TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
jonstewartpopcorn.jpg#dramarequirespopcornandjews

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Unfortunately, I think you're pissing up a rope, Wes. I can imagine your frustration. After all, your teammate, Derek, got credit for inventing Poundstones, which are nothing more than 100-rep bar-only curls, and most of us log explosive high-rep dumbell rows as "Krocs", after the famous powerlifting champ. The only difference between them, Brandon Lily, and you is they are household names. Unfortunately, only those in your sport recognize the better lightweight class strongmen. I didn't even know there are weight divisions until I met you.

For those of you who are criticizing Wes, I can assure you, whether or not you've heard of him or think he's full of it, he is one incredibly strong mo fo and a great strength coach. I have personally watched him total over 1800 on the powerlifts in the gym (raw, no wraps) while weighing under 200 lbs. According to the current Powerlifting Watch rankings, that would put him in the top 5 of the 198s. Can't get much more elite than that. His biggest mistake, in my opinion, is shooting his wad in a sport that only gives press to the big guys, instead of reaching his potential, possibly becoming one the best of the best in powerlifting. If he had reached that pinnacle, no one would argue with his right to call those shrugs Inmans.

Let it go, Wes...or come back to powerlifting and earn the right to contest BL's claim and add Inmans to Krocs, JMs, Spotos, and Uncle Als (my rounded upper and lower back deadlifts, which made me famous when I strained my back for a world-record twenty-seventh time last month).

Thanks Al. As always a class act. Miss seeing you at the gym.

I have let it go. Ironic I actually got paid recently to film my Shrug technique for a Supplement Company. I have experimented for so many years with myself and my clients to get my programming down. 100+ comps in 20 years (bbing, strongman, powerlifting and Highland games) and still minimal respect.

I hope when I am your age Al and I am saying this with 100% respect I am as strong physically and mentally as you. Thank you to everyone here for the critiques and feedback. I am still learning. I am proud of the few things I have brought to this community.

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
Everyone knows that I created this method
You're damn right everyone knows. I remember when I was in middleschool gym class, being introduced to the weights, they sat us down and showed us a 20min video on Wesley Inman the creator of the Inman Shrug™. I am pretty sure this is a regular curriculum among all schools, and why the Inman Shrug™ is known by EVERYONE.

Additionally when you join a gym, any gym, there is a section on the waiver that asks "Are you familiar with the Inman Shrug™?" If one were to check the "no" box, they are instructed on the proper form, and history of the Inman Shrug™. This is pretty much common knowledge. I would estimate roughly tens of people know about the Inman Shrug™.

In my professional opinion I would hire an attorney and have him draft a "cease and desist" letter to Brandon Lilly. In this letter I would also ask for a sizable sum of money for not only your emotional distress, but for him making an instructional video of the Inman Shrug™ without the expressed written consent of Wesley Inman Co llc ltd. One other thing you could mention is the loss of revenue you incurred by people thinking they were doing the Lilly Shrug(patent pending), when in reality they were doing the Inman Shrug™, thus you losing copious amount of royalties, both monetarily, and in the form of free supplements.

What I think I am most pissed about is them removing the pictures of you and Arnold doing Inman Shrugs™ at the Venice Golds. Those images were iconic, and part of why many of us got into lifting in the first place.

I wouldn't let this get you down. Keep innovating. Keep Inventing. Keep pushing the envelope and being on the cutting edge of shrug technology. And most of all stay humble, as that is truly your best quality. If you lose your ability to stay grounded, you have lost this battle my friend. At the end of the day, people will try and imitate, but you, and EVERYONE else knows you created the Inman Shrug™, the exercise that revolutionized bodybuilding, and strength sports as we know it. Without you, and your tireless efforts there would be no Phil Heath, or Brandon Lilly for that matter. Just a bunch of lost souls, doing regular ole shrugs, with barbells, dumbbells, or plates(not to be confused with Inman Shrug™).

Last edited:
RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I should have a whole jelqing routine named after me. Personally I feel that I invented jelqing. You see when I was younger I wanted to flog my dolphin but was unaware of proper technique. So what I started doing instead of making me cum made my schlong grow to titanic proportions. I like to call them ..... Pawg pulls.

Wes, if you feel he saw your video and intentionally re branded your movement, then I would be mad. But is it possible that he could have come up with his shrugging movement independently of you?
This Jelqin thing, please tell me more sir.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I'd be pissed Wes... just like schultz1 got pissed when he saw RAIDEN giving out a Double Fisted ZJ's... He KNEW graniteman invented those and using him as the test subject... Seriously though... your an accomplished guy.. be honored, unless you patented it, you posted it on the INTERNET... free reign my friend... When I do squats on the Smith Machine I call them Lizard King's

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I would estimate roughly tens of people know about the Inman Shrug.

Spit eggs because I busted out laughing while reading this. The eggs landed on a drawing I just did of PillarofBalance reading from a dessert spreadsheet to one of his clients.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Just got done doing inman shrugs

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Spit eggs because I busted out laughing while reading this. The eggs landed on a drawing I just did of @PillarofBalance reading from a dessert spreadsheet to one of his clients.

If he simply posted that, it would be classic. I agree. Made me laugh.

His 5000 word response ruined it.

EastCoast, did you get beat up alot in high school?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
You're damn right everyone knows. I remember when I was in middleschool gym class, being introduced to the weights, they sat us down and showed us a 20min video on Wesley Inman the creator of the Inman Shrug™. I am pretty sure this is a regular curriculum among all schools, and why the Inman Shrug™ is known by EVERYONE.

Additionally when you join a gym, any gym, there is a section on the waiver that asks "Are you familiar with the Inman Shrug™?" If one were to check the "no" box, they are instructed on the proper form, and history of the Inman Shrug™. This is pretty much common knowledge. I would estimate roughly tens of people know about the Inman Shrug™.

In my professional opinion I would hire an attorney and have him draft a "cease and desist" letter to Brandon Lilly. In this letter I would also ask for a sizable sum of money for not only your emotional distress, but for him making an instructional video of the Inman Shrug™ without the expressed written consent of Wesley Inman Co llc ltd. One other thing you could mention is the loss of revenue you incurred by people thinking they were doing the Lilly Shrug(patent pending), when in reality they were doing the Inman Shrug™, thus you losing copious amount of royalties, both monetarily, and in the form of free supplements.

What I think I am most pissed about is them removing the pictures of you and Arnold doing Inman Shrugs™ at the Venice Golds. Those images were iconic, and part of why many of us got into lifting in the first place.

I wouldn't let this get you down. Keep innovating. Keep Inventing. Keep pushing the envelope and being on the cutting edge of shrug technology. And most of all stay humble, as that is truly your best quality. If you lose your ability to stay grounded, you have lost this battle my friend. At the end of the day, people will try and imitate, but you, and EVERYONE else knows you created the Inman Shrug™, the exercise that revolutionized bodybuilding, and strength sports as we know it. Without you, and your tireless efforts there would be no Phil Heath, or Brandon Lilly for that matter. Just a bunch of lost souls, doing regular ole shrugs, with barbells, dumbbells, or plates(not to be confused with Inman Shrug™).

Baaaahahaha..''Tens of people'' ..rotflmao...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic