Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400

Anything I need to focus on fixing or improving...SUMO

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I now I can improve strength..but does the Form and everything look right?

I've been working on getting set up better and I think it's paying off.

This is a PR for me here. 550x2 Felt pretty easy. Aiming for 600 any week now.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Damn solid pulls, looks like you had 600 in you rite there!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Turn the toes out and narrow the stance (maybe) with the goal being to get the knee over the foot not inside of it. You are putting some nasty stress into the knee by having it inside the ankle.

You also are using way more back than hip. This makes the ROM longer than it needs to be and makes the lift inefficient.

You are attempting to hip hinge a sumo deadlift and it's really taking away from the advantage of pulling this way. Your goal should be keeping the hips as close to the bar as possible.

Also keep the mouth shut and air in. No grunting.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Turn the toes out and narrow the stance (maybe) with the goal being to get the knee over the foot not inside of it. You are putting some nasty stress into the knee by having it inside the ankle.

You also are using way more back than hip. This makes the ROM longer than it needs to be and makes the lift inefficient.

You are attempting to hip hinge a sumo deadlift and it's really taking away from the advantage of pulling this way. Your goal should be keeping the hips as close to the bar as possible.

Also keep the mouth shut and air in. No grunting.

I've tried with the Knee over the foot. It feels way weaker off the floor to me. I can't spread the floor well with it like that. But I will try and work it in and see if it starts to feel better.

Work on getting closer to the Bar. Done.. I need to work on getting my hips to open up more.

Not sure why I grunted. I normal don't...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I've tried with the Knee over the foot. It feels way weaker off the floor to me. I can't spread the floor well with it like that. But I will try and work it in and see if it starts to feel better.

Work on getting closer to the Bar. Done.. I need to work on getting my hips to open up more.

Not sure why I grunted. I normal don't...
Sumo is always slow off the floor. It requires patience. Check.out yuri belkin. Fights at the floor but then smashes the lockout.

Have you ever broken the floor pulling sumo but missed the lift?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Don't think so.. I got about 1inch off the Floor at my last meet in Feb with 550. But gave up..I didn't fight it very long.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Don't think so.. I got about 1inch off the Floor at my last meet in Feb with 550. But gave up..I didn't fight it very long.
Then you may not be far off with what you are doing now. Maybe don't change anything.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
You're too far over the bar at your starting position. Raw sumo is about getting the hips in, but your shoulders are out in front of the bar. I'd work on getting your chest up more at your starting position, flexing your lats to get the bar in tight.

The_Northman1522

The_Northman1522

Jul 11, 2016
Drop your hips, pull shoulders back, and tighten up your stance.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

D

Deadlift Addict

Jan 5, 2017
Lock out your legs before locking out your back and body, a tip I learned from Yuri Belkin and something that is obvious when studying his deadlifting in training, recommend checking 'em out. Also having the knees above the foot just like PillarOfBalance said, good pull all things considered though! Damn strong!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic