Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Craiving for alcohol on strict diet

M

mel149

May 19, 2015
Hello guys just wanted to throw in that 3 years ago before my training I was drinking constantly however when I started training I quit all my bad habits but recently I've been noticing last month that I've been craving a drink and avoided for a month but the craiving wouldn't go away so yesterday I bought myself a drink now my question is will I keep craiving for a drink or is it just a one off thing I want to keep away from this garbage as my diet is very important to me I know this is bad for me too. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I drink Vodka even during contest prep. It's 60-80 calories per serving and as long as you limit yourself to 2-3 drinks once or twice you'll be fine.

M

mel149

May 19, 2015
I drink Vodka even during contest prep. It's 60-80 calories per serving and as long as you limit yourself to 2-3 drinks once or twice you'll be fine.
Cool thanks Mike. Cheers

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Just to be clear are you saying you are an alcoholic and stopped or you just felt like having a drink. I think we all get like that from time to time.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Just to be clear are you saying you are an alcoholic and stopped or you just felt like having a drink. I think we all get like that from time to time.

If you can drink one and stop, you are not an alcoholic... You are a social drinker.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
If you're not in contest prep, or if you're in the early stages (subject to your progress) of prep where you still have a cheat meal scheduled, I would say, if you "need" to have a drink, then put it on your scheduled cheat day. A "good" diet / lifestyle can absorb that sort of "once / week" type "cheat". I'd even go to the point of it's just good practice to "throw some shit down the piehole" (technical terminology) to exercise your system. I find I become lactose intolerant and generally more limited in my ability to process things when I've been on a very strict (variety-wise) diet. But as mentioned above - moderation in everything.

If you research the cals of various liquors - the "white" or "clear" ones are the lowest (least amount of sugar, e.g. compared to like spiced rums, etc.). I found these types of liquors are even "on" the keto diet (where carbs matter). One of my first trainers suggested Vodka / Cranberry - vodka is ultra "clean" / low cal and cranberry is a good antioxidant & good for your liver. But if you want to avoid the sugar in the cran juice, there's always any other zero cal mixer - soda water, diet coke, Crystal Lite, etc. Of course you then get into the consideration of what fake sugar does to your system, but hey ... the point is to not restrict yourself to DIE w/ T, but rather a lifestyle that supports the goals you want.

If you're in contest prep, then set your priorities accordingly. There's always at least one other person on stage day who was "more dedicated than you" if you're struggling w/ the urge to let it all go.

M

mel149

May 19, 2015
No I'm not an alcoholic. I just stopped my bad habits after training

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Have you been off of alcohol for 3 years or 1 month?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I used to party hard and would still get cravings during the day after slowing way down and training hard.
Now they've completely gone away. I'll still have a few drinks on the weekend (no cravings, just socially with friends
at a bbq, floating the river, etc.).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic