier than you remember from the week before. Well I had one of those days yesterday. Had my heart set on 405 lbs for sumo and 315 lbs for squats. but I just did not have it in me. I burned out way to quickly, and was at 10 on all of these when I was done. Blahhhh and fucking Blaaaahhhh

Yup, I think we've all experienced that in our training and it'll happen from time to time. Hell that happened to me today b/c my mind was elsewhere. Everyday can't be Christmas.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 2 Week 4, Day 1
Competition Deadlift 15x2 365lbs
Pin press 5x5 225lbs
Deficit Deadlifts 1" 1x5 225lbs
10% drop 4x5 205lbs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic