Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Is eating bread fattening?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
The bread you're eating has been refined and if you don't know what that is I'll tell you.

1. They are excessively starchy.
2. They are practically devoid of natural fiber.
3. There can be up to approximately 25 different chemicals that are added to refined grains and breads products.
4. Grains are fumigated..
5. They are "enriched" with synthetic vitamins.
5. Bleaching chemicals are used.
6. Artificial colorings and flavorings are used.
7. They are nutritionally imbalanced.

Read this. Stay away from bread. The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead.

Makes me want to make my own lol

Yea like cyanide right, oh please, lol!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your absolutely correct and I've no doubt many "Gluten sensitive" people "need" to have a "condition" which mandates special attention.

Contrary to popular belief Celiac disease is NOT an allergic condition but rather a GENETIC metabolic defect involving the GI tract which results in malabsorption.

C. Sprue can ONLY be confirmed with a "several point" colonic biopsy.

JIM

Our youngest has celiac. It had wreaked havoc on her until we finally got the EGD to confirm what it was. Her hair was falling out, she completely stopped growing, lost a bunch of weight, and had explosive diarrhea all within 6 months of her stopping breast milk. Since then, she is finally growin again and is healthy, but she is extremely small for her age and ANY contamination of her food and we start seeing issue again.

It drives us crazy to see so many people talk about their phony "gluten allergy". As my wife puts it, "give celiacs their disease back!" Because no one takes us seriously because of all the fake ass people self diagnosing with heir fake ass disease

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Our youngest has celiac. It had wreaked havoc on her until we finally got the EGD to confirm what it was. Her hair was falling out, she completely stopped growing, lost a bunch of weight, and had explosive diarrhea all within 6 months of her stopping breast milk. Since then, she is finally growin again and is healthy, but she is extremely small for her age and ANY contamination of her food and we start seeing issue again.

It drives us crazy to see so many people talk about their phony "gluten allergy". As my wife puts it, "give celiacs their disease back!" Because no one takes us seriously because of all the fake ass people self diagnosing with heir fake ass disease

And your wife is ON SPOT mate!

Celiac disease is a SERIOUS disorder with extra-intestinal manifestations that can literally control someones life in many respects. One can be assured that 5"2" 300 pounder walking down the grocery bread isle casually discussing her "Gluten allergy" like hay fever, does NOT have Sprue!

More importantly as Shorty KNOWS, they minimizes the disease's significance, causation and treatment.

It's unfortunate some in contemporary society, because of their need to feel special, haphazardly select certain diseases as a means to that end.

Along those lines I usually KNOW when someone has legitimate CD by simply asking who made the diagnosis and if it wasn't a GI doc but "a blood test", the diagnosis is almost always BULLSHIT

Unfortunately Shorty even some Celiac web sites use "blood testing", which are notoriously inaccurate, to estimate the prevalence of CD AT 1:130 PEOPLE, which is absolutely absurd from a statistical basis alone.. (In my practice of well over 3K patients I've TWO patients with CD. However I have referred at least TWENTY for GI evaluation, primarily because of these false positive screening tests)

So it's not to surprising some people with a few episodes of diarrhea and a "cousin with Gluten allergy" read that crap and have a SCREENING TEST performed!

Importantly however most don't pursue confirmation testing, because their symptoms resolve spontaneously, (which does NOT occur in CD patients) yet walk away with that "positive blood test" believing they have a "Gluten allergy"!

Best regards mate
jim

Last edited:
M

Mrloseit

Sep 11, 2014
I would stay away from bread. Unless it's like Ezekiel bread. Ezekiel bread is the most natural, organic, whole grain bread you will ever eat.

Food For Life | Home of the world famous organic sprouted whole grain foods!

The bread you're eating has been refined and if you don't know what that is I'll tell you.

1. They are excessively starchy.
2. They are practically devoid of natural fiber.
3. There can be up to approximately 25 different chemicals that are added to refined grains and breads products.
4. Grains are fumigated..
5. They are "enriched" with synthetic vitamins.
5. Bleaching chemicals are used.
6. Artificial colorings and flavorings are used.
7. They are nutritionally imbalanced.

Read this. Stay away from bread. The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead. Eat brown rice/oatmeal if you need your carbs.

to add to this many have lots of sugar some >7grams of sugar per slice even in the whole wheat
these companies add sugar because people like sugar more and get addicted.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I eat pretty much whatever but that for me comes down to training
intensity, not so much diet. It's not like I eat all junk or only bread. I know to get
my veggies and fruits in. I'm not worried about fructose in fruits. I eat processed foods
in moderation but do try to eat a lot of whole foods but I don't really think about it that much.
It's common sense. People try to make getting in shape such a mystery because that's how they
make money. Continue to make people that aren't getting results feel as if they are missing something
when it's right in front of them. Your 4000 year old secret isn't a secret. Train at a high level and eat a balanced
diet with fruits and veggies and other foods that come from the ground.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
IMO, diet becomes a bigger deal as we get older. Many (but not all) can seem to get away with eating all types of junk and drinking too much in our early 20s, and still look pretty good. Not as many people can get away with that in their 40s.

Bread is wonderful. I love it, and eating twice as much of it is twice as good. But most bread has a high glycemic index (GI), and thus converts to glucose in our bloodstream very quickly. In response, our body releases insulin to "transfer" the glucose to where it's needed. If your body is working hard, the glucose gets transferred into the cell for energy to perform work. When the body doesn't need the glucose, it needs to go somewhere, so it gets stored as fat.

So bread and other high GI foods are best ingested when the body is working and using the glucose. A large dinner, followed by lounging around the house, which most of us do, is not a very good time to ingest a large amount of bread.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you are afraid of eating bread I think you are letting this life suck the fun out of you.

There isn't really one food that is making you fat. Try and look at the big picture. Look at your daily and weekly intake and look at your expenditure.

If having a sammich makes you fat your training intensity could probably go up. Or your overall intake needs to come down slightly.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
First time I heard about Ezekial bread and how it was praised was on here and then I went out looking for the Ezekial bread but I was unable to find it anywhere. Anyone from the states mind FedExing it to me,thanks :\/

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
If you are afraid of eating bread I think you are letting this life suck the fun out of you.

There isn't really one food that is making you fat. Try and look at the big picture. Look at your daily and weekly intake and look at your expenditure.

If having a sammich makes you fat your training intensity could probably go up. Or your overall intake needs to come down slightly.
Actually, I believe mrloseit posted a list of fattening foods in another thread. Maybe you should check it out.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

Hard to argue with everything POB said here. In terms of lifestyle dieting, bread should not be cut out. If you're trying to transform your physique and cut down your bodyfat, keep bread intake lower than normal is advisable, and taking in high GI carbs should be down near the time of heavy training.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Actually, I believe mrloseit posted a list of fattening foods in another thread. Maybe you should check it out.

Or not. There is almost no such thing. If i want to eat pop tarts I can without getting fat. So long as I account for it at some point.

In fact I do eat poptarts. And I have dropped 20 something pounds in 3 months.

Saying there is a list of foods that make you fat is like saying there is a list of foods that will make you lean. Really neither is true.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
First time I heard about Ezekial bread and how it was praised was on here and then I went out looking for the Ezekial bread but I was unable to find it anywhere. Anyone from the states mind FedExing it to me,thanks :\/
You have to look on the freezer section. It is all organic so the shelf life is only days at room temp. While it is good for you... It taste like dried out cardboard.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic