Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

RPE System of Training

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I have read over this twice and going to read over it more. I understand it but it is complex and very new to me. I'm looking forward to this style of training, it's something completely new to me and much needed. I may have trouble getting things right at first, but that's why I have you to call me a dumbass and correct me POB. I'll get the hang of it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have read over this twice and going to read over it more. I understand it but it is complex and very new to me. I'm looking forward to this style of training, it's something completely new to me and much needed. I may have trouble getting things right at first, but that's why I have you to call me a dumbass and correct me POB. I'll get the hang of it.

Its actually really simple for the lifter. It will make sense when I get you the spreadsheet.

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
What a great thread I've been wondering what rpe was an hadn't got around to looking it up and I don't think I could have found a better description . Thanks!!

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Thanks, POB, for the great explanation. FWIW, in researching this a bit more I came across the following article.

http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/blog/...tensity-of-effort-during-resistance-training/

My read on it is it just flips the RPE upside down. Instead of RPE 10 to state maximal effort, you have RTF (reps to failure) 0 to state no no more reps left. 9 becomes 1 and so on. People think differently and maybe thinking in reverse might help them better understand the system.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks, POB, for the great explanation. FWIW, in researching this a bit more I came across the following article.

http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/blog/...tensity-of-effort-during-resistance-training/

My read on it is it just flips the RPE upside down. Instead of RPE 10 to state maximal effort, you have RTF (reps to failure) 0 to state no no more reps left. 9 becomes 1 and so on. People think differently and maybe thinking in reverse might help them better understand the system.

Under the "what is it" paragraph of explain it that way.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Thanks, POB. Still just trying to wrap my brain around it.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I read over the post, sounds interesting, but Ill let it soak and come back and re read. POB this is the mess you have gotten me into, so Im sure you will be there to help... I think we all kind of do this now, but not to the extent you use for the program. I know when I use a specific weight and I decide to stop at say rep 7 weather I have 2 or 3 more in me. I also know when I have 0 more reps left, I could possible do. So it seems your just putting a rating scale on those feelings. Then using that rating system to mix stuff up to keep growing.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I read over the post, sounds interesting, but Ill let it soak and come back and re read. POB this is the mess you have gotten me into, so Im sure you will be there to help... I think we all kind of do this now, but not to the extent you use for the program. I know when I use a specific weight and I decide to stop at say rep 7 weather I have 2 or 3 more in me. I also know when I have 0 more reps left, I could possible do. So it seems your just putting a rating scale on those feelings. Then using that rating system to mix stuff up to keep growing.
Yeah sounds like you do understand it. So the point of me using this in your program is for clear communication of expectations.

If I say 9 that's only one in the tank.
8 means 2 left in the tank.
If I say 10 you should shit yourself a little.

I will be there every step of the way with you providing feedback and pushing you. One of the things you will find is that you are stronger than you think you are.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah sounds like you do understand it. So the point of me using this in your program is for clear communication of expectations.

If I say 9 that's only one in the tank.
8 means 2 left in the tank.
If I say 10 you should shit yourself a little.

I will be there every step of the way with you providing feedback and pushing you. One of the things you will find is that you are stronger than you think you are.

jezjzzor085

jezjzzor085

Jan 4, 2014
So great insight:

Watch "WWE Superstar John Cena Squats 495lbs While Training With Antonio Cesaro" on YouTube

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
So great insight:

Watch "WWE Superstar John Cena Squats 495lbs While Training With Antonio Cesaro" on YouTube

What the fuck does this have to do with this thread?

jezjzzor085

jezjzzor085

Jan 4, 2014
Sorry
C u next year
Bye

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic