Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

competition prep coach-kim oddo

N

NadiaFit

Mar 6, 2014
HI.just recently did my first competition and did really well. The coach I worked with was great, but I was thinking about spending the extra money and signing on with Kim Oddo. Anybody work with him, no anyone who has, or heard anything about him?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Not too familiar with him however I know if you want one of the best Noel Fuller or Shelby Starnes are the way to go

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I know "of" him but only from what I have read in magazines. I can tell you that there are no mystical secrets that a top level coach knows. If you think your current coach is great and you got good results, then you can only expect better results as he/she gets to know your body even better.

On the other hand, politics is huge in this sport. You may win a show simply because you are one of his angels. It may be worth hiring him just to help pave a path into the industry.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Never worked with him but I noticed a lot of his girls are not conditioned in the hams glutes. Example Nicole Wilkins

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
I went to college with one of his angels. Maybe hire one of them?

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Food for thought. I know of him and another dude Mr. Davis who IMO runs circles around Oddo.
Davis has turned more pros then any other trainer in the world.

What concerns me and I see it ALL the time. You just did your first competition and did really well.
Lets not forget show quality can vary from show to show.. Now you are thinking I did this well with this guy maybe I can do even better with ODDO? Maybe you are thinking that? I dont know. Do you want to pay 5 times the amount you did with your current guy? The plastic trophy might say a placing or two more on it. Think about the volume of clients ODDO has. You become one of a flock. I assume you will have to cyber train with ODDO> Is that the face to face time you wish to have? Cyber training works and maybe you are doing it now.

It is my suggestion just a friendly opinion. Complete the season with the man you started with. Give him the opportunity to continue to help you succeed. Dont bail on the guy that just got you started. You are very green and It would seem ambitious. Both are fine. Learn, to be humble and get your stage presents down. The big guys will start coming for you if you start beating their girls. Plus you will still have money in your pockets to buy your chicken breast and asparagus.

HI.just recently did my first competition and did really well. The coach I worked with was great, but I was thinking about spending the extra money and signing on with Kim Oddo. Anybody work with him, no anyone who has, or heard anything about him?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I don't know Kim personally, but from a coach standpoint, if you have a coach you like I like the idea of finishing the season with him/her and get to know your body better with someone who has taken that first trip with you. It is always a challenge finding a coach that you like and helps you get results. Are you working face to face w/ your current coach or over the internet? Over the internet can be challenging as well because you may be getting a cookie cutter diet / training and doing things thru photos & email. I've done both - I can tell you both Noel & Shelby will respond to you quickly and both consistently produce results, but I don't know that it's necessary to switch coaches.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic