Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Been a while. Getting skinny again and posing a little....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Talk about a shitty spot. You should hit that jackass with a 45lbs plate. What the hell is he going to do if something went wrong standing that far back?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Looking awesome, mac

Thanks man!

Talk about a shitty spot. You should hit that jackass with a 45lbs plate. What the hell is he going to do if something went wrong standing that far back?

I was not wanting a spot. He is a gym buddy that happened to be walking by and stopped to watch my set. You can hear I told him "I got this" when I saw he started to try to spot me.

I workout alone so I never have spotters. When I am not dieting, 495 is 4-5 reps for me so I was not worried. It was more a test of just seeing what I had in me and feeling some heavy weight.

Truthfully, I have never ditched a squat ever in my life. If I ever suffered an injury and had to "ditch", I know I am in a cage...but other than that, I dont want any help. I like knowing it is only me.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
I call bullshit on the whole "getting skinny" thing....:weightlift:

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I call bullshit on the whole "getting skinny" thing....:weightlift:

Just a bit of sarcasm on my part. First is our own self-perceptions when cutting. At times it feels like one is literally withering away. It is difficult to fight that mental battle at times.

The second is there are some "perma-bulkers" who tend lack any concept of the amount of bodyfat we all carry. They bust balls of "small" guys and think a 190-200lb guy is just puny. I am not a "real" bodybuilder, but if I ever did commit to prepping for a show, my guess is I would be in the low 180's on stage. To most who have never done any real dieting, they think 180 is just a tiny guy..... but again, they have little concept of what their scale weight would be if they did the same... Just a pet-peeve of mine

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
Just a bit of sarcasm on my part. First is our own self-perceptions when cutting. At times it feels like one is literally withering away. It is difficult to fight that mental battle at times.

The second is there are some "perma-bulkers" who tend lack any concept of the amount of bodyfat we all carry. They bust balls of "small" guys and think a 190-200lb guy is just puny. I am not a "real" bodybuilder, but if I ever did commit to prepping for a show, my guess is I would be in the low 180's on stage. To most who have never done any real dieting, they think 180 is just a tiny guy..... but again, they have little concept of what their scale weight would be if they did the same... Just a pet-peeve of mine

ahhh sarcasm.....likewise on my part...

you ****in look great...carry the weight extremely well...and yes....pet peeve of mine also, not necessarily in terms of bodybuilding, but in general...I may not be shit in terms of strength compared to professional athletes, but feel I can hold on my own among daily gym rats, despite weight and height....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Just a little update to this.....

My progress is slow (intentionally) right now. I was on a spring break beach vacation last week...took kids to the beach and enjoyed a good bit of overeating and indulging in ice cream sundaes about every night. I still brought my whey with me
wink.gif
and did the best I could...but I was not giving up a good time. I just hit protein and let the chips fall where they may. I think it did me some good as I dropped a noticeable amount in the following week.

Although progress is slow, it shows a lot more dramatic than larger shifts I have made in the past. I have also kept my strength. (Squated 495x3 and a 545 single on tues). All in all I dont think I am going to feel rush to get in "shape" for summer. I also am learning I can definitely stay lean if I just am willing to eat right. I have zero clue of what I weigh right now....have not stepped on a scale in a few months....dont really care either.

Just because at the gym tonight....some leg shots which I dont take the time to do as much as my upper body.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
From the pics I've seen you look damn good.Only thing I'd suggest is the front delts and chest.Bring those up and you'd have it all.Good job Mac !!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
From the pics I've seen you look damn good.Only thing I'd suggest is the front delts and chest.Bring those up and you'd have it all.Good job Mac !!

Thanks man. Actually always thought my front delts were overdeveloped. Looking at my RDB. I agree about chest. I have a good amout of upper mass, but I just dont have the sweeping chest look. Not sure I ever would. But I will say that getting leaner, has really made it look the best it ever has. Just wish I had that tie-in that really gave a nice sweeping chest from the front.

I have never tried to "bring up" any specific parts. But I might be shifting focus to something like that. I had always trained for strength primarily and never really fashioned myself a "bodybuilder". It has only been the past year that I have really began to focus on getting and staying leaner and leaner. (while keeping my strength) My goal is just to find that place I can comfortably stay at. I am still nibbling away at fat and trying to do so more in a "lifestyle" adjustment, rather than a diet. Never been a naturally lean person, but finding I can do this. Hitting my mid 40's now....I am looking to enjoy myself. Being the biggest or strongest is not really in the picture for me. Just being happy, and feeling good. I always said that I never could picture training for a bodybuilding show....but I am opening my mind to it down the road at some point as a possibility.

Thanks for the support.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Legs look great!! Keep up the awesome work!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Hey guys.....been a while. I've been lurking most as of late. Life has been crazy....moving the past 2 months, work...etc. I have been under the most stress and pressure that I have in the last decade. I am proud to say I have not missed a workout through all this.

I am still on a path to finding that every shape I can maintain. I dont consider this a 'cut" but a lifestyle. My training has migrated to a less 'powerlifter' type to more a 'bodybuilder'. It has been hard and at times I feel like I am giving up or getting soft. The idea of not chasing the next 5lb pr is a tough one to quit. But approaching my mid 40's, the constant wear and tear and overuse injuries were getting to be too much. I felt too young to feel banged up all the time. I also felt like I was getting to the point and moving some weights were some BIG injuries were an ever looming possibility.

I am bringing everything into a tighter and tighter focus as time goes on. This is where I am at now. This is my everyday shape and I am going to continue to bring everything in just a little tighter.

Thanks for all the support guys!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Mac if you wanna keep feeling strong and chase PR try using triples or 5rm as your PR but @8 or @9 rather than a full on max effort. Progress is progress and if your old @10 for a triple becomes @8-9 you know you have a huge single in the tank.

Regardless you're looking jacked as hell still.

Was hoping to see the hamstrings. Always was impressed by yours and it's something I use as a litmus test for who is REALLY training legs hard.

I don't think the front delts are over developed at all. Traps in comparison to them in the rear double bi look undersized though.

Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you. Enjoy the summer Mac!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic