Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

My bodybuilding training/diet thread

M

mel149

May 19, 2015
Hi Im mel I'm new to this board, I'm 27 years old. I've been on many other boards too I hope to learn something here as well. I've been training for 3 years. I' started off with weight loss than worked my way up to bodybuilding. I'm pretty hard core with my training. I train 5 days . I've run cycles and currently running 25mg turanabol ed + 100mg npp ew for 10 weeks. So this is how I train and eat. thanks

Day 1 = Back
-upper back: reverse barbell rows
-single arm rowing
-seated cable rowing
-bent over bbl rows
-deadlift
-cross over
-close grip pull down
-pull down behind neck
-pull ups
-dips

Day 2 = Chest
-plain bench barbell press
-incline bench dumbbell press
-incline bench barbell press
-decline bench barbell press
-incline bench dumbbell flies
-plain bench dumbbell flies
-flies
-decline press dumbell press
-butterfly
-cable crossover

Day 3 = shoulders
-single hand dumbbell front raise
-single hand lateral raise
-Smith machine shoulder raise
-incline lateral raise
-dumbbell front raise
-alternate deltoid raise
-dumbbell shoulder press
-barbell shoulder press
-incline shoulder press
-Smith machine back shrugs

Day 4 = Same as day 2

Day 5 = legs
-Smith machine squats
-dumbbell lunges
-leg extension
-leg raise
-leg curls
-seated calves
-hammer strentgh leg Press
-squats

I eat every 2-3 hours and drink plenty of water

Meal 1
-1 scoop whey protein isolate
+multivitamins

Meal 2
-1 can tuna + 1000mg flaxseed oil capsules/ incorporate fruits and vegetables

Meal 3
- 2 6 oz chicken breast or whole wheat high fibre pasta + 1000mg flax seed oil capsules

Meal 4
- 1-2 scoops of protein shake and 3 fibre one bars ground into a paste and mixed with skim milk

Meal 5
-8 oz steak cooked in olive oil or a canola oil alternative + 1 large portion of broccoli or cauliflower alternated with 1 large salad

Meal 6
-1-2 scoops of casein protein + 1000mg flax seed oil capsules

M

Mainstage

May 17, 2015
Hey can I ask how many sets reps your doing of each ?

Cheers

Last edited:
C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
hey welcome,

looks like you have your training and diet dialed in.From what i can see in your avi,your back looks impressive too.:)

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Your program looks pretty comprehensive!!! I think the consistent eating is one of the hardest disciplines for people.

Your workout covers a lot...but I will leave that for other experts here. I just wonder about the Smith Squats. Let's see what others say.

I am glad you are here and even more so that you are starting this log. I think if you persevere you will find you are well supported here by a lot of good and very generous people.

Welcome!!!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Hey can I ask how many sets reps your doing of each ?

Cheers
Wondering the same. That's a ton of exercises and a lot of redundancy

Only other thing that jumps out at me is that you might find there are better results if you depend a little less on whey shakes

Last edited:
M

mel149

May 19, 2015
Hi and thank you to all .

I can tell you guys that I'm currently working on strength ATM so my sets are quite short. For each workout I'tll be between 2-3 sets + 3-4 repetitions each. Once I've managed my strength I will begin to break down my workouts quite a lot.
I'm also at that stage where I'm adding that extra body fat so their is quite a bit of more work needed.
Once again if you have anything you'd like to share with me I would really appreciate that
Thanks.

M

Mainstage

May 17, 2015

I can tell you guys that I'm currently working on strength ATM so my sets are quite short. For each workout I'tll be between 2-3 sets + 3-4 repetitions each. Once I've managed my strength I will begin to break down my workouts quite a lot.
I'm also at that stage where I'm adding that extra body fat so their is quite a bit of more work needed.
Once again if you have anything you'd like to share with me I would really appreciate that
Thanks.

Hey sounds good :) keep pushing . The one thing that came to mind from your OP was that you were doing to many exercises for each body part . The majority of people I have trained with over the years would do say 4-5 exercises per body part . So that's why the question about sets and reps .But with low reps I can see were your going .
And as we say "if it's working its all good " don't be afraid to change things around if it stops working .

Good luck all the best .

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Hmmm, even so, you're averaging 50 sets for shoulders alone. That's insane

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If your goal is strength, I would suggest changing your training.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

Thanks.

If you're focused on strength atm do large compound exercises: squats, deaddlift, overhead presses, bench presses. Whey protein should supplement and not be a main part of your diet. dialling in your diet is more important than AAS or training IMO.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic