Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Like my new avi?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So it has been a very, very long road for me. As most of you know, I was in Judo for about a year and was training to enter my first competition. I had lost about 10 lbs of muscle mass as a result of the training, but it was no biggie. It actually helped me a bit. My instructor told me that my size could come in handy, but he also told me he noticed me getting faster and better on my feet when I dropped the weight.

fast forward a bit and I ended up blowing out my knee, not once, but twice. My knees were always bad, but this was really, really bad. Went under the knife and my knee was trashed; ACL tear, meniscus tear, and what was left of my cartilage was a deformed mess.

Was not able to walk for almost 5 weeks. To make things worse, I threw out my shoulder just before surgery, so going to the gym was more like going to do full body rehab. :( I lost more than 20lbs of muscle mass in that time, on top of the 10 I had lost from Judo.

Now, I have been out of surgery for over a year. My knee is still kinda screwed, but I am at least functional. My leg workouts consists of SLDLs, wall sits, leg curls, and body weight box squats.

My upper body has bounced back quite nicely. I feel like I am pretty much back to my original physique. Kinda sucks that it's been three years since my last avatar, but my body looks the same. lol

Had to keep it real and update it.

Last edited:

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I looked quick and thought "thats the same pic"! Great work overcoming injuries and hope its a better year for you man

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I liked it better when your phone was more centrally located over your junk.

Good luck with the knee bro, that sucks to hear.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
No... b/c it's not a hot chick instead of you...

Sucks to hear about the knee but at least you're working around it and you're not letting it stop you.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I liked it better when your phone was more centrally located over your junk.

Good luck with the knee bro, that sucks to hear.

Better? ;)

fcd5f09a-b22f-4c77-a8fc-650fde8dba7c_zpsqa0k5e8y.jpg

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
A lot of respect for your persistence, I'm working through a lot of physical shit myself so seeing posts like this helps me keep going.

Looking good man

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
You Look fantastic bro.

I know guys in perfect health that you would embarrass if they were around you.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Must have cut the bread out of the diet ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic