Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Brekenridge - Holidale, Whiskey Barrel aged winter ale

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
this has got to be by far the better of any Holiday/Winter ale's I have tried. Whiskey Barrel aged so it gives of nice smokey whiskey tsate at first, then a nice light mocha after taste. none of it too strong or overpowering... Juuuust right. I have to say, the alcohol content was very high... this beer would go great with a good steak AND desert!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
8.8% isn't that high, well maybe for a woman it is.

Looks interesting, I'll have to grab one.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I drink that natty ice..tastes like piss but gets u drunk fast

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I was at target last week and the merchandiser guy dropped a case of Breck vanilla porter. It smelled really good. I think I'm going to pick up some singles for Christmas libations. I'll add this to the list. So, one holiday whiskey barrel, one Miller lite, one steel reserve high gravity, etc.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
8.8% isn't that high, well maybe for a woman it is.Looks interesting, I'll have to grab one.
wow... thats all??? must have been the whisky barrel taste that made it taste stronger... either way I am glad your mom doesn't have a high alcohol tolerance... after three she let me PIITB!!!!

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I was at target last week and the merchandiser guy dropped a case of Breck vanilla porter. It smelled really good. I think I'm going to pick up some singles for Christmas libations. I'll add this to the list. So, one holiday whiskey barrel, one Miller lite, one steel reserve high gravity, etc.
your cheating on zima

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Leinenkugel has a "snowdrift vanilla porter" that is really good... give it a try too.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Now that you mention it, maybe it was the leinies. I don't know that target stocks breckenridge

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Well, my trip to the total wine was a complete waste, the place looked like Korea town after a riot and it was busy as hell. I gave up and left

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Well, my trip to the total wine was a complete waste, the place looked like Korea town after a riot and it was busy as hell. I gave up and left
yup... I had a similar experience last night... all the good stuff was picked over and the truck wasnt coming till next week... grrrrrrrr

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Well, the grocery store had plenty. I'm trying one now and it has a very sweet finish for a porter.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic