Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What attracts you to a gym?

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I like either some loud rock (classic / hard rock, metal, etc) or else just the tv. I don't like country, rap, or most pop - especially when I'm working out.

I hate headphones and refuse to wear them unless absolutely necessary.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Personally, I'm so over thrash metal I don't know what they're saying screaming bullshit music. So, for me right now, none of that, and no douche bag dudes going, try this, try that, use the mono, do you need a spot, blah blah blah. Fk it, I'm over gyms. Going back to my garage....

You have no reason to whine b/c you have a monolift. That negates your ability to complain.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
My friend calls the death metal music "Cookie Monster Rock". I always found that funny. As they're trying so hard to sound intimidating, all I can think of is the cookie monster from Sesame Street.

That does help! And fits. I have no idea wtf they are saying and I know I sound stupid old saying shit like that, but really words sometimes do make the song.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
You have no reason to whine b/c you have a monolift. That negates your ability to complain.

Seriously tho, they have two. But when I'm mid workout, heading toward a nice lil PR, and the 'coach' says don't use a cage, use the mono, and proceeds to put away my weights, and I lose all rhythm about what I'm doing, i get pissed.
View attachment 7629
That's the gym.
Douche bag coach not in shot.
View attachment 7630
Home equipment set up. I just don't play well with others I guess.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I gotta say that is a VERY nice gym. If some assclown coach or whatever started taking plates off my bar... They'd learn just how fast someone can get planted on their ass from a double leg.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011

We have 2.5, one that is an attachment we started with 1 from EliteFTS and my very own personal one I bought off Jesse Rodgers.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
We have 2.5, one that is an attachment we started with 1 from EliteFTS and my very own personal one I bought off Jesse Rodgers.

I'm going to pick up the mono attachment next year for our gym. It attaches to Rogue racks. It's not as good as an actual mono but it's better then walking it out.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I'm going to pick up the mono attachment next year for our gym. It attaches to Rogue racks. It's not as good as an actual mono but it's better then walking it out.

Walking out sucks, I'm 46 I'm not walking shit out lol!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Walking out builds character. And counts as cardio.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Walking out builds character. And counts as cardio.

It also takes away from the squat your going to perform. Not having to walk a bar out allows you to squat more.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Really BI? You are going to take me seriously today?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic