Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

I went undercover to find out why people do CrossFit

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
welp, that said a whole lot of nada to me....I'll never be convinced that it's anything more than a group of people getting together to injure themselves and pee a little doing their "double unders"
http://youtu.be/U8OItiWXWW8

i WISH it was done the way it was intended to be done (ie. military training) then it may gain my respect...

Drag and I have a training team that we take very seriously. We begin each meeting with a new prospect by interviewing them. During the interview, we ask questions such as: what's your training regimen look like? What kind of diet do you follow (if any). if "cross-fit" or "paleo" come out of their mouths, it's very hard to continue. we point blank tell them that cross fit is NOT where you will gain the muscle you need to build a physique worthy of competitions.

some of them stay...some of them can't break away from yhe cult...sigh...

Last edited:
C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Strength and endurance - together...gay as ****.

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Thank god I was feeling hate over crissfit crapola I thought I was alone lol

N

NewbieGuy

May 11, 2014
I dont even understand why they do this. Its like they want to get injured. Pffftttt~ :ranger:

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Crossfit is just another element to throw into your Westside or Takano routine.
It's 10x better than any cardio bullshit at the gym. Resistance HIT.

Noobs doing some intense stuff...yeah they're going to get injured if they don't scale back,
which is recommended. Guys that have been athletic and lifting for some time are not
getting injured at the rate of noobs jumping in head first. Take it easy, folks.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Crossfit is just another element to throw into your Westside or Takano routine.
It's 10x better than any cardio bullshit at the gym. Resistance HIT.

Noobs doing some intense stuff...yeah they're going to get injured if they don't scale back,
which is recommended. Guys that have been athletic and lifting for some time are not
getting injured at the rate of noobs jumping in head first. Take it easy, folks.
i gotta hand it to you man, you take some shit for the crossfit community by the way it is talked about it here, but you stand for what you are about no matter how much shit you get lol. Much respect bud.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
It is difficult to take seriously anyone with their socks pulled up to their knees.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I don't understand the dislike toward this sport. I don't personally do this sport because I'm only interested in strength.

But if you watch the CF games (I like watching them), there are some really impressive people there with some physiques a lot of us were aiming for when we first started weight lifting.

I don't see what's wrong with doing cardio and making yourself healthy. Its a chance to take cardio that isn't fun and try new stuff and creative.

Its like any other sport. Go to a nice school to learn and you'll be fine.

And also, some of the weights used in the CF game were heavy. One event was 405 dead lift for reps. And then they had to snatch and clean some weight that would be competitive in a local oly lifting competition.

So I don't understand the dislike.

Just my $0.02

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Turbo, I don't think the distaste comes from the activity itself. Personally I think that it's great that people are exercising with weights. And damn do some of the women look good. The problem lies in the attitude and appearance of some, possibly a minority of the enthusiasts. I think most of us in the iron game have an appreciation or at least a respect for the other disciplines, bodybuilding, powerlifting, oly, strongman etc. it's the crossfit cultists who think that fit and paleo are the way, the truth and the light. They perpetuate the high socks stereotype and cause people to turn away from the good parts. Think if the only Bb'er or pl that you knew was an arrogant jerk in a string tank who hogged equipment and acted like an ass. You would have a negative opinion of bbing or pl.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic