Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Plantar Fasciitis

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
To anyone that has dealt with this, what in the fuq!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Can't squat lately-cripples me for a week
Can't run- 3-4 day recovery
Playing ice hockey: 2-3 days of pain afterwards.

Mornings are the worst....takes 30-45 mins to walk without a limp.

Podiatrist says stop doing all of the above for 6-10 weeks, wear special insoles and some compression sleeve thingy that he convinced me to spend 40 bucks on.

Has anyone had any other remedies that have yielded quicker results?

I'm not obese, I'm active but cannot give up everything that keeps me in decent shape....but this daily pain is starting to become a major hindrance.

Thoughts?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
solid shoes with good support.As soon as I changed to good insoles mine cleared up. I had been fighting it for two years. Two cortisone shots in each foot as well. The cortisone helped but was temporary .What really helped was buying good shoes with a hard arch support.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
take the time off and wear harder soled shoes.....that is all i know that can help......i just got a pair of Puma indoor soccer shoes and they feel real hard and would be tough to aggravate the plantar fasciitis

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I feel your pain, started last year for me, funny thing, I had hard (wood) soled dress shoes, I'd get home from work and could barely walk. Switched from Brooks running shoes to Saucony shoes, still have pain, wore a walking boot for months nothing. I switched out my inserts to these: http://www.alignfootwear.com/ and so far have had some (more than marginal) relief. I used to be able to do about 2-3 hours on my feet before, now I can make it most of the day, I can wake up and walk somewhat normal, not like that of an 80 year old hunch back. I will say I started having foot issues years ago and was diagnosed with Mortons Nureoma and had custom orthotics made for that. My feet hurt WORSE with those, I assumed it was them healing, but I think they in turn caused the PF. I did see a foot Dr who suggested "DRY NEEDLING" and was supposed to do it during another surgery I had, he was not available so I have continued to suffer. I have a nobby foam roller I will roll my feet on as well. Nothing has "fixed" it for me as of yet.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
solid shoes with good support.As soon as I changed to good insoles mine cleared up. I had been fighting it for two years. Two cortisone shots in each foot as well. The cortisone helped but was temporary .What really helped was buying good shoes with a hard arch support.

take the time off and wear harder soled shoes.....that is all i know that can help......i just got a pair of Puma indoor soccer shoes and they feel real hard and would be tough to aggravate the plantar fasciitis

Thanks to both of you for chiming in. All of my shoes are hard soled and less than a year old.

I'm wearing inserts now and they aren't doing much as it feels like I'm walking on a bruise constantly. During the work day/week, I'm wearing work shoes only but not doing any activity is going to kill me. Looks like I'll be captain upper body for the next couple months.

Not sure I can give up hockey altogether though.....I'll take a week off and see if that helps.

Thanks again.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I feel your pain, started last year for me, funny thing, I had hard (wood) soled dress shoes, I'd get home from work and could barely walk. Switched from Brooks running shoes to Saucony shoes, still have pain, wore a walking boot for months nothing. I switched out my inserts to these: http://www.alignfootwear.com/ and so far have had some (more than marginal) relief. I used to be able to do about 2-3 hours on my feet before, now I can make it most of the day, I can wake up and walk somewhat normal, not like that of an 80 year old hunch back. I will say I started having foot issues years ago and was diagnosed with Mortons Nureoma and had custom orthotics made for that. My feet hurt WORSE with those, I assumed it was them healing, but I think they in turn caused the PF. I did see a foot Dr who suggested "DRY NEEDLING" and was supposed to do it during another surgery I had, he was not available so I have continued to suffer. I have a nobby foam roller I will roll my feet on as well. Nothing has "fixed" it for me as of yet.

Damn my dude, this doesn't give me as much hope.

I may give those inserts a try if the other ones don't work. hope you're feeling better.....this shit is for the birds.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Go see a PT not a podiatrist. Every MD type will always say stop doing activity. That's not a solution.

What I started on you is where this needs to go. Graston along the whole calcaneal tendon, floss or mobilize the ankle, set the talus back in place and smash and strengthen the arch.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Go see a PT not a podiatrist. Every MD type will always say stop doing activity. That's not a solution.

What I started on you is where this needs to go. Graston along the whole calcaneal tendon, floss or mobilize the ankle, set the talus back in place and smash and strengthen the arch.

Since your guy is a ways away, I'll look around for a PT around here...there are a couple of places.

To be honest though, anytime that I do anything active where it's feeling any type of pressure, the residual effects are painful and linger. That whole week after we squatted, I was crippled. Lately, it's so fkn sensitive that anything that gets done to it, feels like I'm setting myself back a few days and starting over as the discomfort subsides with less activity. It's legitimately like walking on a bruise.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Since your guy is a ways away, I'll look around for a PT around here...there are a couple of places.

To be honest though, anytime that I do anything active where it's feeling any type of pressure, the residual effects are painful and linger. That whole week after we squatted, I was crippled. Lately, it's so fkn sensitive that anything that gets done to it, feels like I'm setting myself back a few days and starting over as the discomfort subsides with less activity. It's legitimately like walking on a bruise.

I know what you mean but that doesn't make the argument that rest is the solution. Shit like this happens when there is a weakness. The PT will address that so it doesn't come back. You could rest for a month, feel great and hit the ice again and bam it's back.

Good luck man I know it's painful. Always the way. Start getting active and doing well then shit hurts.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I know what you mean but that doesn't make the argument that rest is the solution. Shit like this happens when there is a weakness. The PT will address that so it doesn't come back. You could rest for a month, feel great and hit the ice again and bam it's back.

Good luck man I know it's painful. Always the way. Start getting active and doing well then shit hurts.

Thanks man. I always hit some stupid fukkin wall that deters me these past few years. I'll take your advice and seek PT. new GP next week so maybe he can refer me quicker.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Good luck, I find even sitting in my recliner with no shoes on sucks when it's time to stand back up! If you find something that works let me know too!

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
check out goodfeet.com these cups worked for me as did stretching.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic