Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Headaches While At A Calorie Deficit

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Caffeine does help, but I can't have caffeine anymore. Definitely works though.

So I'm pretty sure it was two things:

1. Calories were too low, even for a deficit\

2. Like What FIST suggested, and Torres, is to have something with sugar in it that is not so clean every now and then.

So I'm going to try these two ideas, and put them to the test and see how it works.

Thank you all for chiming in with your replies.

Im anxious to hear how it goes bro.Confident you will get it fixed up in no time.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Eh, not sure how the sugar thing is going to change anything. Based on your numbers, I am still puzzled. What on Earth was your maintenance? Your total cals look high for a cut, but I understand that you could have just been severely over eating in the first place, but we still need to know where you were originally. If you don't know where you were, then you're pretty much pissing in the wind while trying to hit the hole.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Speaking of which, last few days I have been burned out. It just occurred to me that I was using a diet set up that I used when I was down to 8%. Eek! I had to reassess and recount everything. Hopefully Ill start feeling better by tomorrow. I was down to 1900 calories. I actually need to be around 2500

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Eh, not sure how the sugar thing is going to change anything. Based on your numbers, I am still puzzled. What on Earth was your maintenance? Your total cals look high for a cut, but I understand that you could have just been severely over eating in the first place, but we still need to know where you were originally. If you don't know where you were, then you're pretty much pissing in the wind while trying to hit the hole.

I wasn't counting before, but comparing it to the amount I'm eating now and how I feel, I would guess it was in the 4k range.

Right now my calories are at 3200. I woke up this morning and my pants felt looser, and my lifting belt is easier to tighten. I think I'm on the right track, I just wanna take it nice and slow.

I can also tell you, that with my current setup of 3200, I feel like I'm at a deficit. I'm hungry more often now, and I am still running out of steam in the gym.

I went to bed last night with just under 3200 in myfitness pal and I was hungry. I could have definitely continued to eat.

EDIT: So far today, I've had two bagels with 4tb of natural PB, and just had 8oz of breaded chicken I made a couple nights ago. I don't hardly feel like I've eaten anything, haha.

My appetite is definitely starting to go up.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Speaking of which, last few days I have been burned out. It just occurred to me that I was using a diet set up that I used when I was down to 8%. Eek! I had to reassess and recount everything. Hopefully Ill start feeling better by tomorrow. I was down to 1900 calories. I actually need to be around 2500

1900 calories!??! For a dude that weighs 200 and has muscle?!!? How did you move around!?

2500 is waaaay better.

If I go to 2800 I can't function in the gym and get out of breath really easy.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
1900 calories!??! For a dude that weighs 200 and has muscle?!!? How did you move around!?

2500 is waaaay better.

If I go to 2800 I can't function in the gym and get out of breath really easy.

I was probably a bit low, however, remember that I don't do cardio either. I control everything through diet so that I don't have to do cardio.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Hope it resolves Turbo....but that said...I'm on a deficit diet for this contest and my head hurts. Its just part of it.

Take care brother!

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I was probably a bit low, however, remember that I don't do cardio either. I control everything through diet so that I don't have to do cardio.

You're not doing Judo anymore?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Hope it resolves Turbo....but that said...I'm on a deficit diet for this contest and my head hurts. Its just part of it.

Take care brother!

Thank you for sharing that Bull. I was wondering if other people on a deficit would have head aches or not. I thought it was just me. Are yours real bad, or minute?

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I get diet headaches, watch the water and make sure you're keeping it up, I find when I am "cleaning" up the diet the body needs quite a bit to get all the crap it's cleaning out out of there. As for the hunger, get rid of the white shit, and start munching on some almonds, veggies, and protein. The quicker you get your system off the processed and simple sugars the less you get hungry at all.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
How's it coming along Turbo? Any progress with the new diet items and macro count?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Hey Turbo.

I too, get headaches when cutting. I am sure mine are caused by low blood sugar. Have you been measuriing and logging everything you eat? I ask, because I am surprised you are getting headaches with 200 to 300 grams of your diet coming from carbs. My headaches come when my carbs get below 100 grams. At 3200 Kcals per day, I am pretty sure your Kcals aren't too low. I am currently cutting at around 2000kcals per day and I am pretty sure I have a higher LBM (and thus maintenance requirement) than you do.

A few things might help.

1. spread your carbs through the day in smaller portions.
2. eat smaller meals more often.
3. consider going keto (reducing carbs to near zero and increasing your fats to 100g per day or so). This will involve a few days of headaches, but when the transition is over, you won't have the low carb headaches to contend with so long as you stay in ketosis.
4. drink plenty of water.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic