Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Gabapentin

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Took a 600mg tab and what a game changer! I haven't felt this good since before back surgery. Does anyone know if this is for long term consumption? It's great to have a non narc med offer the relief this one does, prescription NSAIDS don't even come close. Any feedback would be appreciated

Reactions: CFM
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What are you taking it for? It's usually for epilepsy or RLS, assume you have some type of nerve issue?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I had it for shingles and it was fuvking incredible. Made me mad drowsy though.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I do PT with a Doctor and we have talked about this drug various times during sessions.

If I remember what she said correctly, it is well tolerated short term. It is not hepatoxic for the vast majority of users. When people see sides, fever, rash and weight gain are common, or reports associated with the CNS. Longer term, I want to say she mentioned that suicidal risk is warned of in certain individuals and memory loss has been reported.

I tried it for a very short term bout of RLS that I was having. It seemed to let me sleep better. I did not take it long enough nor did I take a mega dosage to notice any euphoria or effects that a narcotic pain med might have.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Took a 600mg tab and what a game changer! I haven't felt this good since before back surgery. Does anyone know if this is for long term consumption? It's great to have a non narc med offer the relief this one does, prescription NSAIDS don't even come close. Any feedback would be appreciated

Just to clarify, this is for a long-term pain management?

Is indicated for seizure disorder but has a shit ton of off label uses. Most notably, it's used for the management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy, other nerve pain disorders, PTSD, anxiety, etc. It absolutely will make you drowsy, I can cause David dreams and hallucinations, but most patients of mine complained that it caused them to put on undue weight. GABA modulation is a mother****er.

Hayron users and clonazepam addicts love it because it actually augments the actions of those agents – in my old practice I literally had a patient whose husband died and she kept filling his new rotten because she had such a legitimate addiction.

That little nugget of joy aside, tell me what complications about which you're most concerned?

Today there are no "outcomes" trials with this drug as there are for most cardio metabolic medications. At the medication is long generic, I don't see any pharmaceutical company pouring dollars into any long-term outcomes trials and less something is being done by an independent researcher.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
^^^^^ yes it is. It was fat more effective but I was a bit drowsy though. I can take it at night and see if that helps. It's been over 12 hrs and I don't feel I need more unlike the nsaids

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I took it for about a year as part of my migraine cocktail. I didn't really notice much in the way of sides at 1,500mg/day.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I took it for about a year as part of my migraine cocktail. I didn't really notice much in the way of sides at 1,500mg/day.

1500mg/day for a yr? Wow, I was worried 6pm was a lot

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Yea I took one 600 at 6am and am feeling good still. Hopefully I can stay at the low dose

jole.koydon

jole.koydon

Dec 26, 2015
Only had hydro for some tooth pain after a minor dental surgery. Took me out for over a week.

Reactions: CFM
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic