Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Progress

F

flex270

Jan 4, 2015
I'm getting a bit frustrated. I've been lifting great my diet has been on point and I'm making gains. I've leaned out in my chest shoulders and arms but my belly isn't budging. I'm struggling to get cardio in with lifting because of my work schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Keep going, the belly and lower back are the last of your stores that will go away. I always lean out from my feet and hands in toward my torso first. Then the shoulders and chest , and love handles, belly and lower back are the last and hardest to lean out.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
How much have you lost?

How do you know your diet is on point for fat loss
How many weeks?

F

flex270

Jan 4, 2015
I'm down 10 in 4 weeks. I had a few bad days in the middle where I put some weight on. I'm very low on carbs and don't eat any after my mid afternoon protein shake and fruit. Then it's just protein and veggies for dinner and just protein before bed.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
How much have you lost?

How do you know your diet is on point for fat loss
How many weeks?

good points...at this point your really going to need to get methodical and know how much your taking in of both calories and macro nutrients. it sucks but it very convenient eating the same foods and meals day in and day out until you hit your goal and learn your body.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm down 10 in 4 weeks. I had a few bad days in the middle where I put some weight on. I'm very low on carbs and don't eat any after my mid afternoon protein shake and fruit. Then it's just protein and veggies for dinner and just protein before bed.

What are you eating for fats and how much?

Get an app and start logging what you are eating. Try and find what your TDEE is. You don't have to go low carb. If you find you have little energy that may not be working for you.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
In a lot of cases, when I ask how someone knows their diet is on point, they aren't tracking. You can't know how "on point" your diet is unless you have a running tab of macros/calories. Eating clean, low carb, etc all mean nothing if you aren't tracking.

4 weeks also isn't a long time to be dieting. You lost 10lbs in 4 weeks, but a lot of that is water at the start, otherwise, 1-2lbs per week is the general rule as to what good progress is. the other thing to think about is that, as weight lifters, put measurements and mirror can actually be more important than weight. I measure my waist and arms, and how my strength is doing, to indicate if I am maintaining muscle and losing fat.

I recommend getting myfitnesspal for you mobile device and using that for tracking. You can scan barcodes of foods, use their huge database to search, or manually input your foods eaten. After about a week, it becomes easier to track, especially if you eat a lot of the same foods. It takes me less than 5 mins to document an entire day

F

flex270

Jan 4, 2015
Thanks. I will. I have tracked in the past and I kind of figured that the way I'm eating I know I'm not over calories but I may be under.

Zuespas

Zuespas

Aug 2, 2016
From my experience belly fat is the most stubborn and most abundant. I dont notice it going down until I'm noticeable leaner everywhere else.

As well when dieting, I find it more effective to maintain a rather balanced out macro spread and slowly chip away at carbs every time progress slows. When I have gone full carb free right out the gate I stall sooner and dont have many options but to increase workload (cardio) to keep the progress going.

F

flex270

Jan 4, 2015
I tracked my calories you and ate basically the same stuff. It's right at 2100 calories that the app recommends. I've been aiming for more. Should I increase it or stay where it is.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
You trying to get rid of that extra abdominal fat right? you only have 3 options, eat less than that, do cardio, use fat burning supplements/ drugs or a combo of all three. It best to leave fat burning the supps and drug at the end when you just can't eating any less or add in more cardio. If it were me on workout days I eat no more than 2000 cals and incorporate 20 mins of LISS cardio post workout. On off days I eat 500 calories less than 2100 which is 1600. Give it a couple weeks and reassess.

F

flex270

Jan 4, 2015
Thanks for the advice. I feel like I'm on my way.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic