Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Pituitary gland tumor

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
4 years ago when I went on TRT, my endocrinologist scheduled a MRI on my pituitary gland, and what came back was surprising. It showed I had a tumor 2mm (or was it 2cm) in size. However he said it was nothing to be concerned about, as he said 10% of the adult population have them and live with them without issue. Easy for him to say, as I was scared and fearful of what might become.

Since the pituitary gland plays an important role in hormones and other things, I would highly suggest you all be aware of it and what it might be doing... for the sake of caution.

The unknown question.

Since the pituitary gland is responsible for such things like Growth Hormones and Thyroid, if we (people who take HGH and Thyroid supps, T3 T4) can these things affect the pituitary gland, like cause it to stop producing, like the way testosterone does to our own natural out put when we inject synthetic testosterone for cycles, TRT etc.? This is a question I have always wondered but never asked my endo, maybe now would be a good time.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I think some people get scripted for gh because of that.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
IMHO...Yes. Hormones and endocrine glands are all intertwined so by altering one of them you could be altering any/all of them. The most important thing is you're AWARE of the tumor so you can stay on top of it. That (along with your TRT), gives you a built in reason to ask your Endo. any question you'd like about pretty much anything. And THAT's a good thing!...

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
4 years ago when I went on TRT, my endocrinologist scheduled a MRI on my pituitary gland, and what came back was surprising. It showed I had a tumor 2mm (or was it 2cm) in size. However he said it was nothing to be concerned about, as he said 10% of the adult population have them and live with them without issue. Easy for him to say, as I was scared and fearful of what might become.

Since the pituitary gland plays an important role in hormones and other things, I would highly suggest you all be aware of it and what it might be doing... for the sake of caution.

The unknown question.

Since the pituitary gland is responsible for such things like Growth Hormones and Thyroid, if we (people who take HGH and Thyroid supps, T3 T4) can these things affect the pituitary gland, like cause it to stop producing, like the way testosterone does to our own natural out put when we inject synthetic testosterone for cycles, TRT etc.? This is a question I have always wondered but never asked my endo, maybe now would be a good time.

In answer to that , yes and no. Exogenous GH disrupts your natural production but when you stop it returns to normal. From all I've read anyways

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Dood, if you have a tumor stop taking HGH yesterday and let your Doc know about your secret

Huh? I don't run HGH and never have. I've been interested for awhile, but never ran it. It's only for you rich mofos :D

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
damn man sorry to hear this.i pray everything will be ok for u brother

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Huh? I don't run HGH and never have. I've been interested for awhile, but never ran it. It's only for you rich mofos :D

Ohhh well kneegro, where you wrote ''we who take hgh'' threw me off. Anybody with tumors or conditions like that should stay away from GH. Its speeds the growth of cells

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
its a good idea for eveyone who is thinking of using hgh to get checked out by a doctor to see if u have tumors ..

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Ohhh well kneegro, where you wrote ''we who take hgh'' threw me off. Anybody with tumors or conditions like that should stay away from GH. Its speeds the growth of cells

My apologies, I should of included AAS too specificaly, which I have used, but not HGH.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011

The unknown question.

The pituitary gland is split into two portions, anterior and posterior.
Anterior is responsible for secreting: PTH, HGH, TSH, FSH, LH, Prolactin, and some others.
Posterior is responsible for: ADH & Oxytocin.

Yes, taking any artificial hormone will cause the negative feedback loop to occur. Your body will stop secreting the hormone to maintain homeostasis. We, my class, recently had a discussion about some athletes long term use of GH and their inability to "rebound" after discontinuing the use after so many years.

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
I always thought a pituitary tumor would spike something like a rise in prolactin for instance. I could be wrong, was years ago when I read the article. Hope everything goes well for you Raiden. I would however be completely honest with my endo at this point, of past usage. Hope it all works out brother!!

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic