Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

High Dose Testosterone for putting on size

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
I know most of you here are big advocates of high Testosterone for putting on size and this keeps me pondering on the same question over and over again, is Testosterone always needed in high doses to grow to our fullest potential?

For all those that run Testosterone, what dose do you run it at and which ester do you use? (Please specify for both bulking and cutting).

The reason I ask is because I personally am able to handle Testosterone Propionate much better than Enanthate. I don't know why, both are Testosterone, but I ran 1.5cc of propionate ED in the past with little acne and oilyness, where 600mg of enanthate makes me sweat oil (200mg 3x a week). I was also using 0.5cc ED on my cut, and I had barely any grease. However, when I started cruising on 300mg of Testosterone Enanthate a week, everything got weird and greasy again.

Also, for those who bulk, do you all use high Testosterone, or at least 500mg + per week? Or are some of you, who have similar issues as me, still able to grow off compounds like Deca-Durabolin?
The reason I ask, is because I don't tolerate Testosterone well. I get really bad estrogenic side effects. My estrogen is always messed up, either too high or too low. I get really oily skin mainly and mostly from Testosterone. I find that my body would handle better low Testosterone cycles with other compounds as a base. Like low Trenbolone or high Deca. With low Testosterone, my body would be able to handle itself better, and I wouldn't need to worry about estrogenic side effects because even with AIs, I have a hard time controlling the acne.

I have seen some of you here doing low Test, high Deca, with Anadrol and growing well. Would be nice to get all your thoughts here, would like to discuss this in detail to further my understand on which compounds and at what dosages could be successfully used during a bulk to put on decent amount of size.

S

swolegi

Sep 23, 2010
I never ran test below 500mg while blasting but never more than 750mg because i aromatize way too much.
If i could i would run test at 1g+, cut or bulk doesnt matter. For most people the gram mark is where the diminishing return starts, better add other compounds.

Always run long esther since its in my body year round. Enanthate is what i use, started a blend of decanoate and enanthate recently (T400) and like it (for a cruise).
I react very bad to prop for some reason (horrible pip).

Its probably the best compound there is when you take in consideration the effectiveness, the sides the versatility and the price. I just wish i didnt have to run so much AIs with it.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Imo any dose of aas with proper training and diet will give me gains..Obviously the more u take the more effect it has

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I am fortunate that I respond to moderately low doses. I don't think I've ever gone over 600mg/wk. I presently cruise with test U at 250mg every two weeks, which is an ester that's even longer than the e or c esters. Not sure why you respond so differently to the same compound, but as long as you've controlled all the other variables and see the skin change solely with the change in ester, then you know that's it.

I would recommend running test as low as you can to still achieve your gains. Only you know how your body responds. For me, I can grow on 250mg/wk, while others cruise at 500mg/wk, and need at least 750mg/wk. This is for a bulking phase.

On a cutting phase the goal is to not go catabolic, and you don't need a ton of test for that, especially when you're eating well. 150-200mg/wk should be fine for that. Again, everyone is different.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
For bulking I prefer high test regardless of other drugs. Test I use primarily for size. Deca for joints, tren for gym aggression strength and body composition. Orals for meets.

So a bulk cycle for me would be something like

1.2 grams test cyp weekly
600 mg deca weekly
Maybe 100mg dbol for 4 weeks to kick off or wrap up the blast.

Alternately for cutting down

300 test cyp
600 tren enanthate
200mg drol for 6 weeks to start or end blast.

Test is king for gaining weight I don't care what anyone says!!! Lol

Edit: I should add I don't come off. So for those that pct using high doses of test usually leads to significant losses after the cycle.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
I'm like POB I respond well to low doses. I would have to say I eat a lot and more than most when I'm blasting or cruising. I really believe this is the advantage I have over most. The most I have every ran is 600mg Test Cyp. a week.

mands

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
I know most of you here are big advocates of high Testosterone for putting on size and this keeps me pondering on the same question over and over again, is Testosterone always needed in high doses to grow to our fullest potential?

For all those that run Testosterone, what dose do you run it at and which ester do you use? (Please specify for both bulking and cutting).

The reason I ask is because I personally am able to handle Testosterone Propionate much better than Enanthate. I don't know why, both are Testosterone, but I ran 1.5cc of propionate ED in the past with little acne and oilyness, where 600mg of enanthate makes me sweat oil (200mg 3x a week). I was also using 0.5cc ED on my cut, and I had barely any grease. However, when I started cruising on 300mg of Testosterone Enanthate a week, everything got weird and greasy again.

Also, for those who bulk, do you all use high Testosterone, or at least 500mg + per week? Or are some of you, who have similar issues as me, still able to grow off compounds like Deca-Durabolin?
The reason I ask, is because I don't tolerate Testosterone well. I get really bad estrogenic side effects. My estrogen is always messed up, either too high or too low. I get really oily skin mainly and mostly from Testosterone. I find that my body would handle better low Testosterone cycles with other compounds as a base. Like low Trenbolone or high Deca. With low Testosterone, my body would be able to handle itself better, and I wouldn't need to worry about estrogenic side effects because even with AIs, I have a hard time controlling the acne.

I have seen some of you here doing low Test, high Deca, with Anadrol and growing well. Would be nice to get all your thoughts here, would like to discuss this in detail to further my understand on which compounds and at what dosages could be successfully used during a bulk to put on decent amount of size.

500mg a week will not put on size unless its your first cycle. 500mg/week will keep what size you have, but that's about it.
Bump it up to a gram a week then every 8_12 weeks go up a gram more for each week.
Throw in EQ or Tren with the test and use Aromasin to keep the estrogen down.
The pros use 8-10 grams a week along with other things like HGH and slin, EQ, Tren, Etc... It should be a relatively slow progression upward as far as increasing your dosages.
The more you put into bodybuilding, the more you'll get out of it.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Titan,

I've got to respectfully disagree with you on this. This is true for what I consider "hard gainers" who don't respond especially well to AAS. I weigh about 235 pounds at just over 10% BF and if I add 50mg of NPP EOD on top of my TRT test dose of 250mg every two weeks, I'll explode in as little as 5-6 weeks to about 245, and I can't fit in my clothes.

Throwing around doses of 1g/week is pretty darn high for most. Yes, the pros are running silly amounts, but the rest of us stiffs who are working day jobs can meet most of our goals at lower doses.

500mg a week will not put on size unless its your first cycle. 500mg/week will keep what size you have, but that's about it.
Bump it up to a gram a week then every 8_12 weeks go up a gram more for each week.
Throw in EQ or Tren with the test and use Aromasin to keep the estrogen down.
The pros use 8-10 grams a week along with other things like HGH and slin, EQ, Tren, Etc... It should be a relatively slow progression upward as far as increasing your dosages.
The more you put into bodybuilding, the more you'll get out of it.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I am fortunate that I respond to moderately low doses. I don't think I've ever gone over 600mg/wk. I presently cruise with test U at 250mg every two weeks, which is an ester that's even longer than the e or c esters. Not sure why you respond so differently to the same compound, but as long as you've controlled all the other variables and see the skin change solely with the change in ester, then you know that's it.

I would recommend running test as low as you can to still achieve your gains. Only you know how your body responds. For me, I can grow on 250mg/wk, while others cruise at 500mg/wk, and need at least 750mg/wk. This is for a bulking phase.

On a cutting phase the goal is to not go catabolic, and you don't need a ton of test for that, especially when you're eating well. 150-200mg/wk should be fine for that. Again, everyone is different.

though my cycle experience is not as extensive as some others the most I've run is 500mg/wk of prop and I think that is plenty is had a gray run last time with a combo of prop and e (the e was part of a blend) topping out at around 350-400 mgs/wk and it worked great for me. I'm in the less is more camp. Jumping to 1000mgs a week sounds great but then you really have no place to go other than just adding moare compounds.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Plank,
I get that you can do one test and not the other. It's all about YOUR OWN body.
My friend can't do prop: too much pain. People say you can't tell the difference between E and Cyp; I can. I tolerate enan very well but my head blows up like s pumpkin on cyp.
I like prop EOD and enan EW to have both esters running.
I do opposite of most: low dose winter, high dose summer, cause I look best on high dose eating clean.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic