Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Has anyone seen the physique girls for the USA?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Quite a few FBB have been attempting to size down into women's physique this year. Thus the trend for bigger more muscular vs. the Juliana Malacarne or Dana Lyn Bailey look that was winning last year. NPC and IFBB shows this year reflect a "bigger is better" physique preference in judging.

Ironically many of the original FBBs who did downsize for WPD were getting marked down because they still had the "FBB" shape - IMO the biggest difference is in leg & trap thickness. It seems the crossover point has been hit where the former FBBs are starting to do better and maybe have given up enough of their "FBB" shape to start looking more "WPD", but the WPDs who weren't FBBs are also starting to come in bigger & more ripped. Sadly, I don't think it's a big stretch to expect it to start leaking into the FBB size / shape realm in the near future. I don't want to see that.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The figure girls at Nats are coming in bigger/dryer than ever before this season too. What's next a Most Muscle mandatory for bikini? ;)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
No joke.

I wish they could reign in that butt pose however.... I generally leave the auditorium when the Bikini girls come out because I'm so uncomfortable w/ some of the competitors' presentation. Waiting for people to start throwing $20 bills up on stage. Talk about setting back women's physique competition 40 years.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
No joke.

I wish they could reign in that butt pose however.... I generally leave the auditorium when the Bikini girls come out because I'm so uncomfortable w/ some of the competitors' presentation. Waiting for people to start throwing $20 bills up on stage. Talk about setting back women's physique competition 40 years.
Plus it seems like what it takes to compete in bikini is to basically not eat like a fat ass. I don't see the hard work.

G

gymrat827

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2012
things are getting out of hand.......wow

S

shehulkster86

TID Lady Member
Aug 20, 2015
After dominating the last night, Juliana Malacarne returned to the stage of Olympia for the finals of Woman's Physique 2015.

With Dana Linn Bailey out of contention, her biggest competitor was Kira Newman - in her first year of WPD competition.

Kira brought a bigger physique, but Juliana has a more complete and harmonious physique.

Juliana came a little less dry, looking less solid than last year.

The IFBB is trying to prevent Womem's Physique from becoming a category of Female Bodybuilding again, so referees tend to reward athletes with more balanced physiques, and should not give good placements to those who exhibit extreme muscle mass and definition.

Juliana confirmed this yesterday: "I have not come so dry or paved just for the sake of knowing exactly what the IFBB expects. For me, getting big, cracked and cobbled is easier than getting small. "

It shows how much Juliana and her team are competent and do their job seriously and have had the clarity to bring the correct strategy one more time in 2015.
It is very important and smart for an athlete to know what the referees expect and to fit within that standard.

Kira was an excellent opponent and will be a lot of work yet. But Juliana remains the Muse of the Women's Physique and her hard work and humility kept her at the Top of the World.

During the awards, a boring and unnecessary thing, Dana Linn Bailey took the stage to "appear" a little. I see no reason for it, since she did not even compete. It was Juliana's moment, she struggled to win and was there.

Whatever this idea was, it was a bad idea. Dana still picked up the microphone and gave an interview, ensuring she would not go to the new Federation.

It's the IFBB giving a lot of importance to what might not matter.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
No joke.

Agreed, being married to a WPD girl and having a daughter of my own...I see bikini as exploitive and bordering on softcore. That troll JM Manion and his creepy photoshoots don't help either. I try to steer anyone who asks away from bikini altogether.

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Plus it seems like what it takes to compete in bikini is to basically not eat like a fat ass. I don't see the hard work.
I would have to disagree at least for my bikini girls. My girls train hard a hell and bust their ass. But, I also feed them a shit ton and they come in full and lean. I grow my girls into their shows just like I do all my competitors.

mands

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic