Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Let's Talk About MSG

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
So, I've been reading up lately on MSG. It is literally everywhere in food sources! I'm working on setting up a meal plan that will limit MSG consumption, and its a lot more difficult than I thought. Pretty much anything in powder form, or processed has MSG or a similar type substance.

So I've been working on an MSG free food list. Please feel free to add your own addition. I would love to hear everyone's suggestions.

So far:

Meat: Eggs, chicken, steak

Carbohydrates: Rice, potatoes, hashbrowns (Not 100% on these yet), steel cut oats, corn, pasta noodles (Not 100% on that one)

Fruits/vegetable: Any fresh fruit, or raw vegetable

I don't have a large list yet, but am still researching, and hoping for input from everyone.

Some foods I'm not sure about: Bacon, turkey bacon, breakfast sausage, frozen hashbrowns, shredded cheddar cheese, or sprinkle cheese,

Foods that are out: cottage cheese, yogurt, low fat milk, any powdered cheese items, a lot of canned soup items, a lot of mixes from a box.

So lets try to add to the list for everyone to benefit from!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
its in the cream of sum yung gai

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
What is it about MSG that is so troubling to you? Do you have high blood pressure? I'm not trying to argue that it's not the best thing in the world, but how do you think it's affecting you?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My Chinese food place says MSG Free on the menu, but if you park in the back, there are big empty boxes of MSG. Would they lie to me ?? :liar:

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
My Chinese food place says MSG Free on the menu, but if you park in the back, there are big empty boxes of MSG. Would they lie to me ?? :liar:
Break down in translation... a simple mis-communication... it mean they no charga you extra fo da MSG...

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
What is it about MSG that is so troubling to you? Do you have high blood pressure? I'm not trying to argue that it's not the best thing in the world, but how do you think it's affecting you?

Honestly, I've never paid attention to it. I have been reading that MSG can trigger anxiety and depression, and that limiting it can benefit you.

So I thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe 2 weeks to see how it goes, then just continue from there.

Its not about weight loss or anything. Strictly for mental improvement.

Last edited:
enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Its tough to kjow what has msg. It can be listed under "natural flavoring". Your best bet is to not eat anything you dont make and not eat anything that comes in a package

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
every see a china man throw away garbage ...i never did what does that tell u..i wouldnt eat that shit if u payed me

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Its tough to kjow what has msg. It can be listed under "natural flavoring". Your best bet is to not eat anything you dont make and not eat anything that comes in a package

I was at the health food store yesterday, and was asking a lady that worked there about their products and if they have MSG. She also said to avoid anything that says natural flavoring.

Really cuts your options down.

Seem like making it yourself like you mentioned is the best way to avoid it.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
not trying to be a dick... but I highly doubt cutting out MSG is going to help your mental issues... you need medication... #NotTryinToBeADick

D

Dsly

Dec 5, 2012
The latest and most comprehensive research shows that MSG is not bad for you. No issues with asthmatics like previously thought, no neurological issues... Nothing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic