Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Steroids and Side effects

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I have never looked any better that I do now with just 250mgs Omnadren every 10 days and 20mgs Anavar ed. I remember how other forum members back in meso, were bashing me for recommending new users to do 250mgs Test and 20mgs Dianabol for their first cycle. The doses are too low used to say. 250mgs will only substitute what you naturally produce they said.... I now call bullshit. 250mgs of Test contains nearly 180mgs of pure Testosterone. The average male produces 4-7mgs of Testosterone every day. That's roughly 70mgs every week.

Rein, I said the SAME thing. A new user should start with 250mg, but I was told that would just shut down your natural production of testosterone and do nothing else. I have the exact same opinion as you do.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have never looked any better that I do now with just 250mgs Omnadren every 10 days and 20mgs Anavar ed. I remember how other forum members back in meso, were bashing me for recommending new users to do 250mgs Test and 20mgs Dianabol for their first cycle. The doses are too low used to say. 250mgs will only substitute what you naturally produce they said.... I now call bullshit. 250mgs of Test contains nearly 180mgs of pure Testosterone. The average male produces 4-7mgs of Testosterone every day. That's roughly 70mgs every week.
I think that's fine for an experienced user/ bodybuilder. I don't think it's best for a first time user. Especially where most first timers are not able to trust their source fully.

Running a low dose like that will give them that "I don't feel anything" mind set and they will quickly bump to 750 or a gram needlessly.

Having said that I agree with you. I love my trt dose. You keep all the gains. Don't need ancillary drugs. I feel right as Rein (see what I did there?). And tossing in an oral from time to time is all the excitement I need.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015

very true! 250mgs/wk of TEST is DEF! more than just TRT!
Although i think 400mgs test is good for a first cycle! and 20mgs of d-bol!
if your gonnna do it! you nine as well do it! 400mg proper dosed stuff is more than good for any first cycle!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I have said these things many times MK... and with the recent passing of a few guys lately I have been re-evaluating my hypothetical doses as well... I have said more than once to many people... the problem with making gains isnt usually in the medicine cabinet... it's at the dinner table. If you aren't eating right... you wont grow right... period... These new comers read about the pros and the stupid high dose cycles and throw caution to the wind... most times I would disagree with Turbolag just because he is who he is... but 250mg EW and a good oral is plenty of gear to make good gains if your diet is right... Blood work is a MUST... I have been getting regular bloods pulled lately and my Doc pushed me back to 100mg every TWO WEEKS because my test was too high even at 100mg EW... go figure... Get blood work done regularly "I Feel fine" isn't a good measure of good health. If you don't respect it, this shit will kill you.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Another thing that bugs me is that people don't do cardio, mostly because they are afraid that they are going to loose their "gainz". The only thing that can be lost is glycogen, fat and excess water. The heart is the only muscle in the body that feeds all the other muscles (not only, obviously). Slow, long distance cardio for 30-40' at 140-150/155 bpm once or twice per week will not only get the heart stronger, but it will also help with excess bodyfat and to lower the rest period between sets or any kind of activity. It will also reduce the heart beats when into a calm state.

The above rant has nothing to do with the original subject of the thread, I just thought I should mention it because using steroids with safety, isn't only about using low dosages but also keeping a very clean diet and having a complete exercise regimen which has to include things like streching and cardio.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Another thing that bugs me is that people don't do cardio, mostly because they are afraid that they are going to loose their "gainz". The only thing that can be lost is glycogen, fat and excess water. The heart is the only muscle in the body that feeds all the other muscles (not only, obviously). Slow, long distance cardio for 30-40' at 140-150/155 bpm once or twice per week will not only get the heart stronger, but it will also help with excess bodyfat and to lower the rest period between sets or any kind of activity. It will also reduce the heart beats when into a calm state.The above rant has nothing to do with the original subject of the thread, I just thought I should mention it because using steroids with safety, isn't only about using low dosages but also keeping a very clean diet and having a complete exercise regimen which has to include things like streching and cardio.
Yes... this... Cardio is a must... and I used to be one of those "I don't want o lose gains" guys... come to find out... cardio actually helped increase my gains... go figure ;)

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Yes... this... Cardio is a must... and I used to be one of those "I don't want o lose gains" guys... come to find out... cardio actually helped increase my gains... go figure ;)

That makes two of us! I now run 3-4 times every week. One or two slow, long distance runs, one HIIT (usually 400m-800m) and one continuous high intensity run.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Another thing that bugs me is that people don't do cardio, mostly because they are afraid that they are going to loose their "gainz". The only thing that can be lost is glycogen, fat and excess water. The heart is the only muscle in the body that feeds all the other muscles (not only, obviously). Slow, long distance cardio for 30-40' at 140-150/155 bpm once or twice per week will not only get the heart stronger, but it will also help with excess bodyfat and to lower the rest period between sets or any kind of activity. It will also reduce the heart beats when into a calm state.

The above rant has nothing to do with the original subject of the thread, I just thought I should mention it because using steroids with safety, isn't only about using low dosages but also keeping a very clean diet and having a complete exercise regimen which has to include things like streching and cardio.

I'm glad I'm not the only one man. I don't see how cardio could effect any muscle or strength gains as long as you eat and rest enough.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I have said these things many times MK... and with the recent passing of a few guys lately I have been re-evaluating my hypothetical doses as well... I have said more than once to many people... the problem with making gains isnt usually in the medicine cabinet... it's at the dinner table. If you aren't eating right... you wont grow right... period... These new comers read about the pros and the stupid high dose cycles and throw caution to the wind... most times I would disagree with @Turbolag just because he is who he is... but 250mg EW and a good oral is plenty of gear to make good gains if your diet is right... Blood work is a MUST... I have been getting regular bloods pulled lately and my Doc pushed me back to 100mg every TWO WEEKS because my test was too high even at 100mg EW... go figure... Get blood work done regularly "I Feel fine" isn't a good measure of good health. If you don't respect it, this shit will kill you.

Look, just because we both date your girlfriend, and she prefers me on the weekends doesn't mean there needs to be any hard feelings man.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Look, just because we both date your girlfriend, and she prefers me on the weekends doesn't mean there needs to be any hard feelings man.
OMG... will you PLEASE take her out during the week too??? I just need her for an hour or two... the rest of the time she is ALL YOURS...

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
The only sides I've ever had were higher BP and slightly elevated liver values. About the same thing if I ate a lot of salt and took some tylenol. But then again I think sides are directly related to what you take and doses. What you get from taking 500mg of test and a few dbol will be different that what you get with 4 grams a week and a gram of tren + drol. Sane doses normally = little to no real sides.

Last edited:
Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I think the most concerning side effect of using AAS is the immediate increase in blood pressure when a person that has not used for a while starts administration {Not good for Kidney function or possibility of stroke}. Probably why the old school used to increase dose gradually to allow the body to achieve homeostasis.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic