Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

researching gear manufacturers

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
This may be the most subtle source troll thread I have seen. And not so subtle. If it's your 5th cycle you should already know if the gear you previously had was good. If so stick with it.

Shhh....everything's cool and everything's smooth my brutha...:)...

Reactions: HDH
HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
This may be the most subtle source troll thread I have seen. And not so subtle. If it's your 5th cycle you should already know if the gear you previously had was good. If so stick with it.

When a thread like this starts, it's usually one of the first things that pop in my head so I completely understand your concern.

I then look at the poster's history, especially when post count is not high. Given the length of membership and the posts that were made in that year, valid posts in my opinion, this being the only thread that names a lab, it doesn't look like a salesman or troll thread.

In this thread, he states the distributor of the Balkan line he orders from has 10ml vials but they stopped making them and now have amps which worry him after he heard that the distributor of the line has a shady past that he found out in a different thread.

It's my belief he used the line but is now worried about getting fakes.

H

Last edited:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
OP should be more lucky he actually got 4 out 4 of his orders, that must be a new record. I have to concur with wesley as well..

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
No offense to you guys here, nor am I looking to disrespect you guys, but if Balkan is good. that is news to me.

Balkan for years was one of the worst brands possible.

If they changed their tune in the last year or two..then good for them...they certainly couldn't have been worse in the past.

And I highly doubt you are going to find "heavy" metal content on any UGL brand. I have never heard of a brand ever justifying that OP. Good luck to you man in your research :)

Good to know. Balkan is one of the lines I see from time to time along with the others, same stuff, no bad reviews. I don't dig into the international stuff though and don't go to many places that discuss it.

No offence taken, I know you have been around and if you say it, it's because it's what you have seen or experienced.

H

S

storman230

Jan 7, 2012
Im still waiting on my balken to arrive. I ordered it like 10 years ago, so i should be here any day now :)

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I don't understand. Theyr is huge ammounts of boards with a ton of sources. and its not hard to look at reveiws and figure out who's who. after the first two times i bought gear i have never had to source check again!
Another reason to homebrew. Trust no one. It's not as complex as everyone makes it out to be. If you can make mac n cheese, you can brew up some test.
AGREED! You just have to know your supplier as well. as long as you are not doing things on a large scale, it's not that serious of a risk.
Because powders from China are 100% reliable. Can it be done sure, is it guaranteed you're getting legit powder.....NO. so if you're an a mature brewer how do you protect yourself and ensure that what you have is what you asked for. Not saying it can't be done but, ask yourself all the questions.
Who said anything about China? :)

This comes down to trusting and doing your research on your sources again. Which you can do on any board who has sources that privide powders. beleive it or not their are some pretty good raws sources that are public and offer high quality raws for cheap and they are not full of metals and arsenic and crap like that! however, i've never seen raws come from anywhere but china and india(rairly)

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
Good to know. Balkan is one of the lines I see from time to time along with the others, same stuff, no bad reviews. I don't dig into the international stuff though and don't go to many places that discuss it.

No offence taken, I know you have been around and if you say it, it's because it's what you have seen or experienced.

H

again this comes down to knowing your source as the source i have gotten balken tabs from was legit. Only source i would ever use if i wanted that brand! their is actually being a log done on balken test right now an another board. 5 testers with enough test to run for 12 weeks and also your choice of AI! Blood work being done also.
However i have heard others give balken bad reveiw in the past, guess it was from a shitty source, prob countereits. their is counterfeit everything. Look at Rips! Look at some HG gear, thats counterfeited all the time in other countries!

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Im still waiting on my balken to arrive. I ordered it like 10 years ago, so i should be here any day now :)

Newbies are always impatient...:)...My "guy" uses Amazon Prime so I always get my orders in 2 days with free shipping!!!...LOL...

Last edited:
4g63mark

4g63mark

Jan 26, 2013
When a thread like this starts, it's usually one of the first things that pop in my head so I completely understand your concern.

I then look at the poster's history, especially when post count is not high. Given the length of membership and the posts that were made in that year, valid posts in my opinion, this being the only thread that names a lab, it doesn't look like a salesman or troll thread.

In this thread, he states the distributor of the Balkan line he orders from has 10ml vials but they stopped making them and now have amps which worry him after he heard that the distributor of the line has a shady past that he found out in a different thread.

It's my belief he used the line but is now worried about getting fakes.

H

Yes sir, you are correct. I'm not certain Balkan stopped manufacturing 10ml vials, as I have seen them on more than 1 site currently for sale. If I some how had a way to verify that I would, but Balkan's site isn't in English. If I knew for sure that Balkan only makes amps, I would have that part checked off my research checklist.

I appreciate the feedback I'm getting from you guys. Thank you.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
again this comes down to knowing your source as the source i have gotten balken tabs from was legit. Only source i would ever use if i wanted that brand! their is actually being a log done on balken test right now an another board. 5 testers with enough test to run for 12 weeks and also your choice of AI! Blood work being done also.
However i have heard others give balken bad reveiw in the past, guess it was from a shitty source, prob countereits. their is counterfeit everything. Look at Rips! Look at some HG gear, thats counterfeited all the time in other countries!

I'm not really big on the hand out gear for testing logs, I mean, who is going to send out crappy gear for people to run logs?

Lots of newer guys buy into it, not saying your new but guys that have been around for a while know better because they have seen it blow up in people's faces over the years. There's actually a better chance they will be overdosed than underdosed ;)

I'm also not saying that everyone that does it is not legit. What I'm saying is in the big picture it really doesn't mean much if someone is going to underdose or scam in the future.

Like the blacks testing, only good shit will go out. After that, who knows?

That's how they get people.

Once again, not saying the blacks will be bad.

I have found it best to stick with the long time private guys, the ones with a decade or better under their belts of nothing but good private reviews. Then, there will never be any concerns of what we are getting.

If someone jumps from source to source looking for the better deals and running with the crowd, they'll never experience what it's like to have no worries.

To me, knowing your source is sitting back for years and watching how they operate. There have been a couple exceptions for me but they come from other trusted guys that sat back and watched them for years.

H

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yes sir, you are correct. I'm not certain Balkan stopped manufacturing 10ml vials, as I have seen them on more than 1 site currently for sale. If I some how had a way to verify that I would, but Balkan's site isn't in English. If I knew for sure that Balkan only makes amps, I would have that part checked off my research checklist.

I appreciate the feedback I'm getting from you guys. Thank you.

I sent you a response and some info that I hope will get you on your way. I checked reviews on Balkan and I wasn't to impressed with what I saw. Hit me back on PM with thoughts.

Stick around and post up bud. We look forward to seeing you in other threads as well as this one.

H

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic