Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Sudden and complete power out while lifting?

Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
While doing dumbbell flys tonight I had a sudden and complete loss of power my arm felt like it just collapsed? Folded down and I nearly ended up with a dumbbell in the face? Wtf why?
I had all my lymph nodes removed in left breast and arm pit about 5 years ago this wouldn't be it would it? I mean lymph is just a filter system frankly but I've no injury so I can't understand it! It's not the first time, once before during bench press !
Any ideas?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Where were you in your workout? Failure set, end of the session, acclimation set etc?

I had a brief bout with non-hodgkings lymphoma...7 tumors/nodes removed almost 20 years ago (damn I feel old) and never had any nerve issues or loss of muscles like that.

On the other hand, an older friend of mine just started working out again and during his dumbell military press, he almost took a dumbell straight to the top of the cranium simply because he hit failure and his stamina hasn't been built up yet.....just throwing that out there too.

Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
I was in the middle of a set with another exercise to do. Never have had loss of movement or strength before tho my surgeon did tell me I may lose some movement I've never noticed I had but never strength like that

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
All fairness, Janie definitely puts 110% into every rep and set. I think her body is just telling her to P&SS OFF :Middle-finger-emoti till its used to training hard.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Don't be embarrassed. It shows your working hard. I was once super setting sumo squats with leg presses. On my first set I was so confident that I walked completely out of the squat rack to do my set. I went down and my legs just shut down and I hit the floor.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Sounds like it was muscle fatigue where it just said.... not gonna do it.

Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
Don't be embarrassed. It shows your working hard. I was once super setting sumo squats with leg presses. On my first set I was so confident that I walked completely out of the squat rack to do my set. I went down and my legs just shut down and I hit the floor.

Luckily it was only in front of Dallas and not at a gym full of people!!!

Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
Where were you in your workout? Failure set, end of the session, acclimation set etc?

I had a brief bout with non-hodgkings lymphoma...7 tumors/nodes removed almost 20 years ago (damn I feel old) and never had any nerve issues or loss of muscles like that.

On the other hand, an older friend of mine just started working out again and during his dumbell military press, he almost took a dumbell straight to the top of the cranium simply because he hit failure and his stamina hasn't been built up yet.....just throwing that out there too.

I so hope it's nothing to do with the Lymoh clearance as I would hate that to interfere as there would be nothing I could do about it !!!

I never felt as tho my movement was effected only for a short while afterwards .
I would hate for something from my past to spoil this new chapter in my life :(

Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
All fairness, Janie definitely puts 110% into every rep and set. I think her body is just telling her to P&SS OFF :Middle-finger-emoti till its used to training hard.
Still felt like a right tit ! Made me really really angry , almost turned into the Incredible Hulk !!! x-:)-o#-o

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Luckily it was only in front of Dallas and not at a gym full of people!!!
What BI Said...Sounds to me like you hit that point we all really go for... muscle failure... good work! And, if you cant workout to failure in front of dallas you need a new workout partner... he sounds like a real prick then... A good partner would be there to spot you and give support for muscle failure! In what we do, muscle failure is a great success... AND... Hulk mode is ALWAYS acceptable here at TID! actually its encouraged ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic