Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Genetics and Muscles

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
my chest an biceps grow when I roll over in bed . I hardly ever train upper back an never traps huge and huge . beat the shit out of tris an calves an tris barely grow pretty sure my calves are shrinking lol

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
My strongest is back. Basically if I can hold on to it I can move it. Weakest is chest. I have switched to dumbells only and seen lots of improvement. If I could magically improve a part it would be legs. I can't work them the way I'd like because of really bad knees and nerve damage.

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
I broke my left ankle, dislocated it and ripped off a bunch of tendons when I was 19. Ever since I cannot get this calf to grow. My right one is fine. My biceps lag behind. Quads grow pretty good. Pecs do not. But my traps and shoulders grow very nicely. Back is average

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Everyone acknowledges that genetics play a big part in bodybuilding. Since I've began training I've noticed that my quads grow very well whilst my biceps are a very stubborn muscle!

The questions I ask are

1) What is your strongest and weakest body part?
2) What have you done to improve your weak point and was it successful?
3) If you could have any strong body part what would It be? (For me it would be to have big, peaked biceps)

Thanks
1) What is your strongest and weakest body part? Interesting my Strongest part now at age 50 was my weakest at age 20 - age 20 I had 8 solid years of training and my back and my calves were weak. My chest I have barely trained since age 15 and looks hard , square and big enough for my liking.
2) What have you done to improve your weak point and was it successful?
Just made them a priority- Calves always train before Quads and Hams, at times had their own day. I did after 15 years of training add 3 inches to my calves one year= by doing heavy heavy standing calf then strip sets until I went from 500 pounds to 100 by 50s.
3) If you could have any strong body part what would It be? Hey the mind strong everything follows Well I have it now - after training almost 40 years. I do wish my hair was not grey but at least still have LOL

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I broke my left ankle, dislocated it and ripped off a bunch of tendons when I was 19. Ever since I cannot get this calf to grow. My right one is fine. My biceps lag behind. Quads grow pretty good. Pecs do not. But my traps and shoulders grow very nicely. Back is average
I had same issue as I have broken every bone at least once- Train the weak side with single standing calf or one leg calf sled for 3 extra sets

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
I had same issue as I have broken every bone at least once- Train the weak side with single standing calf or one leg calf sled for 3 extra sets
I'll give it a try. Thanks man

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Believe I tried using super heavy for 12 Reps 5 sets then strip down . Like now I do stack plus few plates no matter what gym . Heavy for calves . Shock them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
One thing that's really worked well for me for weaker body parts is training them more freq. vs than hammering them to death 1x/wk. The increase in freq plus volume increase that comes with has done wonders for me.

Also cutting down on heavy ass weight and really feeling the muscle mind connection. Once you get that numbing burn, that's when the growing happens. Just don't rip anything and warm up good.

still training my weaker parts like this till this day and it works incredibly.

I like to add if you can, spot inject if possible. works esp well for smaller muscle groups. that inflammation and stretch over time will help with growth and look natural moreso than syntherol. scar tissue isn't an issue if you rotate constantly.

Use different areas to pin eg. outer tricep head, medial, long. same with biceps, each head. also you want to spread your shots out so your not just hitting the same part of the muscle ea. time which will also help with scar tissue and make it look more natural. ex start at top of medial tricep and work your self down each pin. and repeat.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Respectfully can't agree. The calves naturally spend all day repping as we walk step drive cars etc. training more frequently is called overtraining and unlikely to work . You need to shock them by using weight even cheating somewhat to extend the duration of set to creat fiber splitting which has recently been verified in few studies in Japan, Germany and university of Arizona. Check out the X rep series by Jonathan Lawson where actual footnote references. More frequent training i guarantee will not work for 99% If at All. For years as teach bujutsu , train soldiers and individuals in weight training - I've used many many times successfully . However I never have believe one day week works either . I train 3 days on 1 off but when doing weak part 3 times weekly . Again respectfully in 40 years training and 20 years of training myself and others I have yet to see spot injections work - swelling is not growing . Calves are unique you need to mix it. You begin with slow controlled full stretch full contraction . For 2-3 sets, then shock with heavy - I have seen many increase calf natural no drugs after years of stagnated results grow 2-4 inches in 3/5 months I done it myself . Past year I've only pinned my calves daily when I cycle and they have reached potential pinning did nada, plus I have so many student who but into that feel the need and not one found it works . I'm talking actual growth. Calves are dense and perform 1000 Reps naturally to do more of the same will not stimulate growth . To imply a needle will improve them is denying what you need to do is overload the muscle by doing more weight . I don't recommend this fur other body parts .
As far as arms delts pecs lats/ you begin strict but at the end of at least few sets partial reps at each muscle sweet spot like 2-4 extra has been known to cause hyperplasia . Studied have shown that duration of stimulus had major impact - around 40 seconds to do each set. Repetitions slow up then slower down. Most pros look like they are cheating - ever see Ronnie Coleman when he was the big thing - did shrugs with like bouncing barely moved with huge weight . Also look At your workout scheme for example do you do all biceps with same angle ? Many body parts you can do one where the beginning of the Reps are pre-stretching muscle , then chsnge angle of elbow to hit infront then across / pretty much every major body part you can do . Many take few favorite movement with all same angle and plane of motion . Homeostasis in the principle in which the entire system operates- your body will always try to adjust and remain the same - so do adjust to get to a point, but don't just remain cuz it makes you feel good , change every thing after few weeks constantly . Your nervous system is what hinders your muscles From changing . Therefore you need to periodically Change many variables. Your diet works the same wAy- that is why cycling your macros throughout week then repeating prevents metabolism to adjust . You vary to prevent mind getting bored too. Periodization is term used for a cycled increase in training intensity and volume . Way back the Russians and Bulgarians kicked the Americans asses in powerlifting . While at 50 I ding believe in testing my poundages there is a direct correlation between power and muscle size. I think bodybuilding volume is also important . You need to constantly assess these factors . Going back to calves when after 15 years of natty training my calves stopped Changing - most people can use way heavier workout weights then they do . My gym at time I went From 200 pound 25 rep standing to 600 pound for 8-12 Reps strive to extend 3-5 partial in three months in my late 20s early 30 so long ago lol-I added 3 inches on each calf. I coached many of my students who also worked out and similar results . THEN I discovered AAS around age 35ish and grew and become harder. My Reps are mind muscle. Connected i exaggerate the negative portion sometimes 4-6 seconds to shock. At top of contracting I hold fit moment and conciously / forcefully contract ( as I do with every body part and exercise ) however while I may only do 8 strict I may go another 4 partial, then move the pin to remove 20 pound do 3 more and so fourth but I'm doing 600 pound to start. On lats I see people doing 50 pound DB rows for 10-12. I'm going 12-15 with 200 pounders ultra strict cuz they don't come any heavier . However i may superset with pullovers etc. I don't do max weight ever never - but I train heavy as to grow you need . Then Again it's not heavy to me . As over years of progressive overload my body is used to it . As I'm sure most here are as well . Training and eating first then AAS and hgh to recover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carmine

Carmine

Apr 29, 2016
My strongest is my shoulders.My legs were my weak points how I fixed it i blasted them with squats.Now I just do basic wrk outs and I am happy with every thing.Besides my abs because I don't do cardio or diet like I should lol

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Genetics do play are part in it. Blacks and Italians seem to grow fastest and have the best over all appealing look for bodybuilding, such things as; thin skin, full muscle bellies, smaller joints and waist line or the hip to shoulder ratio... are all big factors.

but despite what everyone thinks about genetics, I don't think it determines how big a white guy or a Asian guy can get in the long run. Size is a function of how much juice you can work your way up to handling. Size of the muscle itself, is not related to how much weight one can lift either for that matter.

J

J4CKT

Dec 17, 2011
still training my weaker parts like this till this day and it works incredibly.

I like to add if you can, spot inject if possible. works esp well for smaller muscle groups. that inflammation and stretch over time will help with growth and look natural moreso than syntherol. scar tissue isn't an issue if you rotate constantly.

Syntherol is no more likely to make you look unnatural than pinning gear as long as you use the product as directed.
This mostly comes from seeing the horrendous abuse of some seo's and other site enhancement products that should
never even be used which cause some of the disturbing images you see when you google "synthol".. what most people
don't realise is that you never see good results in google searches because they flooded with so many bad ones. This
is generally because people rarely post them. IF used properly you do not "see" the use. Which is how it should be with
all products and how it actually is when you use Syntherol.

In fact scar tissue is also less likely even though injections are more frequent because the oil is neutral and does not cause
irritation and subsequent inflammation like gear does. There is no intramuscular inflammation. Only inflammation from the
trauma of the needle breaking the skin on such a frequent basis which subsides within days of stopping the shots.

Spot injecting generally only gives size with the formation of scar tissue because you are putting irritants into an already
irritated area, otherwise everyone would have huge assess from pinning all their gear in the glutes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic