Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Vince Gironda Tips

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Take liver tablets for example. Right now in bodybuilding, they’re out of style because bodybulding is like America, a fad country where things are in style, out of style, in style, out of style. Whether we like to admit it or not, we are all controlled by Madison Avenue and big advertising from what we eat to what we drink and what we smoke. The whey-protein powders and MET-Rx are in fashion today. Amino acids, glandulars, hydrochloric acid and digestive enzymes are out.

I am a severe hypoglycemic, and Vince taught me that I had to control my hypoglycemia. Every three hours I eat, and I keep my diet low in carbohydrates. I use liver tablets because there is no finer blood builder than liver. Its B12 and amino-acid content nourish the liver. It contains a substance called P450, which he taught me detoxifies the liver of all poisons, toxins, drugs and alcohol. Every time I have a physical, my doctor marvels at the function of my liver. So, of course, every three hours I take my liver tablets.

Vince Gironda taught me the importance of chromium picolinate and minerals to regulate my pancreatic functions and insulin secretions. I guess what I’m doing here is paying homage to him. Maybe I never realized before what a controlling factor this man was in my life. He taught me the importance of eggs, and what a powerful, powerful substance eggs are. He showed me how important eggs are to bodybuilding and the very best hormone precursors.

My routine for the last 25 years has not varied. When I get up, my high fat jump-starter is four or five eggs, depending on how hungry I am. Eggs don’t cause heart attacks. Some people take the yolk from the egg and eat just the egg white, but that’s wrong. Eggs are whole food, the greatest food you can eat. It closely matches the human anatomy. Eggs are the finest protein, along with liver and raw milk. That’s been proven over and over. They have the highest PER (protein efficiency ratio) rating.

Sugars and starches cause heart attacks. The average American diet includes pancakes, ice cream, cookies, pies, cakes, candies, pretzels, doughnuts, pizzas, slurpies, Pop Tarts, Sugar Frosted Flakes, bologna sandwiches, bagels and pastas. White-flour bagels and pastas are garbage! Then you have all the useless fast foods! But the egg is a perfect food. You see, God is the greatest chemist in the world. He created the egg. A drug company created the medical doctor, and all medical doctors do is write prescriptions. Nothing more, nothing less. They tell you what is wrong with you and then write a prescription for a dangerous synthetic drug!

If you separate the white and yolk of the egg, you get an isolated protein. Any time you separate the white and the yolk of an egg, you get an isolated protein. Any time you separate protein from fat you’re left with an incomplete food. The manufacturers of protein powders tell you to mix them with juice or water. Well, let me tell you, folks – you can’t digest protein without fat. Vince taught me that and he was right. When you swallow an egg white, it goes into your stomach and your stomach says, “Hey, where’s the fat?” The white, which is protein, has no vehicle for conversion, so it’s converted to sugar.

The same thing happens when you use protein powder. They say to mix with juice or water because they’re made of ionized whey protein, which is the skim of cottage cheese. It’s not biologically superior to eggs, liver and milk. These powders make you feel good because they’re carbohydrated sugar. Sure you’re going to put on weight, but it’s not going to be muscle weight.

You cannot digest protein without fat…

and it must be digested to be converted to amino acids. Once it’s digested it goes through the liver and is converted to amino acids. If it’s not digested the liver can’t do its job. If eggs or fat cause heart attacks, I want someone to tell me how my grandmother and grandfather, who were both muscular people with beautiful skin, lived on a farm, consumed raw milk, natural eggs pork sausage and butter (my grandfather died two months shy of his 98th birthday, and my grandmother died when she was 101.

An Indian who worked for my grandfather for food and shelter would eat only meat. We kids on the farm used to give pears, peaches and apples, and he’d say, “Oh, you kids crazy!” He wanted meat. Grandma and Grandma would butcher a hog or a steer and put it in the cellar (the cellar was like a fridge back then), and he would go down into the cellar and eat meat. Meat was all he would eat, and I mean the whole animal. So how did this man live to be 113 on a high-fat, high-protein diet? I’d like a medical doctor or so-called dietician to explain that. Vince was right again!

I am now realizing how I carried these ideas of Vince’s through my life and taught them to other people. They have been a blessing for me. When I do consultations I put people on glandulars. I know some say glandulars and liver are not good food, but I tell you folks, that’s where the energy is. The first thing a carnivore eats when it kills another animal is its glands and intestines.

I remember one time while I was working at General Motors, they took a blood test and the color of my blood was far superior to their color chart. The nurse asked me, “How do you do that?” and I said, “I take a lot of liver tablets.” Being a medical nurse, she said, “Sure, sure, sure,” and looked at me as if I was crazy. Unfortunately we are putting our lives in the hands of these people I recommend two good books about the medical profession: Silent Violence-Silent Death and The Drug Lords. They’ll scare the hell out of you!

Vince Gironda taught me about nutrition, hydrochloric acid and eggs, and folks, they just plain work. The man was so far ahead of his time it was almost a joke. Speaking of jokes, he was a real comedian and his jokes in the gym kept everyone loose.

Bob Kennedy of Muscle Mag International was a good friend of Vince, and Vince used to write a regular column for his magazine. After Vince died, I called Bob and said, Bob, I’ve known Vince for 25 years, and I’d like to continue his column because I know his methods backward and frontward.” Bob replied, “Ron I would love to have you continue his column, but you know what?” I was getting complaints that Vince was too old. People complained, “Who wants to listen to what he has to say?” Well, that struck a nerve, and I would like to address those folks who felt that way.

In America, today, we have one horrible agenda that we practice. Madison Avenue has created the youth culture. It wants to sell things to young people with money. It wants to ignore older people, and of course, this is our culture… money. If you’re over 50, even sometimes over 40, no one wants to listen to you any more. It’s really a crime. Look at how the American Plains Indians treated their elders.

They treated them with dignity and respect. Nobody wanted to listen to Vince because he was old, but nobody stopped to think that what Vince had was wisdom, knowledge and experience. If you go to any other country in the world and you are over 50, by God, you’re put up on a pedestal. People come to you for advice and knowledge, and you’re revered. But not in America. Vince was a tragic example of this shameful phenomenon. He went out of style.

Whenever an older, wise, intelligent person offers advice, you should listen to his wisdom.

He’s only trying to save you a lot of heartache and grief. Certainly Vince Gironda did this for me. Take Heed. What happened to Vince should not have happened to him. He was a victim pure and simple of our culture. I was disappointed, Chris Aragona was disappointed, but that’s the way it is. For years, I’ve been saying that in the future, Vincent Van Gogh will have nothing on Vince Gironda because one day Vince Gironda will be the Vincent Van Gogh of bodybuilding.

In another 15 years, you’ll be reading what Vince had to say. Everything he said 50 years ago is now coming true. Don’t overtrain. Work out like a sprinter, not a long distance runner. Bodybuilding is 85 percent nutrition. Always use muscle confusion. Don’t do situps and leg raises because they make your stomach bigger, not smaller, and they curtail lean muscle gains because your hormone level drops. He said all this years ago after going through trial and error. He discovered it was true. Slowly, but surely his methods have been proven, and they have stood the test of time. Unfortunately some authority has begun to take credit, and you see a lot of copycats who are stealing from Vince, and that’s a fact. You know who you are and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Two or three years ago some idiot wrote to a magazine and asked, ‘If Vince Gironda was so great, how come he never won a major contest?” Well the simple fact is that back in his day there was a different style to bodybuilding. Either you looked like John Grimek – bulky and smooth – or you weren’t a bodybuilder. Now, the authorities might not want to recognize this fact, but Vince Gironda is the father of modern bodybuilding. He created definition. Hell, in the 40′s he was ripped to shreds. He never placed higher than second or third in a contest. They looked at him and said: “What is this? Who is this? What kind of physique is this?” Some winced at his incredible muscularity.

Nowadays, if you’re not defined and shapely, you might as well just go on home. Again we should all pay homage to Vince. He invented definition. He invented the beautiful physique, the shapely physique. DO you see what I’m saying? The guy who asked that stupid question really doesn’t know much about history. He probably thinks steroids are magical pills.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
If anyone knows my log, they know I take hydrochloric acid (betaine hydrochloride) and liver tablets. I never have stomach issues because of the betaine use..it's a god send.

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
I used to love reading Vince Gironda's articles, great read thanks.

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
bybon, question for you, I take 25 grams of desiccated beef liver powder a day, how much hydrochloric acid should I be taking at 240lbs.? rt...

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Words of wisdom....thanks my hooded friend.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
Vince was a legend and far far ahead of his time! I take dessicated beef liver. I like healthy n fit brand, or carnivor.

Larry Scott was girondas golden child!

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
lol I forgot I posted this lol. Fanofiron - yup in my younger days I had all Scott's pamphlets, Gironda. Loved bill pearls stuff too. Much of it still relevant today . Even when I've studied and taken my past tests when I decided to get certified - crazy bodybuilding really is not delved into deeply as people think . Detailed bodybuilding methods need to be found through bodybuilders . I'm this day and age every ignoramus needs to see that you have paper credentials on your wall- crazy sometimes .

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
lol I forgot I posted this lol. Fanofiron - yup in my younger days I had all Scott's pamphlets, Gironda. Loved bill pearls stuff too. Much of it still relevant today . Even when I've studied and taken my past tests when I decided to get certified - crazy bodybuilding really is not delved into deeply as people think . Detailed bodybuilding methods need to be found through bodybuilders . I'm this day and age every ignoramus needs to see that you have paper credentials on your wall- crazy sometimes .

Man I'd love to see those phamplets!!!
I had the pleasure of speaking with Larry Scott a few years ago. He was a gentlemen and a wealth of knowledge!
I really wanna get Vince's book the wild physique. I have Larry Scott's loaded guns signed by Larry. Amazing book.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
I take liver tablets (only about 10 a day though) chew them up though as most liver tablets DONT dissolve and are a waist of time.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
Dallas I usually try them in vinegar to see which ones dissolve. Uni liver ones never seemed too.
U are my hero if u can chew them! I've tried they are aweful!!
I get a rush off them when I've done it. Right into the bloodstream!

What brands have u tried?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Universal fir most great company - I would never use their liver. Most liver pills actually turn to dust upon touch bottom of bottle usually powder . With every supp I take caps - non of this extended release crapola - liver pills dirt cheap too- just get argentine beef liver no coating. Or enjoy chewing. The rush is in your head , but whatever works more power 2 ya! I'm thinking Swanson liver is like 2-3 buck non coated. Find one of those earthy crunchy health food stores by no name - actually the best

Last edited:
dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Uni liver till I realised they don't dissolve. Now I use some from Holland and Barret health shop . . . . but I chew them all up anyhow so It don't matter. I chew up 4 or 5 at a time. I chew all my supplement tablets up (Appart from cod liver oil capsules). No one governs supplements like they do medication so they don't need to prove your body will absorb them (so I make sure the gits get in their). You can have upto 50 a day and that's 50g of protein and a few grams of creatine (yes creatine) see why supplement companies say their crap (they can make more money of creatine monohydrate). They used to eat upto 100 a day but they were half the strength back then. Supplement companies (bodybuilding supplement companies) say eggs are no where as good as whey, but its only so we buy all the tons of whey they are producing to line their pockets. Body building companies were not in control of our supplements and food so they need lies and crap tests to prove they make the best stuff.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic