What's New?

Ketosis in an hour!!! Yes!

• Thread starter The Ketone Maven
  • Start Date
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Common man, you really don't have an open mind to this?
You really didn't google: brain prefers ketones or glucose?
Are those the same text books for the last 15 years that told us that proper nutrition consists of food pyramid where the main staple was 6-11 servings of grain,rice,pasta, bread? While America got more obese?
That's ok! all new thing meet some resistance and I am looking forward to someone giving this a try.
No its an anatomy and physiology text like I said. Not a book on nutrition. And btw carbs aren't why people are getting fatter. Too many calories are. That's a whole other subject we can pick up later.

What are your ingredients?

T

The Ketone Maven

Sep 4, 2015
No its an anatomy and physiology text like I said. Not a book on nutrition. And btw carbs aren't why people are getting fatter. Too many calories are. That's a whole other subject we can pick up later.

What are your ingredients?

I do want to say that I don't want to come off argumentative and I feel like I became that way. I am just passionate! This stuff is amazing!
Many of you have real science backgrounds, I do not. I just used the product and was amazed by the results and then studied the research and talked to others who were taking the product and getting amazing results.

here is the ingredients:
INGREDIENTS:
MCT Powder, Beta Hydroxybutyrate, Natural Flavor, Malic Acid, Stevia and Caffeine.
Contains Milk Ingredients
Gluten Free

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I do want to say that I don't want to come off argumentative and I feel like I became that way. I am just passionate! This stuff is amazing!
Many of you have real science backgrounds, I do not. I just used the product and was amazed by the results and then studied the research and talked to others who were taking the product and getting amazing results.

here is the ingredients:
INGREDIENTS:
MCT Powder, Beta Hydroxybutyrate, Natural Flavor, Malic Acid, Stevia and Caffeine.
Contains Milk Ingredients
Gluten Free

Isnt HMB Beta Hydroxybutryate?
So this is is MCT with a serving of HMB with flavoring?
A bottle of Optimum HMB is 29 bucks for 90 servings and MCT powder is pretty cheap.
A pound of mct powder is 21 bucks.

what the difference between that and this product?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
OK Ketone maven..... a few things. First all your experiences are anecdotal at best. Think N=1. Very little value in any real sense when trying to prove the effectiveness or a product. As I said....I have a lot of experience on ketogenic diets. I never felt a "boost" of energy. What I did find (after several weeks of acclimation) is that the energy was more stable. Less highs and lows.

Now getting back to "science". Your statement that ketones are the "preferred" energy of the brain. I found a study that did show the brain will utilize BHB as an energy source. BUT it has to be at almost starvation levels fasted to "Prefer" it as you say. In the presence of glucose, it is not happening. How do you respond to this where it took 4-5 weeks of "starvation" levels for the brain to make the switch.? They not only had to loose all their glycogen stores, but any available proteins or gluconeogenesis would take over to make the glycogen that the brain wants.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC292907/

Last edited:
T

The Ketone Maven

Sep 4, 2015
Isnt HMB Beta Hydroxybutryate?
So this is is MCT with a serving of HMB with flavoring?
A bottle of Optimum HMB is 29 bucks for 90 servings and MCT powder is pretty cheap.
A pound of mct powder is 21 bucks.

what the difference between that and this product?

No bro. LOL.
HMB is HMB (short for β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate)

BHB salts (beta hydroxybutryate) are what is expensive my friend...you can try HMB and MCT oil (I guess)but those aren't ketones!!

Here is a link to an article of cyclists using the ketone drink to win international events.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/ketones-controversial-new-energy-drink-next-big-thing-cycling-151877

T

The Ketone Maven

Sep 4, 2015
OK Ketone maven..... a few things. First all your experiences are anecdotal at best. Think N=1. Very little value in any real sense when trying to prove the effectiveness or a product. As I said....I have a lot of experience on ketogenic diets. I never felt a "boost" of energy. What I did find (after several weeks of acclimation) is that the energy was more stable. Less highs and lows.

Now getting back to "science". Your statement that ketones are the "preferred" energy of the brain. I found a study that did show the brain will utilize BHB as an energy source. BUT it has to be at almost starvation levels fasted to "Prefer" it as you say. In the presence of glucose, it is not happening. How do you respond to this where it took 4-5 weeks of "starvation" levels for the brain to make the switch.? They not only had to loose all their glycogen stores, but any available proteins or gluconeogenesis would take over to make the glycogen that the brain wants.

Simple, they did not have an exogenous ketone supplement then.
This is new.
Before you had to make ketones endogenously. How did you do that? The only way was to starve your body of glucose.
Now this is not the case.
It's real, whether you guys believe it or not. It's not even a debate. It's real we can prove it.

You can go through all the science you want, theorize, try and poke holes
Here's the test:
Drink the KETO/OS and then take a blood ketone test. BOOM.

You in reality, have no idea. This is such a new concept that it challenges everything you believed prior.
The article here talks about a ketone supplement that is exogenous (see they ARE real)

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...ew-energy-drink-next-big-thing-cycling-151877

Why don't you try it and see if it works?
I already know bro. I have tried it. Seen real results in myself, my performance, my energy, my fat loss, my moods.

I brought you information and you try and debunk it. Real science. An exogenous ketone!! How cool! How exciting!
I know I'll be waking up enjoying some ketones tomorrow!!
It's amazing!

oh and here is the experience of a doctor trying a primitive form of the bhb salts:
http://eatingacademy.com/personal/experience-exogenous-ketones

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
OK some snooping pulled up some interesting links.

Looks like PA claims he came up with this in and began marketing it almost 3 years ago. Not exactly " This is such a new concept that it challenges everything you believed prior." as you say.

http://patrickarnoldblog.com/instant-ketosis/

He has done some testing on the product and sells a version. He said it is too unstable to make in powder form
I discovered that the product had to be delivered as a concentrated liquid because potassium BHB is simply too hygroscopic to isolate as a powder (it picks up water from the atmosphere and turns into mush at an astonishing rate, whether by itself or mixed with sodium BHB).

You guys must have been able to figure out something that Patrick Arnold was not able to. His data does show Oxygen use is decreased by an average of 6-8%.

Here is his product.

http://prototypenutrition.com/ketoforce.html

It is a touch more expensive at $4.6 / serving, but you at least know how much you are getting. I am not sure if the above company tell you the mg of BHB you are getting in theirs? People already in ketosis (keto adapted as he puts it) seem to respond the best to this.

Here are his thoughts on how it would be best used:

I am trying to figure out how to best use it too and right now I think its number one use would be for preworkout.

I think it would be an especially good preworkout calorie source for people already in ketosis. People in ketosis cant take carbs before preworkout so scratch that. They can ingest some protein but that ultimately ends up as glucose before its burned as energy so u cant take too much of that. You cant really ingest too much fat before a workout either because that is filling and takes some processing to yield its energy. If you can ingest ketones however that is ther perfect solution.

i thought about marketing this to help people manage the transition into ketosis at the beginning of a ketogenic diet but i am kind of downplaying that now as the pre exercise potential to me is so much more exciting

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
No bro. LOL.
HMB is HMB (short for β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate)

BHB salts (beta hydroxybutryate) are what is expensive my friend...you can try HMB and MCT oil (I guess)but those aren't ketones!!

Here is a link to an article of cyclists using the ketone drink to win international events.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/ketones-controversial-new-energy-drink-next-big-thing-cycling-151877

I just spent the better part of an hour researching this stuff.

There is almost nothing to show that bhb mineral salts have a positive affect on humans except possible some suggestion that it may help those with parkinsons.

Also cell tech won cutler 4 Mr. OLYMPIAS not the steroids, growth, insulin, genetics and hard work. Just like those cyclists didn't train hard and use recombinant erythropoietin.

I'm sorry but like I said before this is on some Dr. Oz level stuff. And for $350, not a chance in hell.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

The thing that gets me is say the ketones are there floating around like the product says.

You still have glycogen. So wtf is the body doing with the ketones when that isn't it's preferred energy source? Does your glycogen deplete at some point? Are you supposed to stop consuming all carbohydrate?

Like you i have been on a keto for long stretches plenty of times. I adjust much easier. Usually 2 days of being retarded. Or just take metformin and it's much faster ;)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
The thing that gets me is say the ketones are there floating around like the product says.

You still have glycogen. So wtf is the body doing with the ketones when that isn't it's preferred energy source? Does your glycogen deplete at some point? Are you supposed to stop consuming all carbohydrate?

Like you i have been on a keto for long stretches plenty of times. I adjust much easier. Usually 2 days of being retarded. Or just take metformin and it's much faster ;)

Your last statement about consuming this on a normal diet is EXACTLY what I thought too. That is why it is interesting to hear it right from the guy that came up with it that it is 'best' used by guys already keto adapted.

Straight up keto was tough for me but I responded well to CKD. This product would be great to supplement when you drain down your carb loads from your refeeds....but at close to $5 a pop....I think your money would be better spent elsewhere. I can see how it would be helpful to those whos bodies are already adjusted to using ketones for energy....but to a person eating 150g+ (on the low end) of carbs a day, I cant see any big benefit.

As a rep for this company new to this board, why not ask some people to journal it in exchange for some?. I would be interested in hearing responses of guys that I know are legit and not affiliated with the company. It is a pretty common thing to do to get the word of your product out there. Just an idea......

T

The Ketone Maven

Sep 4, 2015
OK some snooping pulled up some interesting links.

Looks like PA claims he came up with this in and began marketing it almost 3 years ago. Not exactly " This is such a new concept that it challenges everything you believed prior." as you say.

http://patrickarnoldblog.com/instant-ketosis/

He has done some testing on the product and sells a version. He said it is too unstable to make in powder form

You guys must have been able to figure out something that Patrick Arnold was not able to. His data does show Oxygen use is decreased by an average of 6-8%.

Here is his product.

http://prototypenutrition.com/ketoforce.html

It is a touch more expensive at $4.6 / serving, but you at least know how much you are getting. I am not sure if the above company tell you the mg of BHB you are getting in theirs? People already in ketosis (keto adapted as he puts it) seem to respond the best to this.

Here are his thoughts on how it would be best used:

Patrick Arnold is on our advisory board! We don't compete! What a smart chemist!

And we are priced the same!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Patrick Arnold is on our advisory board! We don't compete! What a smart chemist!

And we are priced the same!

Agree that no doubt the guy is brilliant. I also therefore listen to how he feels the product is most advantageous and to whom.

As I said, offer up some runs of it in exchange for reviews. There are many serious lifters on this site with integrity.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic