Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Mediterranean diet

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I'm British, born in the UK but I left there when I was 20. I have friends in Spain and Switzerland so I often used to head over there for a few months at a time to holiday and hang out.

That's all I meant by what I wrote, I probably could have worded it better but it's coming up to 10pm here and I'm knackered lol.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
When you think Med Diet you think Greek and rightfully so and if you at their diet and the cultures that mirror them they do drink daily. You can read whatever you want but actually go there and experience it yourself.

Last edited:
ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
When you think Med Diet you think Greek and rightfully so and if you at their diet and the cultures that mirror them they do drink daily. You can read whatever you want but actually go there and experience it yourself.

Not me.. I thought the Med diet was chicken tawook garlic sandwiches, lamb, hummous, and salads with vinegar/oil.. greek was furthest from my mind..

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Not me.. I thought the Med diet was chicken tawook garlic sandwiches, lamb, hummous, and salads with vinegar/oil.. greek was furthest from my mind..

Youre speaking my language lol. I'm Lebanese and make these at home all the time. If you want some recipes I wouldn't mind posting some up :)

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Youre speaking my language lol. I'm Lebanese and make these at home all the time. If you want some recipes I wouldn't mind posting some up :)

How about the recipe for that garlic spread? I think its made with potatoes,garlic,olive oil?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

A lot of carry over like grape leaves, spinach pie, etc.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Where are you from in Leb?

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
How about the recipe for that garlic spread? I think its made with potatoes,garlic,olive oil?

My uncle is a chef and makes it much better than me obviously. I'm going to ask him for his recipe for you.

Where are you from in Leb?

Mi was born in the states. My parents came from Leb. I have family in Daychouniyeh, Mansouriyeh, all over Beirut, Jounieh, somewhere up by Tripoli I beleive and few other spots I can't think of. You from there?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Mi was born in the states. My parents came from Leb. I have family in Daychouniyeh, Mansouriyeh, all over Beirut, Jounieh, somewhere up by Tripoli I beleive and few other spots I can't think of. You from there?

I'm not from Leb but my wife (SisterSteel) is Lebanese. She was born and lived most of her life there. She's from Michmich but grew up in Jbeil and went to LAU. We visit every other year. If you haven't been I highly recommend it. The food, the culture, the history, and the women.

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I'm not from Leb but my wife (SisterSteel) is Lebanese. She was born and lived most of her life there. She's from Michmich but grew up in Jbeil and went to LAU. We visit every other year. If you haven't been I highly recommend it. The food, the culture, the history, and the women.
Next time you go you should probably take your wife ?!

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013

That's awesome lol. I bet you love the food at home that she makes hahaha!!! Nice knowing there's another member here from there :)

good shit man. I have cousin's who graduated from LAU...I even thought of going there as an abroad student. I went once in '95, it was bad back then, and again in 2010 for a cousin's wedding. My father, brother and sister are going this Tuesday for another wedding. I couldn't get the time off from work unfortunately but they will be coming here in august for a wedding in the sates. I love it over there; like you said culture, history, women, beaches, etc.

Did you pick up the language?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic