Latest Member
Douglas S
What's New?

NBA talk

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Well if you are going by rings, how did you not put Bill Russell in your top 5, he only has 11 rings.

tooshay ~_~ but Kobe still one of the greats.. comparing players from way back then to now is misleading.. no way Bill Russell wins 11 rings in todays NBA or posts those crazy stats!

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
tooshay ~_~ but Kobe still one of the greats.. comparing players from way back then to now is misleading.. no way Bill Russell wins 11 rings in todays NBA or posts those crazy stats!
Then all the other players before kobe can't be included in the discussion, since they weren't in his era?

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Then all the other players before kobe can't be included in the discussion, since they weren't in his era?

Correct! lol kidding but my knowledge of basketball is mostly from 80s to now.. Not taking anything away from the old timers but I don't know much about them besides Bill Russells having 11 rings and Wilt Chamberlains 100pt game and I have no idea how they were averaging like 40pts with 40rebounds, that's crazy.. It definitely wouldn't have happened in recent times.

but do you not think Kobe is an all time great or at least in the discussion?

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes all time great no doubt. I just don't see him top 5 or top 10. Ok maybe numbe 10 in a top 10, depending other players.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Yes all time great no doubt. I just don't see him top 5 or top 10. Ok maybe numbe 10 in a top 10, depending other players.

Yeah it is hard to put him top 5.., like i said my top 5 list was biased lol
We can say Kobe was the greatest in the 00-10 decade :p

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
You are jim buss, kobe is a free agent next year, do you sign him for big money? Not sign him and spend the money on younger players? Trade him? Or let him walk?

I don't see the Lakers signing him to big money.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
You are jim buss, kobe is a free agent next year, do you sign him for big money? Not sign him and spend the money on younger players? Trade him? Or let him walk?

I don't see the Lakers signing him to big money.

Kobe said he's thought about retiring after his contract; I think he will retire if he gets injured again next season. But I wouldn't give him big money like they did last year but at least 10-15 mill since he fills seats and can still put up decent numbers, just needs some good players around him. They will be better next year though, they get a top 5 pick plus Julius comes back, and if they can get one big name to sing with em, 6 ringzzz!!

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
All star weekend, anyone going to any of the events? The 3pt contest is going to be the best one in years, its completely stacked, winner: Steph Curry or Korver! Dunk contest winner will be either Zach LaVine or Oladipo. All star game MVP: Kevin Durant or Steph Curry.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
My predictions about the 3 pt contest winner; Steph Curry, also the dunk contest winner; Zach LaVine! and the West winning; but MVP was Westbrook; close enough to Durant ~~;

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
There have never been this many trades on a deadline before. 37 players changed teams, wow! They were all mostly good trades too.. OKC definitely became a legit contender now, Heat have a good starting line up now and may make some noise in playoffs..

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Who Did Thunder pick up?

they traded Reggie Jackson for DJ Augistine (solid backup pg) Enes Kanter (22 year old bigman), Kyle singler and Steve Novak ( both shooters)
definitely a steal for the Thunder.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic