Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

pause squats

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Have me doing the shaky leg shuffle tonight. Damn things are brutal.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
They are a killer. But good for you for doing them. Get ready to grow!!!

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
How long are you pausing for? 3-5 seconds?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
How long are you pausing for? 3-5 seconds?

Doesnt have to be long. Probably 2 seconds id guess. Did a bunch of doubles at 365 atg, no belts or sleeves. Just got aome blood moving. Between work and kids my training has been sporadic. Best thing is that the tendonitis ive been battling in my knees was nonexistent tonight. Daughter did a bunch of clean and jerks, then we scooped up the boy who was entrenched in homework city and, hit longhorn for some steaks. Great night.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Yeah that stuff is hard. Do these a few times during each cycle. Usually 6 sets of 3 with 3 to 5 second pause at 70%-80% 1rm.

Another good exercise are Anderson squats aka squats from the pins. Basically starting from a dead stop below parallel and exploding up. 3 sets of 6 reps for these. Great with a giant cambered bar or safety squat bar.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I can't imagine doing a 5 count pause. 3 sec pause squats are a staple in my training.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I can't imagine doing a 5 count pause.

light weight for sure and have only done them for front squats. quad/back destroyer.
as you know, transfers well over to the clean catch.

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
Anderson squats are what I do when not using the monolift..

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Doesnt have to be long. Probably 2 seconds id guess. Did a bunch of doubles at 365 atg, no belts or sleeves. Just got aome blood moving. Between work and kids my training has been sporadic. Best thing is that the tendonitis ive been battling in my knees was nonexistent tonight. Daughter did a bunch of clean and jerks, then we scooped up the boy who was entrenched in homework city and, hit longhorn for some steaks. Great night.

Nice.

Looks like I'll be back at it again, now that the semester is over. Gonna try to kick it off right after new years.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I can't imagine doing a 5 count pause. 3 sec pause squats are a staple in my training.

Do the 5. Huge difference. It can take about 15 seconds for the stretch reflex to let go so it's not perfect but damn there is a big change between 3 and 5 seconds...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah that stuff is hard. Do these a few times during each cycle. Usually 6 sets of 3 with 3 to 5 second pause at 70%-80% 1rm.

Another good exercise are Anderson squats aka squats from the pins. Basically starting from a dead stop below parallel and exploding up. 3 sets of 6 reps for these. Great with a giant cambered bar or safety squat bar.

I am not nearly as fat as I used to be... still can't set that up though. So I usually start at or above parallel and overload.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Do the 5. Huge difference. It can take about 15 seconds for the stretch reflex to let go so it's not perfect but damn there is a big change between 3 and 5 seconds...

Agreed....the blood pressure legitimately rushes upward to the top of your head...you can feel it.

I was taxed after a bunch of 5 sec paused the other night but nothing overwhelming for recovery and I'm not taking shit at the moment.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic