Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Kianoush Rostami breaks the oldest world record in senior international weightlifting

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Iranian Rostami ( 85 kg ) 220 kg clean and jerk new WR . There's going to be one hell of a competition in this category at Rio .

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I can't wait to see Ilya Ilyin dominate.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
@BrotherIron did you see Vladimir Sedov protest against Ilya Ilyin on the platform at the Kazakh champs . He entered the platform for his first and only lift wearing a t-shirt depicting Aleksandr Ivanov and shouting " Here is the real Olympic champion " from London . Subsequently he lost his place at the Rio games .

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Ironically Vladimir Sedov just tested positive in the Beijing olympic retests . Whatever he was trying to achieve in his protest above all he proved was people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones .

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Iranian Rostami ( 85 kg ) 220 kg clean and jerk new WR . There's going to be one hell of a competition in this category at Rio .

That's NOT the REAL WR. Urik Vardanian HIT in the 1980 Olympics 222.5kg C&J in the old 83kg weight class. He also totaled 400kg there which has NEVER been duplicated.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
@BrotherIron Thanks, because this was the old weight classification were the old records frozen ?
I read his son saying his dad told him if there had of been .5 kg more on the bar he wouldn't have made that lift . What were your numbers from your weightlifting days ? Here's that C&J from Moscow 222.5 kg !

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The records weren't frozen. They changed the weight classes b/c back in the day drug use was accepted so they changed the classes to set all new records. The funny thing is the drug use didn't stop and many of the old records have yet to be broken.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
And you meant Mexico not Moscow.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
@BrotherIron
Mexico was 1968 Vardanian would have been 12 . The 222.5 was his third attempt after breaking the world record on his previous lift with 215.5 kg he was lifting in Moscow 1980 .

You're right, I could have sworn it was in Mexico. Not sure why I thought that. He broke the record with his second attempt. I've had the pleasure of meeting his son Norik.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
The records weren't frozen. They changed the weight classes b/c back in the day drug use was accepted so they changed the classes to set all new records. The funny thing is the drug use didn't stop and many of the old records have yet to be broken.

I believe the IPF International Powerlifting Federation did the same thing to seperate themselves from the other non tested Feds. But as I like to sat there is a major difference between drug tested and drug free. Hypocrisy abounds.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic