Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Would you be upset?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Thats a behind the neck thruster. I take my pinkies off the dumbells when i curl, i call it who gives a ****.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
You are clearly exceptionally mistaken......

The Athlete he stole the Cube Method from is a guy named Brian Carroll. He has a site called 10/20 life now.

I can't respect any athlete that copy and pastes material, then tries to take credit for it's development, nor can I respect anyone who simply think an Athlete created something or a variation, because he is a successful athlete. Do some research.

That's not correct...... The Cube method is a Westside Barbell method that Louie threw out. Brandon repackaged it similarly to how Brian packages his method.... So, there IS 10-20 formatting in there but the method is pure Westside Conjugate.

As for stealing your ideas..... I've never heard of you. I've competed at a high level in powerlifting for a decade along side Brandon. And, although we're not BFFs by any stretch of the imagination we know each other and run in a lot of the same circles. I'd bet that he's never heard of you either. It's really common for powerlifters to use 100lb plates to do pull-through / RDL motions similar to these shrugs. My guess is that he just added the shrug on top of that and called it his since nobody in the powerlifting world knew that you do this...... I don't mean to sound rude about that, you could be the next coming of Jesus in the bodybuilding world, but powerlifters have no idea who you are.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I think this is just plain ridiculous. This is a shrug... plain and simple. People have been doing them long before you decided to pick up a plate and perform them in this manner. I'm even sure someone came up with this very idea (of holding the plates without a bar and shrugging) before you. I've seen people shrug with just a plate back in my old YMCA days... that's going back 25years.

You tweaked a way to perform a lift thinking no one else on this entire planet could have ever done it before you, lol. ok... a lift that's been performed since before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eyes.

If you had created some implement/tool to aid in lifting and someone copied it like the slingshot or the thompson fatbell then I'd say you have a reason to bitch and take action but instead you're whining about a lift you think you invented.

Truth...... the best part about this is the last sentence though........ because Mark Bell stole the Slingshot idea from one of the Westside guys who was using it a year earlier.... and Sorinex stole the FatBell idea and is now selling them as their own.

Two companies legitimately stealing ideas and making money from them.... and here someone is pissed because someone else put their name on a movement similar to their " purposely low key just for fun" one.....

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
That's not correct...... The Cube method is a Westside Barbell method that Louie threw out. Brandon repackaged it similarly to how Brian packages his method.... So, there IS 10-20 formatting in there but the method is pure Westside Conjugate.

As for stealing your ideas..... I've never heard of you. I've competed at a high level in powerlifting for a decade along side Brandon. And, although we're not BFFs by any stretch of the imagination we know each other and run in a lot of the same circles. I'd bet that he's never heard of you either. It's really common for powerlifters to use 100lb plates to do pull-through / RDL motions similar to these shrugs. My guess is that he just added the shrug on top of that and called it his since nobody in the powerlifting world knew that you do this...... I don't mean to sound rude about that, you could be the next coming of Jesus in the bodybuilding world, but powerlifters have no idea who you are.

Not true at all. I have been PL for 20 years. Also work for Europa and Worlds Strongest Man in the past. I am not super well known, nor do I want to be, but plenty of ppl in Strength Sports know me. I know quite a few people myself. Ask Brandon about being sued over his Cube method. Let's see what you come up with rather then just throw around opinions.

No one bothered to do any research, simply accuse me of being no one, which is fine. Saying that you don't know me, has no bearing that at the end of the day I created that specific programming, ROM, Method, time under tension and frequency. That is what as trainers, not powerlifters, we refer to as "programming". Specific design, not random. Powerlifters creating "bodybuilding accessory motions". I'm sure that comes in handy in PL, I'm sure he came up with it while prepping for his next BBing show..rolling eyes.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic