Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Conventional to sumo

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I don't care about your quads. Grow your hams. Make them a strength. Maybe it will prevent further injuries in doing so.

Just to be clear, are you implying the injury is due to poor hamstring development?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I don't feel it in my Hammies much at all. Spreading the Floor involves the Hips, but it also is a Pressing movement. Your QUADs are pressing down and out.

I was once told You Hamstrings, Upper back and Triceps can never be too strong.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Just to be clear, are you implying the injury is due to poor hamstring development?

No. I know how you hurt it. Freak accident kind of thing.

But it was injured and now you need to make damn sure it stays strong so it stays healthy.

So what I am saying is don't shy away from something because you are dominant elsewhere. Balance yourself out instead.

H

hulk.athletics

Aug 13, 2016
Are you doing anything to rehab it.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Are you doing anything to rehab it.

The injury was some months back but here's what I did;

Like POB said, it was a freak thing but the S.O.P. I run for an injury was put into motion 5 min. after it happened. Ice and compression; on for 20 min on and off for 40 min. the remainder of the day and for the next day. I'm not big on heat until 7 days out and then only a small amount if you're immobilized. Naproxen for 2 days to minimize the swelling but no longer; it can prolong the healing process.

As for rehab, once I felt it was safe, I did some passive stretching and put the wife to work on massaging it. I now have learned how to get the Voo-Doo bands wrapped just right to get some good blood flow into the area and I do that every morning without fail.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm open to hear them.

H

hulk.athletics

Aug 13, 2016
Sounds like you have most of it coverd but I'd suggest stretching the hips out. Mostly the hip flexors and quads. I'd check yourself for lower/upper cross also. And once it's feeling allot better like pillar suggested I'd start hammering hamstrings hard after every lower body day. I like high rep ghrs, and hamstring bridges/ curls using a yoga ball. Two things I know of that contribute to pulled hamstrings are and anterior rotation of the hips, this causes the hamstrings to be overly tight. And a quad/hamstring imbalance. Most people have some form of both just because of every day life and posture. Joe Defrancos agile 8 is really good. Or his limber 11. I'd just take out the parts that involve dynamic stretching for the hamstrings.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic