Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Paleo Diet

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I kinda like the concept of Paleo dieting. How long has humanity been eating carbs? How long before that did they not eat carbs?

I remember reading somewhere that our appendix used to help process raw meat before the introduction of fire.

A friend of mine said it takes 400 generations for the body to adapt to dietary changes... Something like 7000 years. I could see why omitting things like corn meal from one's life could be beneficial. The assumed strictness of Paleo and the pompous douchbaggery associated with some peoples' opinions for said diet have given the concept a bad aura... Especially those who take questionnaires with 80+ symptoms and "find out" they have a zillion problems that Paleo can fix. I've taken those questionnaires and according to them I'm allergic to pussy and chocolate, both of which make me feel incredible... So fuxk all that madness.

The diet seems kinda solid, without the radical interpretations. Makes sense historically as well. Why else would our body have a mechanism for using stored fat as energy? And why do we feel ok after eating some types of carbs and lethargic after others?

I agree with SAD in that you could do Paleo without being in ketosis, or you could do it while being in ketosis since they push healthy fat (MCT) consumption... Maybe your choice has to do with personal metabolism instead of a heard mentality...

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I kinda like the concept of Paleo dieting. How long has humanity been eating carbs? How long before that did they not eat carbs?

All of that has been debunked, making the paleo basis moot.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Interesting this was resurrected.

I'm a fan of eating real ****ing food 90% of the time.

Limit supplements and food that God intended: dead animals and vegetables and good fat and grains...all appropriately timed and matched to energy expenditure.

Other 10% for booze and cupcakes. Or 30% when you have PMS.

I don't think any one "diet" works.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic