Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What attracts you to a gym?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Walk through the door and hot chicks at the counter.

Equipment and training areas with low lighting.

Rock music blaring.

Serious, well developed trainees working with a purpose.

People that can see if you want to be bothered or not.

A variety of weights, machines, racks, benches, etc... For mixing things up.

I can always find the slow times.

H

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
There is nothing that attracts me to any commercial gym.

Our personal private team gym the attraction is simple like minded people that want to compete and get stronger.

We are a powerlifting gym we have all the toys one needs.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Lots of free weights, roomy, clean.

Weights, machines, and cardio equipment all well-maintained and operational.

Good location, hopefully not too crowded during non-peak hours. Nice to see a few hot women around as well, but that's not a requirement.

And the staff, management, and owners need to know that the customer is king. I left one gym many years ago because I didn't like the way the owner's son spoke to me one day when I had the nerve to interrupt his phone conversation to try to give him my monthly gym dues and request a receipt. I kept the money and walked out and never returned.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Hot women..****in hate when the gym looks like the senior citizen center..

Then , free weight and please sanitize the place once in awhile..

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
@graniteman is attracted to the gyms that have old guys naked in the steam room

hell yea's.. love old crinkly balls and ass sitting all over the place leaving the place uninhabitable. Bro , I really can't even go in the locker room or steam area..the swimming pool ..Ohhh yea..sweet view. I'll snap some picks next time. Hottie today in some black dental floss...BOIIIING

Phag...

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I'll always go out of my way to hunt down the owner before I join a gym as they're usually quite indicative of what the nature of their gym is like. If I can get a free pass for a week that gives me enough time to train a few times through the day and at night ~ always good to know the type of people that train there regularly.

* Needs to be a decent amount of space/room for DL'ing, pulling etc
* No stupid rules like no chalk allowed, no making noises and all that type of BS
* Good range of free weights & dumbbells that don't stop at 80lb
* At least 3 x dedicated bench/squat racks
* Long opening hours or open 24/7

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks guys these are great things... Seems like most of us are all fairly like minded, the PL guys want a few select pieces of equipment but besides that everyone seems to just want that I think should be standard, unfortunately it isn't haha. Keep the comments coming guys

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
Def heavy Dumbells , and Hammer Strength equipment !!!
my gym has all those . No steam room or pool , but I don't need those things when I have great equipment and the owner stays getting new equipment. He gets rid of something that is t really used as much and goes and gets something new . ****in awesome !!!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'll always go out of my way to hunt down the owner before I join a gym as they're usually quite indicative of what the nature of their gym is like. If I can get a free pass for a week that gives me enough time to train a few times through the day and at night ~ always good to know the type of people that train there regularly.

* Needs to be a decent amount of space/room for DL'ing, pulling etc
* No stupid rules like no chalk allowed, no making noises and all that type of BS
* Good range of free weights & dumbbells that don't stop at 80lb
* At least 3 x dedicated bench/squat racks
* Long opening hours or open 24/7

That's a good one.... open 24hrs. I forgot to mention that in my list. My current gym is open 24/7 for members and that is a HUGE plus.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic