Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

High RBCs and Strokes

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My wife is a nurse so I just have her do it at home.

What's the mechanics of all this? I mean:

do you just stick your vein with the same pin/syringe assembly you'd use for injecting oil?

vein in the crook of the elbow, back of hand, meaty part of forearm, whare?

what gauge pin?

do you want the pin in the vein facing away from the heart or back toward the heart?

how do you actually collect the blood, even though you're gonna trash it, you're gonna want to draw more than a 3 or 5cc syringe, what do you use to "receive" the blood?

how do you measure what's coming out so you don't draw too much?

do you ever have trouble getting the flow to stop when you decide you want it to? We've all had some blood leak out after occasional aas injects, but this time I'm guessing we're using a larger pin, AND right in a vein, not im.

***** for the record, I would prefer to let the pros do it, they're less likely to screw up than I am, AND it would be nice if my blood helped someone instead of got discarded by me, BUT if the pros are gonna impose lotsa rules and regulations, then diy is appealing *****

Many thanks for answers to any or all of the above.

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
I try to donate every few months. Dangling is right...our blood is better than non AAS users.

If you can help others, that need the blood, why not have professionals withdraw it?

I drained some out of me about a week ago. I'm going to do it again today. I waited too long to donate & now my BP is slightly too high for the Red Cross, so they will defer me.

I wouldn't recommend doing this without some medical training/experience (actual clinical experience...not "I bandaged a wound while hiking with some buddies" or something) & you should really have someone else there with you. If you pass out with a needle or catheter stuck in you, it is possible you will just keep bleeding.

A guy named bass posted a video of himself doing this a few years ago. Search "self bleeding" on youtube. It'll be the first video.

What's the mechanics of all this? I mean:

do you just stick your vein with the same pin/syringe assembly you'd use for injecting oil?

vein in the crook of the elbow, back of hand, meaty part of forearm, whare?

what gauge pin?

do you want the pin in the vein facing away from the heart or back toward the heart?

how do you actually collect the blood, even though you're gonna trash it, you're gonna want to draw more than a 3 or 5cc syringe, what do you use to "receive" the blood?

how do you measure what's coming out so you don't draw too much?

do you ever have trouble getting the flow to stop when you decide you want it to? We've all had some blood leak out after occasional aas injects, but this time I'm guessing we're using a larger pin, AND right in a vein, not im.

***** for the record, I would prefer to let the pros do it, they're less likely to screw up than I am, AND it would be nice if my blood helped someone instead of got discarded by me, BUT if the pros are gonna impose lotsa rules and regulations, then diy is appealing *****

Many thanks for answers to any or all of the above.

You need a bigger pin. Red Cross (& I) use a 16 gauge. It'll be easiest to do it in the crook of the elbow just like when you donate or get blood drawn for other reasons. I use an IV kit that I cut the drip chamber off of. Find bass's threads & he has a part number for tubing that fits into the needle hub. Measure out 500mL of water into some sort of bottle, mark the bottle, dump the water. One end of tubing into the bottle, other in the needle. Tourniquet the arm & then go into the vein at a shallow angle. It's actually really easy.

Won't be hard to stop. When I did this last week, my blood clotted up in the needle or the tubing (or I ****ed up & moved it too much, but I doubt it)...didn't get out nearly as much as I had planned.

Check out that youtube video. And see my warning above.

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
THANK you, and, yes, I am very open to warnings.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Now that we have a well established theory on reducing RBC... has anyone done this and had it retested?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
***Just for the record*** I start a few dozen peripheral IVs each week and have for over 8yrs.

Not quite so primitive but I have put an 18g IV in my AC (big veins at elbow) and pulled off 360ml (equal to one unit) in a large Toomey syringe (60ml). Much of these supplies can be purchased at MedSupply.coms online without a license etc. If you try to drip off 360ml it'll clot off before you can finish. The Toomey allows you to pull off (gently) a unit of blood without much effort. It is definitely effective as I have dropped my counts within range the night before lab draws when I couldn't donate in time. If you can give the shit to the Red Cross, do Double Reds once a month and you'll be golden. If all else fails you can pull off your own but clean hands, proper site prep and some experience with phlebotomy is a must.

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
Self draw without medical support sounds like a bad idea. Several years ago I tried to donate, I was a few minutes in and my BP dropped and I was out. I woke up to some fat girl pushing on my chest and another slapping me. I tried retuning for another shot and was refused.

All I'm saying guys, it only takes once. It's not worth the risk.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
It took 1.5 years of donations every 8 weeks to get my count around 15=45 a number I'm very happy with, considering I started at 54.

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
Self draw without medical support sounds like a bad idea. Several years ago I tried to donate, I was a few minutes in and my BP dropped and I was out. I woke up to some fat girl pushing on my chest and another slapping me. I tried retuning for another shot and was refused.

All I'm saying guys, it only takes once. It's not worth the risk.

Lmao, there's always some knucklehead who inappropriately starts CPR on someone who passes out.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Polycythemia here. Hematocrit was 57. I had 500ml of blood taken 6 weeks in a row to get it down to 45 and then about 500ml once a month. I was on a cycle though. when I went back to trt it wasnt as serious.

I think I will pass on eq although I love the stuff.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic