Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Let's talk knee wraps

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Someone who I trained with did this for a couple months and they were having knee pains until they decided to go either in and out and the pain stopped. Wrapping in one direction keeps both knees going in the same direction under pressure.

So.... choose 1 direction; either "inward" or "outward".

For someone new to knee wraps, what brand would you suggest? I've been toying with the idea of including wraps in my training but for the time being would like to keep competing raw classic unless there's a compelling reason to switch to modern.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
For someone new to knee wraps, what brand would you suggest? I've been toying with the idea of including wraps in my training but for the time being would like to keep competing raw classic unless there's a compelling reason to switch to modern.
Wait till you come up for a training day to try the wraps. I will put mine on you. They should work well for your squat.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

I'm biased towards Titan. I'm a big fan of theirs and I learned on theirs. I learned with the Titanium's and then moved to THP's. I'd like to train the Gold's but I won't try them till I'm back 100% with a team and have my fvcking truck back.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I'm biased towards Titan. I'm a big fan of theirs and I learned on theirs. I learned with the Titanium's and then moved to THP's. I'd like to train the Gold's but I won't try them till I'm back 100% with a team and have my fvcking truck back.

Thanks for the insight. I've never used knee wraps or even sleeves before. Now that POB offered to take me on a date I think I'll at least get a feel for them with the brand he uses and keep researching in the meantime to see if they're right for me

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I could come up and court you in July if that works....

A kneewrap bromance. Its like a hallmark for gymrats. Lol. For the record, wrapping my knnes these days make my vagina swell. So i had to stop.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
A kneewrap bromance. Its like a hallmark for gymrats. Lol. For the record, wrapping my knnes these days make my vagina swell. So i had to stop.

My vagina is too beat up at this point to notice any swelling lol

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
My crew all starts at the bottom. Cross up, cross back down, then fill it all in. Always pulling outward. The only exception is for the few people who have patellar tracking issues - they might get one in and one out to help the bad knee track.

For narrow squatters who rebound off the wraps ( most raw lifters) we've found that the Iron Rebel wraps are the best. For wider squatters and geared lifters the Overkill wraps are by far the best.
And for god's sake, chalk your new wraps so they grip tight. Don't just leave them in docd's vagina to get all slippery and gross.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
My crew all starts at the bottom. Cross up, cross back down, then fill it all in. Always pulling outward. The only exception is for the few people who have patellar tracking issues - they might get one in and one out to help the bad knee track.

For narrow squatters who rebound off the wraps ( most raw lifters) we've found that the Iron Rebel wraps are the best. For wider squatters and geared lifters the Overkill wraps are by far the best.

And for god's sake, chalk your new wraps so they grip tight. Don't just leave them in docd's vagina to get all slippery and gross.

You're the second person to suggest Iron Rebel gear so I may just pick up a pair. Which wrap do you suggest for someone who really likes the Titan THP's? #porkylittlekeg

Last edited:
D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013

Pob was kind enough to let me try his Inser true black wraps I think they were while doing banded SSB squats. All I can say is wow! I really like the feel of them and the pop out of the hole. I really think I'd like to include them in my training for a microcycle every now and again. I still plan I'm competing raw classic for the time being but maybe the future will see me going to modern.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
You're the second person to suggest Iron Rebel gear so I may just pick up a pair. Which wrap do you suggest for someone who really likes the Titan THP's? #porkylittlekeg

Honestly I couldn't tell you..... I've used 2 different kinds and they were both better than the Titans or Inzers for my raw work. Both pair were given to me shortly before I got my current gear sponsorship so I never put much thought in to them. I just throw them on for lighter raw stuff where my Overkill wraps would be too much.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Honestly I couldn't tell you..... I've used 2 different kinds and they were both better than the Titans or Inzers for my raw work. Both pair were given to me shortly before I got my current gear sponsorship so I never put much thought in to them. I just throw them on for lighter raw stuff where my Overkill wraps would be too much.

Well.... I'll do some digging and then make a decision.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic