~*~ Strength Shop Thor 2-ply Knee Sleeves Review ~*~

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
8807081_orig.jpg

620395161.jpg

Link: https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/sleeves-wraps-straps/knee-sleeves.html

I was in the market for some Knee Sleeves after being disappointed in the ones from local stores. I would have just got some the old Rehband ones, but every place was out of stock. After searching and reading forums about Knee Sleeves. It seems the choices are really slim. Rehband, Tommy Kono, Titan and ones from Wal-Mart and similar stores. Rehbands hard to find. Tommy Kono would tear apart. The Titans I really didn?t find too much on. The Main thing all these sleeves had in common was they were made out of Neoprene. Which is great for keeping the knees warm, but I was looking for something that gave better support as well.

As I was researching I came across a Small Forum in the UK. I kept seeing post about a Doubly Ply Knee Sleeve. Thor Knee Sleeves from the StrengthShop. Once I found the site. I noticed they had 3 different Knee Sleeves. Single, Double and Triple Ply. I was wanting Knee Sleeves for Heavy Deadlifts and for heavy sets of Squats (before I wrapped my Knees). From what I could find to read, The Double ply seemed to be the most recommended. So I choose the Double ply Knee and went ahead and picked up a pair of Elbow Sleeves too.

Once the Sleeves showed up, I opened the package up. First thing I noticed was they are thick and heavy. This made me feel good about the choice I made.

Two days later I got my chance to really give the Knee sleeves a workout. Deadlift Day. Time to work up to some heavy Singles. I have been working on getting my Deadlifts up for a few weeks. So I can?t give the Sleeves all the Credit here. I nailed my Old PR then broke it twice. I upped my PR by 45lbs. These sleeves don?t have that kind of Carry over, but what they did do was give me great support while keeping my knees warm. They do offer some rebound, but not like a tight Wrap would. Just much better the neoprene does.

So if you?re looking for Knee Sleeves. I highly recommend these. When you order these, the measurements run true for the Knees. I ordered a Medium size for myself. I feel right in the middle of that size range 32-40cm. I was 36cm. If I was any closer to 40cm, I would suggest going to a large.

Update: 10-28-12: After another smashing day on Deadlifts and a new PR. I did noticed a small tear on the inside of one of the sleeves. It could be a fluke and been there from when I first got them. It didn?t seem to get any worse or affect them at all.

So if you?re working on High or Low volume workouts. These are perfect as they can handle it all. I use them for my Deadlifts and up till I drop down around 2-4 reps on Squats. Then I use Wraps.

Update: 10-28-12: After another smashing day on Deadlifts and a new PR. I did noticed a small tear on the inside of one of the sleeves. It could be a fluke and been there from when I first got them. It didn?t seem to get any worse or affect them at all.

481238772.jpg

Higher Volume:

Heavy Singles:

Last edited:
Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Update: 08/10/13: I have been using these twice a week since I got these. These are performing like the day I got them. That small tear hasn't got any bigger. These have got to be the best knee sleeves I have ever used.

Update: 08/18/15: Nothings change. Still use these and that small tear hasn't done anything yet. These things have lasted very well.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Strength Shop U.K comes in at an excellent price point and is well received here . Former Commonwealth games games weightlifting medalist turned powerlifter Delroy McQueen uses their products in competitifon to squat and deadlift both over 800 lbs so they can't be bad .

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Nice site. Good info on the sleeves, thank you. Ive been looking for aomething a bit more supportive than neoprene without having to go back to wrapping.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
After getting a Pair of 3ply Sleeves in this style. I recommend those over the 2ply.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
How hard is it to put on 3 ply sleeves? I mean I tried 2 ply once and it was damn difficult. I couldn't imagine 3 ply. I just stick my single ply elitefts sleeves.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
How hard is it to put on 3 ply sleeves? I mean I tried 2 ply once and it was damn difficult. I couldn't imagine 3 ply. I just stick my single ply elitefts sleeves.

Not Bad at all. I just fold it over and Pull it up. (my knee is 14in) I have XXX-L and XX-L. I'm going to send back the XXX-L and get a XL... It might be tougher to get on, but the two I have now are not bad at all.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic