Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

The 'ChrisLindsay9 Loves Himself Some Pulling' Videos

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I don't even think that was a 9 to be honest. You have a lot in the tank.
It was probably RPE 7 off the floor, but that lockout on that last rep was pretty near RPE 9.

I'm stinking fast off the floor. That first rep, especially, really seemed fast to me.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It was probably RPE 7 off the floor, but that lockout on that last rep was pretty near RPE 9.

I'm stinking fast off the floor. That first rep, especially, really seemed fast to me.

Maybe we need to work in some reverse band singles @10?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sure.

You thinking as a substitute to the koklyaev deadlifts or the rack pulls in Wave 3?

I think the koklyaev DL is useless for you. You have clearly demonstrated you know how to get back behind the bar. So probably will sub them there. However I don't want you doing rack pulls and reverse band in the same week. Might actually sub the rack pulls and keep deficits in there to replace the koklaev. The more speed we can get you off the floor, the more momentum to carry through to lock out.

The only thing I keep coming back to on your lock out issues is that you do have a slight roundness to your low back. That makes lock out more challenging.

If you can do reverse hypers in like excessive amounts on day 4's that would really be ideal. Any chance you have one at either gym?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ok change is on the sheet for wave 3. Let me know if this gets too taxing on the back. This is a slight gamble.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
The only thing I keep coming back to on your lock out issues is that you do have a slight roundness to your low back. That makes lock out more challenging.

If you can do reverse hypers in like excessive amounts on day 4's that would really be ideal. Any chance you have one at either gym?
I don't have a reverse hyper, but I'll add in back extensions and will hold a dumbbell or plate or something for extra resistance.

Ok change is on the sheet for wave 3. Let me know if this gets too taxing on the back. This is a slight gamble.
Noted.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
After six working sets of regular deadlifts (405x3 and 5x360x3), I pulled singles with reverse bands (standard red bands) and worked up to 450x1. I think these give me about 40-45 pounds of assistance? When I put the bands around just the barbell, it hangs about an inch off the ground (I think that's the way to gauge the intensity?)

Anyway, this is my third go-around with reverse band pulls in three weeks (as programmed by PillarofBalance) that worked up to, and then a little over my 1RM. I'm pretty happy with the speed AND lockout on this particular pull. There was noticeably less lower back rounding - which I think was benefited by having the barbell a little further away from my shins (over my toes, rather than the middle to back part of my feet.

So I'm now getting hopeful that if everything goes right, I'll have a shot at pulling 205kg or 207.5kg (452-458lbs) at my next meet on April 23. If I can do it, it'll be a world record attempt in this particular federation (AWPC/AAPF) for my weight class in the submaster (185kg/408lb) and open (200kg/441lb) divisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Deficit Deadlift 350x5 x3 sets (vid of first and third set)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Cool thread Chris, you are a beastly puller. Keep up the great work, looks like you are in good hands and pretty neat to have a 200kg DL within your grasp.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Yesterday, I wanted to test some things so I planned to work up to my opener and possibly a second attempt. Well, I went a little heavier than I planned but since I'm 10 weeks out, I think I'll be good. But man, was this a confidence-builder. I pulled 405, and 425 before this and didn't have any issues with my hips or arm/grip. Now at least, I can deadlift in the high 300s for reps and be pretty sure that I got a near mid-400s pull in me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic