Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

dostinex (cabergoline) dose

Jimmyinkedup

Jimmyinkedup

Aug 22, 2012
When it comes to prami tolerance is def a very real issue for some. For those that do tolerate it I think its an excellent choice for the effects I mentioned above as well as ease of availability and stability in liquid form.
The effects of all dopamine agonists on the neurological rewards system is a very real concern. The point with a DA IMO , is that it only be used if needed, and only for as long as it is needed. If used in that manner I do not think there would be any adverse , residual long term effects on the neurological rewards system. That would come into play when it would be used on an ongoing basis, almost recreationally for its sexual benefits. That is a no no IMO.
Also dosage plays into the equation as well. Even with Prami I think it is often dosed too high. I never need to go over .5mg/day where most of the time I see a dose of 1mg/day recommended. I have not ever found it necessary to take that much.
If e2 is managed first and foremost IME the need for a DA drops dramatically.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Don't bother taking any. Control your e2 and your prolactin will be fine. Horrible drug btw.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Don't bother taking any. Control your e2 and your prolactin will be fine. Horrible drug btw.

Why would you classify Caber as horrible or were you referring to the Prami in which case I concur.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Why would you classify Caber as horrible or were you referring to the Prami in which case I concur.

I don't think taking a dopamine agonist should be taken lightly. Definitely shouldn't be taken where it's completely unneeded for sure.

Your prolactin isn't going to rise if you control your e2. So some aromasin is all you need.

S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
I don't think taking a dopamine agonist should be taken lightly. Definitely shouldn't be taken where it's completely unneeded for sure.

Your prolactin isn't going to rise if you control your e2. So some aromasin is all you need.

I really agree with this. So I asked my client from the Australian Centre for Sexual Health and although I did not get a complete answer he muttered something about less problems and then pointed to the following.

The d3 receptor is being looked at as a treatment for addiction as an antagonist http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3148950/

Mirapex has been the subject of a class action lawsuit with evidence that at least 10% and up to 18% develop impulse control disorders. Before anyone says it yes I realise that short term use is unlikely to result in problems of that magnitude. But also, most addicts are addicted well before they realise they have a problem so how can we say for sure how long it takes?
http://www.fiercepharma.com/story/p...-gambling-addictions-dopamine-meds/2015-05-08

Cabergoline has also had class actions which were settles, but there are less problems with cabergoline

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I really agree with this. So I asked my client from the Australian Centre for Sexual Health and although I did not get a complete answer he muttered something about less problems and then pointed to the following.

The d3 receptor is being looked at as a treatment for addiction as an antagonist http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3148950/

Mirapex has been the subject of a class action lawsuit with evidence that at least 10% and up to 18% develop impulse control disorders. Before anyone says it yes I realise that short term use is unlikely to result in problems of that magnitude. But also, most addicts are addicted well before they realise they have a problem so how can we say for sure how long it takes?
http://www.fiercepharma.com/story/p...-gambling-addictions-dopamine-meds/2015-05-08

Cabergoline has also had class actions which were settles, but there are less problems with cabergoline

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/lawsuit/mirapex.html#.VjwVbTqJjIU

Specifically with Mirapex, the ICD's went away after they changed medications.

Edit: I think the 10-18 percent figure is actually the total of all dopamine agonists combined and not just specifically pramipexole

Good info.

So weigh risk and benefit.

Risk of ICD. Benefit of not a damn thing.

Take your aromasin and get bloodwork.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
When it comes to prami tolerance is def a very real issue for some. For those that do tolerate it I think its an excellent choice for the effects I mentioned above as well as ease of availability and stability in liquid form.The effects of all dopamine agonists on the neurological rewards system is a very real concern. The point with a DA IMO , is that it only be used if needed, and only for as long as it is needed. If used in that manner I do not think there would be any adverse , residual long term effects on the neurological rewards system. That would come into play when it would be used on an ongoing basis, almost recreationally for its sexual benefits. That is a no no IMO.Also dosage plays into the equation as well. Even with Prami I think it is often dosed too high. I never need to go over .5mg/day where most of the time I see a dose of 1mg/day recommended. I have not ever found it necessary to take that much. If e2 is managed first and foremost IME the need for a DA drops dramatically.
agreed, you need to asses your own tolerance and make a decision based on how you react. starting at .25mg and working up to .50 mg was sufficient and the sexual sides were great... much more appreciable than those from caber.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012

Glad someone said it.

mands

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I don't think taking a dopamine agonist should be taken lightly. Definitely shouldn't be taken where it's completely unneeded for sure.Your prolactin isn't going to rise if you control your e2. So some aromasin is all you need.
While I dont disagree with the statement that a Dopamine antagonist should be taken lightly, I have to disagree with the rest of your statement... My opinion is not based on bro science nor is it related to regurgitated articles posted online... it comes from good ol fashioned experience... and blood work... kept E2 in check and it was verified with bw... Prolactin was several points high... went back 6 weeks later for a restest (took caber during the 6 week period) and results were back in range. say what you will about E2... In my experience... NOT OPINION... the two may be related but they are independent.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I myself have never had any noticeable side effect from caber and had tried everything else to keep my right nip from acting up the caber fixed me right up, I am a proponent of it.
The Prami sucked but worked well...lol

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
While I dont disagree with the statement that a Dopamine antagonist should be taken lightly, I have to disagree with the rest of your statement... My opinion is not based on bro science nor is it related to regurgitated articles posted online... it comes from good ol fashioned experience... and blood work... kept E2 in check and it was verified with bw... Prolactin was several points high... went back 6 weeks later for a restest (took caber during the 6 week period) and results were back in range. say what you will about E2... In my experience... NOT OPINION... the two may be related but they are independent.
What were you running during that cycle IC? Sure that Tren was 100% legit tren? Trenbelone has near zero progestational activity and it's activation of the PR is somewhere around 100X weaker than progesteron itself.

You must be one in a million bud. :)

mands

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic