Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Tiny Meeker First Man to Bench 1,100lbs in Multiply!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I never said they compete against each other. What I'm saying is that I respect the raw lifter more because he is lifting honest weight. The assisted lifter is not. I don't see how this is even a debate. I'm sure Meeker can out bench anyone on this forum RAW so thats not in question but I'd respect his lift more if he didn't have all the gear on artificially inflating his true bench by probably 300 pounds or more.

That's like saying that pro football players aren't honestly hitting each other because they have pads on.
I'm going to keep letting my shirt bench dishonest weight for me... .LOL

They're just different ways of competing at the same thing. The only issue that ever comes up is when guys who have never experienced both come out and talk trash like they know anything about it.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
That's like saying that pro football players aren't honestly hitting each other because they have pads on.
I'm going to keep letting my shirt bench dishonest weight for me... .LOL

They're just different ways of competing at the same thing. The only issue that ever comes up is when guys who have never experienced both come out and talk trash like they know anything about it.

True I have never had a bench shirt on but I have power lifter friends who back me up 100% on this. I don't care if you wanna let your shirt help you move the weight bro. What ever makes your ego a little bigger I guess. But at least be honest with yourself and others. Every once in a while see what you can actually bench with no help so you don't start believing it. Also when someone asks what you bench don't give them the inflated bullshit number. Because you couldn't do it without special equipment. It would be like someone saying they squat 1,000 vs leg pressing 1,000. You are still moving the same weight but with the leg press its a bit easier. Now lets assume you can squat 700 lbs. Thats a very respectable number. How would you feel if some jackass came in saying he could do more than that only to find out he was talking leg press? I know, its two different movements but the exact same principle. The leg press gives you and unfair advantage just like the bench shirt does.

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
True I have never had a bench shirt on but I have power lifter friends who back me up 100% on this. I don't care if you wanna let your shirt help you move the weight bro. What ever makes your ego a little bigger I guess. But at least be honest with yourself and others. Every once in a while see what you can actually bench with no help so you don't start believing it. Also when someone asks what you bench don't give them the inflated bullshit number. Because you couldn't do it without special equipment. It would be like someone saying they squat 1,000 vs leg pressing 1,000. You are still moving the same weight but with the leg press its a bit easier. Now lets assume you can squat 700 lbs. Thats a very respectable number. How would you feel if some jackass came in saying he could do more than that only to find out he was talking leg press? I know, its two different movements but the exact same principle. The leg press gives you and unfair advantage just like the bench shirt does.

Why would I believe that I can bench raw what I bench geared? You don't get it, man.

Dude, if you ask a guy who drag races how fast he goes in the 1/4 mile what number will he tell you? He'll tell you whatever number he hits while competing however he competes, not what he does in the family, real world, sedan.
" Listen here Jeff Gordon, I'm not impressed with how fast you drive. You should only compete in a civic like the rest of us"......

That's the difference. I actually compete. I have competed raw, but I mainly compete in gear because it's more fun for me. I'm ranked top 10 for the year and top 30 all time. My raw lifts are pretty comparable raw vs. gear ( rankings, not pounds lifted) too. I don't bench big in a shirt so I can brag at the supermarket to bros. I train in a private gym with my team so that I can go and beat asses on stage at the Arnold and at Senior Nationals this year. Guys who seriously compete, raw or geared, understand this. Like I said, gym bros care and have an ego about it. I only compare myself to other guys competing in my class. I know the difference between respectable raw and respectable geared numbers and everyone who competes at a high level understands the value of both.

If your ego is getting hurt because of your bench numbers being smaller than geared bench numbers then feel free to get in a shirt and give it a whirl. Go out and compete raw if you'd like and I'm sure you'll have fun with it. But, don't go out and talk about something you don't know anything about, especially to guys who are living it.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Why would I believe that I can bench raw what I bench geared? You don't get it, man.

Dude, if you ask a guy who drag races how fast he goes in the 1/4 mile what number will he tell you? He'll tell you whatever number he hits while competing however he competes, not what he does in the family, real world, sedan.
" Listen here Jeff Gordon, I'm not impressed with how fast you drive. You should only compete in a civic like the rest of us"......

That's the difference. I actually compete. I have competed raw, but I mainly compete in gear because it's more fun for me. I'm ranked top 10 for the year and top 30 all time. My raw lifts are pretty comparable raw vs. gear ( rankings, not pounds lifted) too. I don't bench big in a shirt so I can brag at the supermarket to bros. I train in a private gym with my team so that I can go and beat asses on stage at the Arnold and at Senior Nationals this year. Guys who seriously compete, raw or geared, understand this. Like I said, gym bros care and have an ego about it. I only compare myself to other guys competing in my class. I know the difference between respectable raw and respectable geared numbers and everyone who competes at a high level understands the value of both.

If your ego is getting hurt because of your bench numbers being smaller than geared bench numbers then feel free to get in a shirt and give it a whirl. Go out and compete raw if you'd like and I'm sure you'll have fun with it. But, don't go out and talk about something you don't know anything about, especially to guys who are living it.

Good for you. You compete. Proud for you. As for me getting my ego hurt because my numbers are small...lol really? I don't have an ego about my numbers and haven't since I was maybe 18 or 19. There have always been guys stronger than me at the gym and always will be. I learned a LONG time ago to not have an ego about the amount of weight I can lift. As long as I'm benching more this year than I did last year, thats all that matters. The most I have ever flat benched was 355 or 365 if I remember correctly. No shame considering where I started out.

It seems you may be the one with the ego here. You are obviously obsessed with bigger numbers, after all, you do compete. And anything that will let you say you are pushing bigger numbers you are going to be all for. Its the nature of what you do. All I'm wanting you and others on this thread to admit is the HUGE increase in bench numbers when you add equipment, and that Meeker couldn't come close to those numbers without the shirt.
But the shirt gives no advantage you understand, its just there for moral support.

As a side note I'm texting a buddy of mine right now who has competed frequently at the state level and he says some of the guys are getting an extra 240 pounds with a shirt.

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
Happy New Year and the point of the above discussion is what?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Happy New Year and the point of the above discussion is what?

Happy new year.... Gunslinger can't read. Everyone knows that bench shirts let you bench more. I already said that. The point is that geared and raw lifters don't compete against each other. They are never compared except by gym bros who have never even been on a platform.

What people get out of a shirt depends on the lifter. My wife's 140 raw/250 in her shirt is a HUGE carryover compared to my 530 raw and 800 in a shirt. No duh the shirt lets you lift more. The part people miss is that neither one is better than the other. Like comparing top fuel drag racing to super stock. Of course the top fuel guys go faster, their equipment is better. You only compare people in their respective classes.

And keep texting. Anyone can walk in to a state meet. Talk to me when you or your buddies win at nationals ( I have) or worlds ( I have) or in pro meets ( I have). That's not ego. That's a high school physics kid arguing with a college professor.

And in all those meets I never competed against a raw lifter.... THAT'S the point. The two don't compete. I'm tired of hearing guys try to say that one is cheating or easier. Both are hard, both test strength and technique, and both are separate.

Class dismissed.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Happy new year.... Gunslinger can't read. Everyone knows that bench shirts let you bench more. I already said that. The point is that geared and raw lifters don't compete against each other. They are never compared except by gym bros who have never even been on a platform.

What people get out of a shirt depends on the lifter. My wife's 140 raw/250 in her shirt is a HUGE carryover compared to my 530 raw and 800 in a shirt. No duh the shirt lets you lift more. The part people miss is that neither one is better than the other. Like comparing top fuel drag racing to super stock. Of course the top fuel guys go faster, their equipment is better. You only compare people in their respective classes.

And keep texting. Anyone can walk in to a state meet. Talk to me when you or your buddies win at nationals ( I have) or worlds ( I have) or in pro meets ( I have). That's not ego. That's a high school physics kid arguing with a college professor.

And in all those meets I never competed against a raw lifter.... THAT'S the point. The two don't compete. I'm tired of hearing guys try to say that one is cheating or easier. Both are hard, both test strength and technique, and both are separate.

Class dismissed.

I can read just fine. Its obvious to everyone reading this that you are the one with the ego and the one who has got all butt hurt. If you could read you would see where I said "I never said they compete against each other. What I'm saying is that I respect the raw lifter more because he is lifting honest weight." Thats twice you have made that same stupid remark. All I ever said was that I respected the guys moving an honest amount of weight more than the prick who is bragging about his 800 when he can really only do 530. Now you are trying to compare yourself in lifting to a college professor? WTF man? And you say I have the ego? LMAO.

I also never said it was cheating. It is far easier to move more weight with a shirt than without period end of story. I'll bet you go around telling people you bench 800 when they ask don't you? Even though you know that weight would fuc kin crush you if you didn't have your "special shirt" on. Give me a break. Its an ego thing with you. You like to be able to brag about the bigger number because it sounds good.

Now class is dismissed.

D

db123

Feb 1, 2015
Amazing I lift geared multy single and raw. I am a 50 year old average joe early in life body builder late in life powerlifter. Gear pushes me to the next level bones bend body bruised kicks my but CNS gets destroyed I LOVE IT. MY Raw increases and the sheer simplicity of raw always reminds me of one on one comp. To all who put them self on the platform lift weight themself or the world just stares in aw. CONGRADS PLing needs not haters but support of all no mater if you pick geared raw tested nontested. We can all pick what fed what event and how we want to lift. I like Fords But aprecait a well built Chevy

Congrad to anbody and what a acomplishment to just be under such weight. The judges give it to you . You got it enough said 2 whites and its all good.

yeah grammer is Bad to so what.

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Amazing I lift geared multy single and raw. I am a 50 year old average joe early in life body builder late in life powerlifter. Gear pushes me to the next level bones bend body bruised kicks my but CNS gets destroyed I LOVE IT. MY Raw increases and the sheer simplicity of raw always reminds me of one on one comp. To all who put them self on the platform lift weight themself or the world just stares in aw. CONGRADS PLing needs not haters but support of all no mater if you pick geared raw tested nontested. We can all pick what fed what event and how we want to lift. I like Fords But aprecait a well built Chevy

Congrad to anbody and what a acomplishment to just be under such weight. The judges give it to you . You got it enough said 2 whites and its all good.

yeah grammer is Bad to so what.

Grammar might be bad, but your post is absolutely spot on. Well said.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
In other news Jonny McAnadrol from Katy texas set a new world record bench wearing a 5 ply shirt, a special bench and with two pulleys. Mr McAnadrol benched 2604 pounds at a bodyweight of 205. Says he will try to beat his own record next year and the only things he will change is add in another two pulleys and possibly get titanium inserts in his bones.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
In other news Jonny McAnadrol from Katy texas set a new world record bench wearing a 5 ply shirt, a special bench and with two pulleys. Mr McAnadrol benched 2604 pounds at a bodyweight of 205. Says he will try to beat his own record next year and the only things he will change is add in another two pulleys and possibly get titanium inserts in his bones.

You're being fuxking corny. Please move on.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic