Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Spanish police arrest 26 in steroids and growth hormone bust

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Police have busted what is thought to be the biggest international medicine trafficking ring, seizing 700,000 doses of anabolic steroids, growth hormones and other illegal medicines, and arresting 26 people, inlcuding the manager of a cycling club.

Amongst the drugs seized in the 19 separate property searches carried out today were hundreds of thousands of well-known brands of tablets for erectile dysfunction, more than 10,000 ampoules of growth hormones, anabolic steroids and other doping substances, with a street value of some 3.5 million euros.

The trafficking ring, with outlets in Alicante, Málaga and Madrid, used suppliers in China, India and Turkey, with intermediaries and storage facilities in the UK, Germany and Hungary so as not to arouse suspicion.

The police operation also discovered a laboratory in a lock-up in Elche (Aicante), where a growth hormone bought in bulk from China was manufactured and packaged to be sold on the internet.

One of those arrested is the manager of a cycling club in the Comunidad de Madrid, who was caught allegedly taking delivery of a substantial quantity of EPO, a glycoprotein hormone that controls erythropoiesis, or red blood cell production.

The operation began back in July last year when police picked up on a company in the Comunidad Valenciana that was importing and selling large quantities of illegal medicines and transferring large sums of money to Chinese banks.

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/19596/700000-doses-of-steroids-and-illegal-medicines-seized

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks for posting Admin... I haven't been around long enough so I'm left wondering; do these things usually cause major market disruptions? This one seems pretty damn big... This wasn't some petty dealer in a local gym.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Absolutely astonishing...thats a big ass bust! Im sure this will affect others.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Wow, that is a hell of a bust!

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
thats a huge bust it just keeps getting harder to find what ya need

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Spain huh, that's interesting. I hear cyclists, gymnists and ice skaters are big into the gear game ;)

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Thanks for posting Admin... I haven't been around long enough so I'm left wondering; do these things usually cause major market disruptions? This one seems pretty damn big... This wasn't some petty dealer in a local gym.

It was going somewhere....but it won't get there now. So, yes, I am sure it will cause some disruptions. However, I don't belong to any cycling clubs so I am probably ok. ;)

-CC-

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
WOW! Good job le sounds like you removed some reallllyy baaaaddd peeps off the streets...how pathetic, they are too scared of real criminals who have nothing to lose by putting a bullet in some LE's head when they do a raid, what a pathetic cop out...they nab people for enhancing themselves who have families jobs and pay their taxes etc...those are some real hardened criminals they rounded up, that gang of EPO cyclists are some dangerous bikers!
BITCHES!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Anybody know who this is or the associated lab?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
That is very interesting read, thanks admin, Spain seems to be a really big hot spot for this recently, wondering if the cypress thing had anything to do with this????

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic