Kiddorism
What's New?

Whole Foods admits its organic foods contain genetically modified ingredients

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
June 7, 2011

Genetically modified foods have become so ubiquitous in the US that even the grocery store ‘Whole Foods’ now admits it cannot keep biotech foods off its shelves. A representative for the corporation acknowledged in May of 2011 that the realities of the marketplace have forced a shift in the company’s previous no-GMO’s policy.

Joe Dickson, quality standards coordinator for Whole Foods Markets, notes that GMO’s dominate the market, especially for corn, soy and canola crops from which ingredients in most processed foods are derived. “Until there’s federal government mandated labeling of GMO ingredients, there’s no way to tell if packaged products contain GMO ingredients,” Dickson said. “Our approach is to work in the spirit of partnership with our suppliers … to encourage them to take active steps to avoid GMO ingredients.”

In spite of public skepticism about GMO foods, the FDA has backed Monsanto and other corporations, declaring that modified foods do not require special labeling letting consumers know they are eating Frankenfoods. This is in contract to the European Union, where public concern over health issues resulted in a moratorium on GMO’s. Many European countries, including France, Germany, Greece, Austria and Luxembourg have banned genetically modified foods, while other countries in the EU permit their sale only when products include clear labels of GMO ingredients.

Whole Foods’ recent admission proves how successful the biotech companies have been in their efforts to replace foods unadulterated by hormones with Frankenfoods. The fact that one of the best-known purveyors of natural foods has decided to throw in the towel rather than holding the line against biotech foods means consumers will have fewer places to go in their quest to buy non-genetically engineered foods.

Jeffrey Smith points out in his book Seeds of Deception, the biotech industry has co-opted the watchdog agencies of the federal government and sought to silence critics in the media and the scientific community who question sloppy science which they use to “prove” the safety of Frankenfoods. Natural News readers should read Smith’s book to understand the efforts Monsanto and others have gone to — including smear campaigns and threats against those who seek to present other points of views and the theft of research materials contradicting their biotech claims that Frankenfoods are completely safe.

Even the long-standing EU “zero-tolerance” policy on biotech foods has shown signs of cracking in the past few months, as the Union considers lifting import restrictions which formerly kept US-grown GMO’s from being sold in Europe. As reported on Natural News late last year (http://www.naturalnews.com/030828_G…), the forbidden information which surfaced through Wikileaks included documents revealing that the US government has conspired with the biotech companies to pressure European countries on the issue of genetically engineered foods.

Move past the propaganda put forth by Monsanto and their government lapdog agencies by educating yourself on the dangers of GMO’s both on this website and in Jeffrey Smith’s books and website. Try to keep your diet Frankenfood-free by finding a local food coop whose “quality standards” do not involve caving in to the biotech companies.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I didn't post the above because I'm a hippie who bathes in patchouli oil, smokes ganja all day and eats tofu out of my sandals. I posted this because someone else had posted an article not too long ago; in fact shortly after the death of Randy "Macho Man" Savage. This other post was an account of the many early and/or tragic deaths of people who were known steroid users.

My thought and concern with our lifestyle is not with the gear or the diet, but the unintended "ingredients" in our food. Genetically Modified Foods and pesticide contamination are abound in today's factory farms.

Most people eat an egg or two for breakfast. Some of us eat a dozen or more. A couple pounds of chicken, a few pounds of beef. After a couple years of eating like this the pesticides build up in the body as most are fat soluble, and nobody is looking into what sort of havoc this will play on your systems.

In short, when you can - buy organic. Better still, find a local organic farm and buy there when you can.

To our health!

---PoB---

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
My thought and concern with our lifestyle is not with the gear or the diet, but the unintended "ingredients" in our food. Genetically Modified Foods and pesticide contamination are abound in today's factory farms.

Most people eat an egg or two for breakfast. Some of us eat a dozen or more. A couple pounds of chicken, a few pounds of beef. After a couple years of eating like this the pesticides build up in the body as most are fat soluble, and nobody is looking into what sort of havoc this will play on your systems.
Interesting thoughts POB

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I think organics are wonderful but there are some major misconceptions on what a "gno" really is.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
bump..
I feel like so many people are still unaware of GM products.. I just recently started looking at the ingredients even though some things don't even include if they are GM.. but I will try not to buy any products that are GM! >> seriously wtf is wrong with the world

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The health department wants us sick so they can make more and more money off us. They purposely do that so they can presrcibe meds and get kickbacks from prescribing said meds.

A

Augerdog

Mar 12, 2014
Monsanto should be force fed their own products.
If you have to wear haz-mat suites to spray your product something's not right. I read somewhere that in monsantos cafeteria they only serve organic foods. WTF?

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
This all started in 1994 and I dont get how it got to the extent where GMO foods took over the whole industry basically.. Will GMO foods ever be stopped or atleast labelled properly so people know?.. cause I m pretty sure all the foods at my house are GMO as they are from stores like Save on food or Superstore.. but none have any indication of anything being GMO -_-
Why doesnt the government that we elect do anything about it .. do people not care about their health..

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Funny this just came back up. Repeatedly up here in hippie land it's been shot down by " voters " to force them to label it.
Of course Monsanto sank a shit load of money into it to fight it and bought votes.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
99% certain the ground beef I eat is grass fed and the chicken is free range, no antibiotics and humanely killed. On the agenda is to go visit the farms they come from.

Slic.

G

GorillaBiscuit

Jul 23, 2013
shit man...I'm currently majoring in public/community health at university and we're learning all about food production i.e. GMO's and all I have to say is almost every scientific study (all four of them maybe...) produced showing negative health benefits to consuming GMO has been proven to be EXTREMELY biased and therefore retracted. Most anti-GMO debate is just propaganda created by hippies. Seriously if you're getting your information off a website or company with 'natural' or 'truth' in its name it probably isn't a reputable source. There isn't enough research proving GMO's are good or bad. The literature doesn't support the debate and its impossible to avoid these foods so stop stressing over something you can't control.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
GB:

I have not read any articles about how bad GMO's are for you. Instead the ones I have read is how the mixing of genes risks causing food allergy reactions and how there is a lack of studies to show GMO foods are as safe for the general population as are normal foods.

So, for example, if you mix peanut genes into potatoes, someone who is allergic to peanuts, has a decent chance of an allergic reaction to the potatoes, including death. And they had no warning because there is no labeling.

And the FDA is not requiring labeling because the GMO's are considered naturally occurring foods, and not under the FDA jurisdiction.

So if a person has any life threatening food allergies, perhaps an allergy to peanuts, and there is no GMO labeling, and they eat some vegetables with GMO peanut genes in it, shouldn't that person be afraid of dying? And shouldn't they be angry because there is no GMO labeling? Because the simple act of labeling could have saved that person from eating the risky foods . . .

I wonder, how much money does your university receive from Monsanto for research? Maybe you should ask that question as part of educating yourself on the subject.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic