Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

"I hate chicken and brown rice..."

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
"but my trainer says this is what I need to eat to compete in bikini, and he knows his shit, so I am going to continue eating it"

I will never understand why people continue to kill themselves with dry chicken, egg whites, and brown rice when we now realize a more flexible diet is possible and still have the same results. This chic talks about how awesome her coach is, then posts pics up of being smooth from water, and a bit too thick in some areas for bikini. I don't believe she's natty either.

Every now and then I reply with a "oh man, that sucks. I just had some ice cream and pizza last night, and I am back down to sub 10%. Think i'll have some chicken parm with spaghetti tonight too..."

Oh, speaking of which. Been dieting for 6 weeks now. Down 8lbs, 1.25 inches on my waist, and arms are up 1/4 inch. ;)

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Well done Shortz. I don't understand how people can go day in and day out not enjoying their food, sounds miserable to me

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I won't debate the science here but I will say that some people, a lot of people, will not be able to control their portion size if they are allowed to eat comfort food. Also, an increased meal frequency helps stave off hunger and keeps people on a schedule. Is it necessary? Maybe not but its proven to work. One last fact. You are way more likely to find things like maltodextrine and high fructose corn syrup and what ever preservatives in the boxed food that people will eat using flexible dieting. Reading labels is still a must. Life is easier on a broscience clean eating diet.

Giant, out.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I would like to echo what GS said... for some IFFY just wont wont work... they simply lack the discipline... for you it works shortz because you exercise and you manage your portions. you also practice a healthy life style. For someone who eats garbage and never exercises I would steer them far away from IFFY... they just aren't disciplined enough and need to focus on a lifestyle change first... I kill myself with chicken and brown rice and I hate it... but I also eat pizza, wings and beer when I feel like it. so it all depends on the person... IFFY works... so does eating shit you hate... you have to decide what works for you... Did I say i HATE chicken and brown rice??? IF not... I FUKING HATE CHICKEN AND BROWN RICE!!!! #IHateChickenAndBrownRice

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Discipline is the perfect word. Chicken and brown rice is like sending your body to military school. IIFYM is like going to a strip club with your wife. Look but don't touch.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
calculating chicken and brown rice is a lot easier for many people is most likely the answer here.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
I love chicken and brown rice.... haha.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Every now and then I reply with a "oh man, that sucks. I just had some ice cream and pizza last night, and I am back down to sub 10%. Think i'll have some chicken parm with spaghetti tonight too..."

Oh, speaking of which. Been dieting for 6 weeks now. Down 8lbs, 1.25 inches on my waist, and arms are up 1/4 inch. ;)

Been cutting since beginning of year. Down 30+lbs. I eat pizza once a week, pasta several times, I eat chocolate every day, and usually have ice cream 3 times a week. Another Bro-science myth I bust is I drink LOTS of milk and eat dairy as well as take opportunities to eat fruit as much as I can. (My diet is mostly centered around whole unprocessed foods and high quality proteins.)

Strength is holding too for being under 200lbs now. Down to squatting 495x4 instead of 6 and deads are 585x4 instead of 7 reps. (been easy on benching due to shoulders but sure it is still over 400).

Guess I should "clean" my diet up so I can "tone" up a bit. ;)

2bc80b0b-7e74-4df1-a76f-d22583a1752b_zpswh8wt5rd.jpg

8ea567dd-ce8d-454c-bced-0e8d91f646ff_zpsqm0tolhv.jpg

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Been cutting since beginning of year. Down 30+lbs. I eat pizza once a week, pasta several times, I eat chocolate every day, and usually have ice cream 3 times a week. Another Bro-science myth I bust is I drink LOTS of milk and eat dairy as well as take opportunities to eat fruit as much as I can. (My diet is mostly centered around whole unprocessed foods and high quality proteins.)Strength is holding too for being under 200lbs now. Down to squatting 495x4 instead of 6 and deads are 585x4 instead of 7 reps. (been easy on benching due to shoulders but sure it is still over 400).Guess I should "clean" my diet up so I can "tone" up a bit. ;)
2bc80b0b-7e74-4df1-a76f-d22583a1752b_zpswh8wt5rd.jpg
8ea567dd-ce8d-454c-bced-0e8d91f646ff_zpsqm0tolhv.jpg
ok fuker... post up some meals... I want to eat pasta more than once a week too!!!!! Do you eat the whole grain pasta or veggie pasta or regular old wheat/flour pasta?

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Damn Mac, amazing look! What is your height?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
ok fuker... post up some meals... I want to eat pasta more than once a week too!!!!! Do you eat the whole grain pasta or veggie pasta or regular old wheat/flour pasta?

Nothing special....I just eat food. Even eat chick-fil-a one night a week with the kids. (usually skip fries but steal 3 or 4 of the kids ones ;) )
I have even given up tracking macros and done this all by 'feel'. I roughly track my protein totals though. But after spending more than 24 months planning/tracking in deficits and surpluses and deficits, I know roughly what potion sizes are. Planning and tracking is still more effective, but I want to live a more 'laid back' life and truth be told, it becomes diminishing returns at some point. I dont see myself gettng much bigger as I dont want to do what it would take to do that approaching my mid-40's. (just my personal feeling)....so I am enjoying life more....and finding the balance between strength and looking how I want to.

Damn Mac, amazing look! What is your height?

5'9 right at 200lbs right now.

from the looks of his nipples in relation to the light switch I would guess 5' 5"

Come on man....that was rough ;) Yea...5'9 is not tall but I am not giving up any of it! ;)

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic