Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Shoulder Health

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
So yeah I let my shoulder tightness on the left side go too far and finally started to really do something about it.

I started to have to use as wide a grip on the squat bar as possible to even get under it and soon enough that went to utter mess.

So I really dug into fixing this and not only within days have I gained mobility and flexibility back I'm actually starting to be able to use less width on my grip meaning hands closer to my body.

This isn't something I invented this is all proven stuff I started really implementing.

Shoulder Dislocations

Shoulder Stretches

Internal and External Rotator Cuff Rotations I use a Mini Band

Shoulder Horn

Rolling a lacrosse ball off a wall on upper back, traps and shoulders

PVC pipe rolling lats and back I'm going to buy a black Rumble Roller soon

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Prehab work for shoulders is something a lot of lifters take seriously and something a lot of lifters don't take serious until they get injured. Rotator cuff exercises are great for general shoulder well being as well as strength in some lifts.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i think most of us are too lazy to do such things but i definately think it is a good thing and something that i need to start doing!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
The first one is the DC shoulder stretch. I swear by it.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Prehab work for shoulders is something a lot of lifters take seriously and something a lot of lifters don't take serious until they get injured. Rotator cuff exercises are great for general shoulder well being as well as strength in some lifts.

I agree!

Thanks for posting this.

Your welcome!

i think most of us are too lazy to do such things but i definately think it is a good thing and something that i need to start doing!

As lazy as I was about it and as bad as it was getting I fixed it in days and within a week both shoulder are almost equal.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Nice post SFGiants....

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Nice post SFGiants....

Thanks bro!

My left shoulder is a constant nagging issues of just being tight I know I'm not alone on this in Powerlifting I had a conversation with my friend Hoss (Scott Hoss Cartwright) and he tells me he and a lot have the same issue making is suck to warm up on squats.

All this stuff 5 days a week has helped a lot.

L

Lynntran

Oct 16, 2015
Hello Everyone. I am Lynn Tran & joined this forum to contribute here about shoulder health.

L

littlebiggerben69

Nov 21, 2015
My shoulder dislocates on a regular basis and I put it back in. Its killing me. I'm not going to the dr. I need to start some physical therapy or something ....

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Yeah. On and off right shoulder issues for twenty plus years. In a period now of shoulder issues and rest and stretching is really only cure. Good post

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic