Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Harley Davidson Questions

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
Wow, man..... that's a lot of money for those mods. Are you doing all this work through the dealer or is an independent shop charging you this much?

Either way, my CopGlide has the same 103" in it....... 2 years ago I did a Power Vision, Fuel moto intake and exhaust and got about the same result from it - about 76hp...... but I only paid $1200 and the install took 4 hours at best..... you have a better tuner but seriously look in to another shop if they're charging you that much.

As for cams, I just did a set of Woods 777 cams and it made a huge difference. We hit my 100hp goal exactly..... and the whole kit with cams, pushrods, gaskets, and bearings was only $750.... A buddy's shop did the install for me to the tune of $400 including fresh oil in all 3 holes.

Either way, I'm happy I went with the 777s... there's definitely more power down low but now that power doesn't drop off at all. The part nobody talks about though is the sound.... dude, wait until you hear your bike with hotter cams in it.
IMO the power vision is the best tunable tuner their is. most tuners will agree. IMO woods are 1 of the best if not the best cams also but size still depends on the rider so many people I know went 555 and love it to death just really depends how you ride.
my new SS motor came with SS 640s. I am not sure how I like it yet as you have to be on it at all times. its just a monster that wants out of its cage. I dont always ride like that.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
IMO the power vision is the best tunable tuner their is. most tuners will agree. IMO woods are 1 of the best if not the best cams also but size still depends on the rider so many people I know went 555 and love it to death just really depends how you ride.
my new SS motor came with SS 640s. I am not sure how I like it yet as you have to be on it at all times. its just a monster that wants out of its cage. I dont always ride like that.

I was really worried that the 777s would be like those S=S cams are for you.... I almost went 555 instead but it worked out fine. Is the new motor still fun or more of a hassle at that point?

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
Call SE and tell them what your current set up is and your power band goal. You might be better off going back to a stock intake install the cams and have it tuned. I also recommend the work being done at a dealer.

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
I was really worried that the 777s would be like those S=S cams are for you.... I almost went 555 instead but it worked out fine. Is the new motor still fun or more of a hassle at that point?
its fun for sure but only fun. I can't just cruz with my biddies its a full blow race motor. I wanted the fastest junk but didn't realize i would be taking away the normal day to day riding. I have a Road Kind with the SE stage 4 kit in the 103" that motor is perfect mix. that is why i suggested it to the OP. its still faster than "most" yet I can ride around town no prob. funny I had the same set up in my dyna and pulled it out trying to be that guy,lol stupid. I guess i am lucky enough to have to bikes so not as big of deal if it was my only bike.

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
wow excuse a lll the bad spelling ect hopefully you guys can translate

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
Call SE and tell them what your current set up is and your power band goal. You might be better off going back to a stock intake install the cams and have it tuned. I also recommend the work being done at a dealer.
I wouldn't change his parts but there could of been a lot better choices. its a learning curve for sure I been at this half my life and I am old so I seen a lot of set ups. nothing beats the 103" SE stage 4 race kit. its has plenty of power (120/120) with right exhaust. the price is way under anyone that can build this power and it can be ridden everyday or raced on weekends.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
stop worrying about adding all those mods and start ridding it.

Did a short ride today, only about 120 miles.
But heat index was about 106 so sweaty balls and asscrack got the best of me.

Reactions: CFM
mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I had the SE 585 cams put in last week. Pretty impressive results, after adding the cams and a good tune on the Dyno I picked up 17 HP.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I had the SE 585 cams put in last week. Pretty impressive results, after adding the cams and a good tune on the Dyno I picked up 17 HP.

Not bad. Sometimes is not just how much hp you picked up, but also how much the power curve was improved. A vehicle with a flat power curve (I know that sounds like an oxymoron) with 250hp will feel faster than a car with 300hp but a steep incline. The first car will be a lot more fun to drive.

How does it feel over all?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Not bad. Sometimes is not just how much hp you picked up, but also how much the power curve was improved. A vehicle with a flat power curve (I know that sounds like an oxymoron) with 250hp will feel faster than a car with 300hp but a steep incline. The first car will be a lot more fun to drive.

How does it feel over all?

I agree, the torque went up 13 as well. It pulls much stronger than it did before the cams. Its also much louder which doesn't set well with my neighbors however I really like the way it sounds. :)

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
thats awesome so whats next??? HEADS?

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
What RPM range did you pick up the HP/TQ at?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic